It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

i could actually do it!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2005, 09:18 AM   #1
desirexx
(female)

desirexx HB User
Smile i could actually do it!

Hey..
okay.. well for the wholee summer.. i would eat a lot... way too many fatty foods... and way too many carbs...
this summer i decided to give up all my summer activities... and i pretty much stayed home, worked, slept and ate , pretty sad eh?
well i'm in gr 11 and at the end of the year our school is having a semi-formal...
i am a small person... only 5"0.. and 123 pounds.. but at the moment.. i am unhappily inbetween a size 1 and 3 dress size... so my theory was that.. if i can loose 10-15 pounds and get rid of all my excess fat... (i do have some... !) i would be able to feel comfortable about my body again... and look fantastic for semi.
I thought about becoming anorexic, and belimic.. and all those disgusting diseases.... (that was how desperate i was) , i'd try for about a day... and break... i'd eat more and more....
but one day... after thanksgiving... it was the Tuesday after... i started drinking slimfast at lunch time... and having a small supper , then a small snack for bed or after school..... in 1 week.. i have lost 5 pounds... it feels absolutely amazing... that i can do this... by eating less... but the thing is i'm still satisfied after every meal.. and its an amazing feeling. My boyfriend says ihave never looked as beautiful.. my skin is looking so much more radiant.. and i have somehting to look forward to every single morning!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2005, 11:47 AM   #2
justanothagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

justanothagirl HB User
Re: i could actually do it!

Good for you. That's a much better solution than going by those eating disorders. However, this is gonna sound weird considering you're trying to lose, but are you even eating enough? What's in a slimfast shake? 250 kcal? What's a small supper? 300 kcal? A small snack? 50 kcal? That's like 600 calories a day. That's anorexic, girl. You can't be starving yourself like this. It's not good for your health and in long terms it won't be good for your waist line either. Not only are you depriving your body from important nutrients it needs, your body will get used to getting in way too few calories. You break down muscle, and actually might gain bodyfat. Especially when you start eating again. Cos you can't keep eating at this pace. So I don't know maybe I've gotten your portion sizes completely wrong, but from the sounds of it it's pretty bad. Don't get me wrong, it's great that you've gained control. Now maybe it's time to use that control to stick to a sensible diet. Starving yourself (even though it doesn't feel like starving, your body gets used to it), is not the key. If I were you I would keep my calories at around 1200 kcal a day which is the minimum you should take in if you're trying to lose weight in a healthy way.

Last edited by justanothagirl; 10-16-2005 at 11:49 AM.

Old 10-16-2005, 05:44 PM   #3
Dales
(male)

Dales HB User
Re: i could actually do it!

Yes I agree its awesome you feel really good about yourself...but I suggest also do it in a healthy way...it will be easier to loose weigth by having 5 meals a day than only 3 because your energy levels in you body will be very low....you body will start relying on itsself..and yes you will loose weight that way but the rigth way to loose weight is eating all healthy foods and exercising as much as possible ... your body will burn fat while exercising because your usuing up stored energy(fat)....The 5 lbs you lost already was mostly water ....so when u finish losing the 10 lbs you want to you will probably gain back the weigth very quickly. Also because you not eating healthy and your body is going crazy for what it needs...I went through the same thing as you but remember it might be easier the way yourdoing it but doing it the correct way will keep those few lbs off.

Closed Thread