It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

whats your reasons?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2006, 09:20 AM   #1
chevyman
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User
whats your reasons?

hi everyone!!!
I been thinking and most everyone that comes to these healthboards want to get help or share there stories, what I wanted to ask everyone is what made you want to lose weight?...obviously its your health, but what did you do one day you awake and said to yourself its time to do it? and you know in the back of your mind that that old yoyo will arise in a couple months but your going to try it anyway...maybe that 20-30 lbs you lose will be enough so what the heck.

OR

1. It's a new year and you need to start your new years resolution?
2.Your neihbor is on a diet, so you thought you would diet too?
3. You have a great personaility, but you know you need to lose weight?
4.Your just tired of being fat and most of your clothes don't fit anymore?
5.You decided that your over-all heath looms at you from being over weight?
6.You want to look and feel better for more selfesteen?
7 Your tired of all the skinny people having all the fun?
8.You love to eat but its getting old, when you look into the mirror you say to yourself OMG...I'm starting my diet Monday?
9.Everyone else is on a diet, I might as well try it?
10.I just got to get my mind right, I know I can do this,for my health for my family and most of all for myself.

What ever your reasons...I wish each and everyone of you the best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2006, 09:59 AM   #2
Holly4k9
(female)

Holly4k9 HB User
Re: whats your reasons?

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic.. but I will answer.

Your number 10 is it for me.

Old 01-27-2006, 10:37 AM   #3
auntjudyg
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

Health issues . . . not directly related to weight, but it was enough to shake me up.

Old 01-27-2006, 11:07 AM   #4
FoodAddictee
(female)

FoodAddictee HB User

I want to be slimmer. All i care about is that i don't want a pudge anymore. That's it. I don't care about my legs, or lovehandles...I just want that flat stomach!

Old 01-27-2006, 12:06 PM   #5
OutToLunch
Senior Veteran
(male)

OutToLunch HB User

1. I want to feel better about how I look.
2. I want to look more attractive to the opposite sex.
3. I want the self-esteem boost that comes with being in good shape.
4. I want to be healthier.
5. I want to feel comfortable in my clothes.
6. I want to look younger than I am.

Wanting to be healthier wasn't one of my original reasons. Like most people, I wanted to lose weight mainly to improve my appearance. But as I've gotten older, I've become more concerned with my health. Now when I look at food, I don't just think of how it'll affect my weight. I think of how it'll affect my overall health. The advantage of viewing food this way is that I lose weight without really trying because I end up eliminating the foods that made me overweight in the first place. I've also become more concerned with my future. When you look at the leading health problems people suffer from, you realize that many of them are the product of poor eating habits. I don't want to end up being one of those people suffering from some disease I could've prevented. It's way too expensive to get sick in this country. I also don't want to be a burden to my future children. They shouldn't have to spend their time and money taking care of me just because I ate too much junk food and didn't exercise enough.

One thing I've never done is worry if everyone else is trying to lose weight or not. This shouldn't be something you do because it's currently trendy or because all your friends are doing it.

Old 01-27-2006, 12:33 PM   #6
chevyman
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

No I'm not trying to be sarcastic? Sorry if you thought that?

kinda break the glitch of what foods to eat.."my diet is the only way to go" low fat this "low carbs this" calorie watchers" ect,,ect,,,I know everyone means well in sharing what works for them and what works for others may not work for another...theres just so many things a person can do to lose weight and what works for them is fine with me and what type of foods how to prepare the foods and how much to eat, thats all great.

just getting some interesting points and reasons.
I know I don't diet or try to lose weight just because everyone els might be nooooo...I'm doing this for my self my No.10 reason mostly.

I just fine it interesting to see how many reasons that are a lttle diffrent from the ones I mention or how many the same...I never expected long drawn out replys.
Btw when you do lose weight and exercise and take care of yourself.. Sure you automacticly look better apperance wise/and maybe feel better health wise...I can't say bout living longer?..unless your refering that obese people don't live as long? my grandmother live until she was 95 years old and was obese the last 30 years of her life.The odds are if your obese sure that puts you in questionable health....BUT THIS IS A WHOLE OTHER TYPE QUESTION THAN WHAT I WAS REFERING TO.
I don't think I want to lose weight for being vain.

Last edited by chevyman; 01-27-2006 at 12:40 PM.

Old 01-27-2006, 12:48 PM   #7
thorpe
Inactive
(male)

thorpe HB User

I have high cholesterol, so it's essential to my health

Old 01-27-2006, 12:50 PM   #8
HBOGirl
(female)

HBOGirl HB User

Health was my reason for changing my life. I was told that I was a borderline diabetic and the fear of it becoming full-fledged and having to give myself shots scared me into taking the weight off.

Old 01-27-2006, 02:08 PM   #9
Holly4k9
(female)

Holly4k9 HB User

I guess I thought you were being sarcastic because of some of the options you gave??

Old 01-27-2006, 02:20 PM   #10
s1mc7
(female)

s1mc7 HB User

i wanted my body to look H-O-T hahaha

Old 01-27-2006, 02:44 PM   #11
mjewell
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User

After being fairly thin for the last few years due to bad anxiety (not bein able to eat, dropping weight, etc) I have finally started putting weight back on...oops, too much though. Last week at work I was sitting in my jeans I've had for 5 years and they were so tight and uncomfortable cutting into my stomach that I was having trouble breathing. That's when I knew it was time to get serious...so far so good.

Old 01-27-2006, 04:00 PM   #12
chevyman
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjewell
After being fairly thin for the last few years due to bad anxiety (not bein able to eat, dropping weight, etc) I have finally started putting weight back on...oops, too much though. Last week at work I was sitting in my jeans I've had for 5 years and they were so tight and uncomfortable cutting into my stomach that I was having trouble breathing. That's when I knew it was time to get serious...so far so good.
hi, I hear that mjewell...

Old 01-27-2006, 10:44 PM   #13
lilsprout
(female)

lilsprout HB User

Hello everyone - I'm new to this particular section of the board -

My reason to loose my unwanted weight is to be able to be able to fit on my DH's motorbike {a kawaskai ZX12R or a bloody fast green rocket} I want us to go riding and have wild outdoor sex like we were able to 24 months ago

~ Good Luck ~

Last edited by lilsprout; 01-27-2006 at 10:45 PM.

Old 01-27-2006, 11:09 PM   #14
chevyman
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

oh yeah lilsprout, great reason...lol
and welcome to the weight loss sec.

Old 01-28-2006, 07:28 AM   #15
Daniela5
(female)

Daniela5 HB User

I want to get into shape. Summer is coming and we have a pool. You got to look good. lol.

Closed Thread