It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Hydroxycut - One viewpoint

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-14-2005, 08:46 AM   #1
    kewlgirl
    (female)

kewlgirl HB User
    Hydroxycut - One viewpoint

I've heard mixed messages about Hydroxycut and got the advice from a friend of mine who is a Toxicologist (studies drugs and their reactions to the body).

She stated that Ephedra-based weight-loss supplements both good and bad for the body - depending on how much you take. If taken in moderation and only being taken in very small doses, and your health is good, it is fine For instance, Hydroxycut states you need to take 2-3 pills taken 3 times a day, 6-9 pills total a day.

My friend stated that this much is outrageous and the most a healthy person should ever take is 1, maybe 2 a day and never go beyond this to ward off the side-effects. A higher dosage with neither make you lose weight faster or lose more weight period.

I just started Hydroxycut on Sunday. I only started with 1 pill a day and felt a bit more energy. It is now Wednesday and I am now taking 2 pills a day and feeling fine.

My appetite is down and I feel more alert but no big side effects. She said to continue this with a 1200-1500 calorie a day diet, drink lots of water, and while the Hydroxycut will not be the sole source of weight loss, it will for sure boost the metabolism so the body will not go into starvation mode with less calorie intake.

Will check in with progress. I only plan on weighing in once a week, and will do so on Sunday. Right now I am 185 as of Sunday and want to get down to 140.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2005, 07:40 PM   #2
    boicrazy3188
    Veteran
    (female)

boicrazy3188 HB User
    Re: Hydroxycut - One viewpoint

Hey,
    Thanks for the post! I have some Hydroxycut in my bedroom. I was taking close to 5 pills a day, and did see some improvement, but not enough to keep taking htem. What kind are you taking? I have the caffiene-free ones so they may not work as well. But, if your friend is a professional, then maybe i'll start taking them again. Please keep us posted!

Good luck

Sara

Old 12-18-2005, 11:30 AM   #3
    kewlgirl
    (female)

kewlgirl HB User

Week 1: started at 185, weighed in this morning at 182.

Started with 1 pill a day for days 1-3, progressed to 2 pills a day (with lunch and dinner) for days 4-7.

Found it better to eat with food to avoid upset stomach.

Side effects:

Positive: less appetite, slight increase in energy, alertness, increased sex drive.

Negative: sweat more, slight increase in acne, slight jitters in first few days while body adjusts.

Tried to drink caffeine, not a good idea! I felt sick to my stomach with caffeine and high carb/high sugar foods.

Types of foods I'm eating...

Breakfast: either cheerios with lowfat milk, sometimes wheat toast.

Lunch: salads, low-fat dressings, tuna sandwiches on wheat bread, sometimes a Lean Cuisine meal if I'm in a hurry, lots of fruits, deli meat sandwiches with musturd (no mayo, too high in fat).

Dinner: chicken (skinless), salads, turkey, Lean Cuisine meal (if I'm in a hurry), lots of veggies, steamed carrots, etc.

Snacks: apples, oranges, carrots and low-fat ranch dip, celery sticks, wheat thins

Beverages: lots of water, low sugar juices, low-fat/skim milk.

Overall it seems to be helping. Going to continue and see what happens!

Old 12-18-2005, 02:13 PM   #4
    boicrazy3188
    Veteran
    (female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

Now you say that you've been sweating and stuff. Are you taking the Hydroxycut w/the ephedera? Because I don't know any stores that sell that anymore. Congrats on the weight loss!

Closed Thread