It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Phentermine update - 1 month

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-25-2005, 10:07 AM   #1
    Mark5

Mark5 HB User
    Phentermine update - 1 month

My wife is 5'9" and 200 lbs and in one month on Phen has lost 8 lbs. She has done not working out and hasn't really changed her diet too much. She is ordering a two month supply and hasn't complained of any side effects except maybe constipation from time to time. she did comment about more energy.

I have heard so many people say their body builds a tolerance to the drug. I worry that my wife is setting herself up for a problem because if she doesn't work out with this drug and stay to a set diet she will gain everything back if she stops taking the drug or her body builds a tolerance to it.

Thoughts? Do most people who use this also try to lose weight through adding an exercise routine?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2005, 12:57 PM   #2
    pipermac
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

pipermac HB User
    Re: Phentermine update - 1 month

I dont know anything about the drug. but losing 8lbs in a month just from a drug and no exercise or change in diet seems like alot. Most Diet drugs do not have that much of an impact.

that being said...if it is just the drug doing it then she will most definately gain weight back when she goes off it or if she builds up an intolerance. To Lose weight and keep it off you have to change your Diet/Lifestyle to something permanent.

Old 11-11-2005, 06:24 PM   #3
    tiff1982
    (female)

tiff1982 HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Phentermine update - 1 month

I've been using Phentermine on and off for a little over a year and I've lost close to 75lbs. In my first month on Phentermine I lost 20lbs, didn't exercise or change my diet but it was of course water weight I lost. I also had some constipation but that was it. At this time I'm now exercising and TRYING to change my diet because I don't plan to be on the pills much longer. Your wife should also exercise and change her diet so when she does stop taking the pills so won't gain any of the weight that she lost and this will help her alot.

Old 11-13-2005, 07:31 AM   #4
    unusual_blessin
    (female)

unusual_blessin HB User

Mark-
    Hey! How is the wife's diet going now? I, too, have been using phentermine. In my first month I lost 20 pounds. I have been able to keep that weight off by rotating the use of my pills every other month. I started using the pills in July, lost 20 lbs, and then stopped the pills. In September I started the pills back and have lost an additional 6 lbs. I don't exercise like I should. My diet hasn't changed much at all. Actually, I have just adding more vegie's onto my daily food intake. I didn't take the pills in October but I am currently on them now. I have fount that my body doesn't get immune to the drug this way. It helps them do their job. My mom was on the pills for 9 months straight, she never lost more than 30 lbs. Now, she has been going thru a withdrawl stage. She has no energy and has already gained 10 lbs back. I hope everything goes well for your wife and she can find the right diet for her. Good luck to you guys.

Old 11-13-2005, 04:23 PM   #5
    bluehen94
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluehen94 HB User

To those who use this pill......is it only available with a prescription? and do you have to be very overweight to use it or can you use it to just drop 10 pounds?

Old 11-14-2005, 06:13 AM   #6
    unusual_blessin
    (female)

unusual_blessin HB User

Bluehen-
    Yes, this has to have a prescription and believe it or not... this pill wasn't meant for long term use. It was actually made so that it would help people just like you who only have a desire to drop a few extra pounds. What it does is control your hunger. I have experienced several side effects from this drug. I advise you to speak to your doctor if you have any health problems. Another name for this drug is Adipex. I have had dry mouth, isomnia, diarrhea, heart palpitations, and the shakes from this drug. Keep me posted on whatever you decide to do. I hope I was helpful. I wish you the best in whatever choice you make. Take care.

Old 11-14-2005, 07:33 AM   #7
    worldtraveler
    (female)

worldtraveler HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mark5
    I worry that my wife is setting herself up for a problem because if she doesn't work out with this drug and stay to a set diet she will gain everything back if she stops taking the drug
    If she does not change her eating and exercise habits, she is absolutely guaranteed to gain back the weight. Probably more. Unfortunately, she really isn't using the medicine like she should.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:31 AM   #8
    bluehen94
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluehen94 HB User

Thanks unusual blessin. There is no way any doctor would prescribe a weight loss pill for me. I am not overweight, but would like to be a bit leaner like I was prepreg. A doctor would look at me and laugh. I see so many websites selling it I thought maybe one would let you get it without a prescription. However, if it only serves as an appetite suppresant that wouldn't help me, I am OK in that area, just need a jump start.

Old 11-14-2005, 03:53 PM   #9
    unusual_blessin
    (female)

unusual_blessin HB User

BlueHen-
    Sounds to me like you need to try an energy booster. My sister has taken some over the counter drugs that seem to help keep her going. These pills will give you energy but I wouldn't advise you to take them if you are in no way over weight. I on the other hand am way over weight. I am hoping for some positive results from these pills. I'll talk to my sister for you... find out what energy kickers she takes and then I'll get back to you.
    Take care.

Old 11-14-2005, 04:25 PM   #10
    luv2sing
    Inactive
    (female)

luv2sing HB User

I tried Phentermine years ago and lost 10lbs my first month, the second and thrid month-nada. But I was a ***** on those things-LOL! I was mean! a few years ago, I tried it again in a lower dosage and lost 6lbs in 6 months-not worth it since my insurance didn't cover it so I was paying $120 a month for a bottle of pills.

Old 11-14-2005, 04:39 PM   #11
    bluehen94
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluehen94 HB User

Thanks unusual_blessin, I actually ordered a few pills off line that will provide an energy boost plus and hopefully a metabolism booster. It just seemed many people had such great results with this pill I was curious what it was all about.

Old 11-14-2005, 08:46 PM   #12
    worldtraveler
    (female)

worldtraveler HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bluehen94
    Thanks unusual_blessin, I actually ordered a few pills off line that will provide an energy boost plus and hopefully a metabolism booster. It just seemed many people had such great results with this pill I was curious what it was all about.
    You're probably aware, but it is illegal without a prescription in the US.

Old 11-15-2005, 07:42 AM   #13
    unusual_blessin
    (female)

unusual_blessin HB User

Worldtraveler,
    The pills that Bluehen has ordered offline was just an energy booster/vitamin. Last time I checked I could walk in any store I decided and just pull them off the counter and pay for them. What's the difference in ordering them offline? Just curious! Why would they sell these pills as over the counter pills if they needed a prescription? I would really appreciate a response from this. I really didn't know it was illegal to order such pills online.
    Thanks!
    Unusual_Blessin

Old 11-15-2005, 08:32 AM   #14
    worldtraveler
    (female)

worldtraveler HB User

Oh okay, no problem. Since the subject was phentermine, and someone just referred to "pills," it certainly seemed that someone ordered some phentermine illegally!

Old 11-16-2005, 06:56 AM   #15
    unusual_blessin
    (female)

unusual_blessin HB User

Worldtraveler-
    Hey! How are you? I wanted to tell you that I am sorry I sounded so grouchy in that last post. Been going through alot lately and I had no right to smart off. If I offended you in any way please accept my apologizes. We did get off the subject of phentermine but she was just wondering if the phentermine would give her an energy boost. When I explained to her that it was mainly for weight loss purposes, she went to a website and got some energy boosters off line. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Take care.
    Unusual_Blessin

Closed Thread