It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• xenical - how long...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-22-2006, 09:14 AM   #1
    squeakyy
    (female)

squeakyy HB User
    xenical - how long...

How long before this starts to work?
    I am on my second day and I feel more constipated than I feel like going. Is this normal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2006, 09:59 AM   #2
    WANT2BSLIM
    (female)

WANT2BSLIM HB User
    Re: xenical - how long...

It will only make you go if you are eating fatty foods so if you havent eaten anything with any fat in it then its quite normal. You will know about it when it starts to work trust me!

Old 01-22-2006, 01:21 PM   #3
    pipermac
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

pipermac HB User

Yup....As soon as you go and eat a High Fat Meal....you will know! The Effect doesn tcome right away...but by the next day you will definately know that it is working....and it may not be very pleasant. If you cant tell that it is working then it means you are eating well....if you know its working then you have eaten too much fat.

Old 01-25-2006, 08:16 AM   #4
    KrFr
    (female)

KrFr HB User

My DH started taking this on Sunday. So far, so good. The druggist told us that he did not have to take the pill if he was eating a fat free meal such as cereal and skim milk with a fruit for breakfast or a salad with fat free dressing for lunch. Our insurance does not cover this drug so anything that would help us stretch the pills without losing the benifits is really helpful. Are y'all doing this or are you taking a pill with every meal? We got no real instructions with this other than the insert that comes with the prescription which said to try to eat 30 % calories from fat. Is everyone doing the percentage for each food, each meal or each day? Thanks for any info y'all can offer. This is very important to me as both my DH and myself really need to lose some weight. I hope to drop some myself in trying to help him.

Old 01-25-2006, 08:38 AM   #5
    pipermac
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

pipermac HB User

My understanding is that for it to work best is not to skip taking any...even if it is a fat free meal...at least thats what my doctor instructed.

just remember...this pill only helps a little....withthis pill instead of losing 7lbs in a month you may lose 8lbs. it just helps a bit.

on another note it looks like it has been approved to be an over the counter drug....when this happens it will be available to everyone and the Price will probably come down.

Old 01-25-2006, 11:48 AM   #6
    KrFr
    (female)

KrFr HB User

My sister just told me it was approved! That is wonderful. Do you have any idea how long it will take to get on the market? I would love to take it myself and there is no way we could afford 2 scripts at $180 a month for each.

How much have you lost, Pipermac, if you don't mind my asking? And thanks for the info.

Old 01-25-2006, 02:34 PM   #7
    pipermac
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

pipermac HB User

I have lost 50lbs so far...But I havent been taking the Xenical...I tried it in the past...but I couldnt stick to a good diet at the time. This Time around I didnt think it was worth the cost.

Old 01-25-2006, 04:16 PM   #8
    KrFr
    (female)

KrFr HB User

Congratulations , Pipermac, on your successful losses! I would love to be 50 pounds lighter. Keep up the good work. Xenical is expensive but if it went to over the counter I might consider taking it myself. Thanks for the info.

Old 02-03-2006, 06:30 PM   #9
    squeakyy
    (female)

squeakyy HB User

Well, I'm not sure if I should be concerned about something... but first i'll tell you what happened when I decided to have steak and carrots........... OH MY!!! Within 1 1/2 hours I was in the bathroom... umm about 4 times within a 3 hour time frame (before bed) and I woke up going again! That taught me a lesson!!!!

Anyways, I heard about the orange in the stool...... but what about green??

And what low-fat foods can you eat on this pill? I eat mainly salads, yogurt, soup, and grilled chicken, mashed potato or baked potato with fake butter buds (fat in regular margarine and butter). And of course there are the lean cuisine tv dinners... but what else is there???

Old 02-03-2006, 06:54 PM   #10
    chevyman
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chevyman HB User

Well, I just made this..I think its ok?
    1.iceburg lettus chopped
    2 2.roma tomatoes chopped
    3.1white onions chopped
    41 cucumber chopped
    5.4 hard boil eggs chopped or cut up
    add beacon bits if you like or
    6. 4 strips of grilled tenderloin chicken..Mmmm!
    one boild egg peel and qurtered for decorations
    7. 1 tb spoon of fat free ranch dressing
    season to taste with mortons salt subistute.
    mix up the salad put in to your plate lay chicken strips on top
    enjoy with a good chilled red wine.

This makes dinner for four...haha
    sorry none left...HE HE HE...ANYWAY this is what I usally eat for dinner about three times a week, had it tonight...is that type of eatting ok for dieting? I count calories and I can't count the calories in all that?

Old 02-03-2006, 07:46 PM   #11
    squeakyy
    (female)

squeakyy HB User

I've done the grilled chicken salad (lettuce, grilled chicken, shredded carrots, sliced onion) with light balsamic vinagrette (sp) and its pretty good...
    Not sure about the eggs though.... isn't that too much fat intake for these pills??

Old 02-04-2006, 10:43 AM   #12
    chevyman
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chevyman HB User

WELL, I WAS THINKING IT WAS NOT TO MUCH FAT?
    no cheese or carrots added...the chicken and the eggs maybe? but I eat like this alot and I'm loseing weight....
    btw, I don't take them pills...just a multi vitiman once a day.

Old 02-04-2006, 08:28 PM   #13
    KrFr
    (female)

KrFr HB User

Any fruit or veggie should be okay. Just be careful preparing them and don't use oils or fat. Lean chicken and turkey (no skim) is okay also. You can buy fat free and low fat luncheon meat and cheeses and most bread is low fat. Skim milk and low fat milk products such as your yogurt are good as well. You can have 30% calories from fat supposedly without having any of the bad side effects. My DH has not none of the bad effects so far.

How much have you lost, Squeakyy?

Old 02-05-2006, 03:35 AM   #14
    Inactive
    (female)

k@t HB User

I was using xenical for a few weeks. I bought it over the counter for about 80 and it was 120 pills. I stopped taking it because it seems like I'm really sensitive to it. Right after a meal I have to go straight to the bathroom. The other night we went out for dinner and I almost didn't make it back home. Even after I stopped taking it I felt the effect for several days after. I'm sure it means I was eatting way to much fat in my diet and for it to work I need to eat less.

Old 02-05-2006, 07:58 AM   #15
    squeakyy
    (female)

squeakyy HB User

Sofar I have lost 10 pounds. I am setting small goals for myself so I don't get too discouraged.

I kinda get sick of the same "main" meal foods, such as grilled chicken... but I stick with it. What about white meat turkey burgers on a bun, no mayo, no cheese?? Or BLT with Light Mayo??

Closed Thread