It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Help me feel FULL!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-30-2005, 06:12 PM   #1
    boicrazy3188
    Veteran
    (female)

boicrazy3188 HB User
    Help me feel FULL!

Okay, so I have just about tried everything. I'm not very overweight, about 40 pounds. I never Am hungry or FEEL hungry. I eat because I'm bored. Now, I know what you want to say-keep busy. But, I try to. I don't watch alot of tv at all, but when i'm bored, no matter where I am, I eat. So, I would like some help with this. If I had the money, I would have surgery, but that is not an option. What im asking is I would like some Ideas to make me feel LITTERALLY sickly full without having to eat two pounds of food. Whether it is a pill, or drink or anything, I just need help feeling full. If I can achieve this, then I won't eat because I'll feel too sick to put ANYTHING else into my mouth. (Seems like a weird thing to ask, but think about it, do you eat more after you've stuffed yourself!?!) LOL thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2005, 06:50 PM   #2
    Slippers
    (female)

Slippers HB User
    Re: Help me feel FULL!

Hi Sweety,

I don't know what age range you are in, but in any event, please just exercise and you will feel full. You will no longer feel like eating a lot. But do something often and regularly. Ex.: aerobics every other day and on the other days, walk fast for at least 40 minutes. Trust me, 40 pounds is very overweight. I just lost 15 lbs, and I still have 20 more to go, and yes it is being overweight and I HAVE TO DO SOMETING ABOUT IT and so do you.

I just sympathise with you, because I too have to lose weight.

PLEASE MOVE AND MOVE OFTEN AND REGULARLY AND YOU WILL SEE AND FEEL THE RESULTS BECAUSE I DO.........BUT I NEED MORE OF THESE RESULTS.

SINCERELY.

Old 12-30-2005, 07:34 PM   #3
    F.R.O.S.T
    Inactive
    (male)

F.R.O.S.T HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by boicrazy3188
    Okay, so I have just about tried everything. I'm not very overweight, about 40 pounds. I never Am hungry or FEEL hungry. I eat because I'm bored. Now, I know what you want to say-keep busy. But, I try to. I don't watch alot of tv at all, but when i'm bored, no matter where I am, I eat. So, I would like some help with this. If I had the money, I would have surgery, but that is not an option. What im asking is I would like some Ideas to make me feel LITTERALLY sickly full without having to eat two pounds of food. Whether it is a pill, or drink or anything, I just need help feeling full. If I can achieve this, then I won't eat because I'll feel too sick to put ANYTHING else into my mouth. (Seems like a weird thing to ask, but think about it, do you eat more after you've stuffed yourself!?!) LOL thanks
    To be brutally honest, it just seems like you are lazy and can't control yourself. So either learn to control yourself, put yourself in a position where you are unable to eat, or just exercise to burn off the excess calories.

Old 12-30-2005, 08:21 PM   #4
    llamamuffinmama

llamamuffinmama HB User

If you eat out of "boredom", it could possibly be a symptom of anxiety. I've been there, where I have a little nervous energy or restlessness and just end up at the fridge, nibbling. A few things that help me:

1.) Do other things to occupy your time. Go for a walk, shoot some hoops, work in a garden, write a letter to somebody, take a bubble bath, read a book- whatever you like. (But the more physically active, the better, if you can find something that you get excited about or enjoy that is physical).

2).Drink lots of water and a cup or two of hot tea each day. Warm liquid can sometimes help you feel full.

3). Eat foods with lots of fiber- veggies, fruits, potatoes, beans, whole grain bread... (same effect as # 2)

4) Keep a log (maybe for a week, just to start) of everything you eat. It will make you more conscious of what you consume, and make you less likely to go into what I call Blind-Eating Mode.

5). Do NOT crash diet by trying to compensate for having eaten too much one day by practically starving yourself the next (like eating 1200 calories or less type of thing). When you do that, you set yourself up to overeat again, and you can get a cycle going- not pretty.

6) When all else fails, you *can* allow yourself to eat a bit out of boredom IF you have things like whole fruits and vegetables on hand and eat *only* those between meals. Some carrots, a cucumber, or a bunch of grapes will keep your jaws busy for a long time without you getting in a boat load of calories in addition to your regular meal food.

Old 12-30-2005, 10:14 PM   #5
    boicrazy3188
    Veteran
    (female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

Thank you everyone. Yes I agress I am very overweight, but I don't look it. My friends tell me I don't look over 160 pounds, and I know they mean it and are not just trying to make me feel better, because I myself look the same as I did when I did weigh 160. I do admit I hate to exercise. If I had equiptment in front of a tv I would do it. I had a gym membership for a while, but when my mom stopped going, she canceled mine too. The anxiety thing is also really interesting, I really want to look into that. Im getting really desperate because I've been trying to lose weight since I was 11. Thats almost 7 years and nothing has worked. I get really depressed because im not happy, but no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get passed 180 pounds. Im afraid I may be like this for the rest of my life. GRRRRRRR

Old 12-31-2005, 07:00 AM   #6
    weathermom
    (female)

weathermom HB User

First there are exercises you can do without weights or a gym. Soup cans make nice small weights.
    Second, when you fell hungry (or bored), eat crunchy vegys (carrots, cucumbers, etc.) and drink a glass of water.
    Third, boredom is a state of mind. If you have nothing to do, clean something or read a book.

Old 12-31-2005, 07:18 AM   #7
    imogens
    (female)

imogens HB User

You know what I did to keep myself disilplined when it comes to food?

I fasted for a day or two. I know people are going to disagree with that method...

but for me, ever since I fasted, I learned how to control myself very well. Now I can make myself eat only 2-3 meals a day with no snacks. Before I was eating ALL THE TIME, and could not control myself.

Last edited by imogens; 12-31-2005 at 07:19 AM.

Old 12-31-2005, 12:21 PM   #8
    boicrazy3188
    Veteran
    (female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

Wow really? Thats really interesting. Today I feel totally in control. Im keeping myself away from the food and feel good about that. The soup cans are a good idea. Last night I went through my stuff and found two 3.3 pound weights. Maybe I could use though while watching tv?

Old 01-01-2006, 10:35 AM   #9
    EllipticalLover
    Inactive
    (female)

EllipticalLover HB User

i'm on a 1000 calorie diet and if i eat something like cake or something..or go over on my calories, i work off every calorie at the gym..well..i go to the gym daily, and work off more than just..but just get on the elliptical. i hate the treadmill cause i get tired, but i can stay on the elliptical for hours and feel fine and burn about 600 calories an hour. also, keep tigh count on your calories. i mean, stuff you wouldnt think of having high calories has a lot. like in 3 pizzahut calories, that's 900 calories. i buy sugar free snacks or the 100 cal. packs. suger free jello only has 10 calories and sf popsicle has only 15. so you can get the sweetness without all the calories. also, DO NOT buy junk food, because you will be tempted to eat it and proably wont be able to stop with a good portion. if you have some now, throw it away. i hope this help..start your diet right away. don't forget to treat yourself once in a while, just burn it off at the gym, because if you don't you will get burnt out real quick.

Old 01-01-2006, 08:00 PM   #10
    Daphnee

Daphnee HB User

Eat about two large apples, that should do it. Drink lots of water, or Gatorade, and put a lock and key on your refrigerator and cabinets, lol. I seriously did that one day and lost all the keys, boy was I ticked off, but it helped!

Old 01-01-2006, 08:07 PM   #11
    EllipticalLover
    Inactive
    (female)

EllipticalLover HB User

haha! that's a clever idea! did you find the keys? i just sont buy things i know i will be tempted to eat

Old 01-01-2006, 08:44 PM   #12
    deni1234
    (female)

deni1234 HB User

I don't know if you are 18 yet, but Xenadrine EFX is wonderful. Your story sounds alot like mine. I to am 40 IBS over weight , but everyone tells me I don't look it. Probably because I am 5'9 and my weight is distributed through out my body. Anyway I started Xenadrine EFX and it has helped me extremely with wanting to eat. I have to force myself to eat now. And it has boosted my energy so much that I have been wanting to go to the gym. I go every day except on the weekend. I have not weighed myself yet, but can see a difference. I recommend taking just 2 tablets a day insted of 4 until you get used to it. Although you may never have to take the full dose.
    I don't think this should be something you should do long term. Just to give yourself a good start. Definitely work out with it.

Old 01-03-2006, 12:24 PM   #13
    KIDINSANITY
    (female)

KIDINSANITY HB User

Stay active to keep your mind off being bored with a variety of things, and drink lots of water. Aside from keeping your body hydrated, it'll help you to feel full till a mealtime.
    Sue

Closed Thread