It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• What do you drink with your meals?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-08-2006, 08:34 AM   #1
    LittleJanet
    (female)

LittleJanet HB User
    What do you drink with your meals?

One of my biggest problems with dieting is knowing what to drink with my meals. I've always got to drink something, and sometimes water is fine, but often I need something stronger to "cleanse my palate" between bites. I know I'm a little weird in this regard, or at least that's what my friends tell me.

I've taken to eating apples instead of drinking juice, but a) you can only eat so many apples without getting sick of them and b) if you eat three or four apples a day, that adds up to 300-400 calories.

I'm just looking for some more options. A friend of mine drinks diet pepsi all the time, but I never could stand the taste of diet soda. What do *you* drink?

~ Janet

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2006, 08:39 AM   #2
    pipermac
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

pipermac HB User
    Re: What do you drink with your meals?

Crystal Lite, Sugar Free Kool Aid, Flavoured Water.

Old 02-08-2006, 09:59 AM   #3
    surrealmeal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

surrealmeal HB User

Mix one part club soda to one part cranberry juice and add a squeeze of lemon. A delicious, refreshing and low-calorie beverage.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:15 AM   #4
    chevyman
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chevyman HB User

I usally drink good clear ice water, if I'm out dinning and there water has that cloudy ice in it, I ask for a diet coke but don't finish it,, some of the stuff like crystal lite, flavored water ect,,ect can be expensive.

I buy the sugar free sodium free calorie free Naturally Favored Drink Mixes From Wal-mart Great Value Packages, the boxes have 10 packs each and so far they come in Lemonade & Raspberry, just mix and drink add ice if you like...and you can frezz them and make popcycles... also you can drink them hot like tea or coffee, they are reasonably price like one dollar a box/give or take a few cents,
    there convient too if your out walking/jogging you can just add a pack to your plastic jug of water shake and drink.
    there pretty hard to find in wal-mart because there in small boxes...maybe by the kool-aid mixed drink packages
    "Note" this is not a nutrition drink.
    Now you can just kinda figure out for yourself by going to the grocery store and looking at the many many different drinks read the labels
    there's orange juice, grape juice, cranberry juice, apple juice prune juice...prune juice yuck scratch that...some will come in surgar-free.....but you kinda know what you like...I'm like you I have to have something to drink with my meals.

Last edited by chevyman; 02-08-2006 at 10:27 AM.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:08 AM   #5
    OutToLunch
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

OutToLunch HB User

Water or unsweetened green tea. That's it. No juices. That's just liquid calories.

Old 02-09-2006, 05:22 AM   #6
    Acemartini
    (female)

Acemartini HB User

Diet soda - root beer & the new cherry vanilla coke are my favs.
    Also diet Snapple ice tea. Sometimes just plan old water.

Old 02-09-2006, 07:16 AM   #7
    Holly4k9
    (female)

Holly4k9 HB User

Ditto on the liqued calories... I stick to water, tea, coffee and sometimes I will had a small amount of crystal light powder to a drink. I also add things like cucumbers, lemons, limes, or strawberries to my water to change the taste.

Old 02-24-2006, 02:57 PM   #8
    basstracker1970
    (female)

basstracker1970 HB User

Good Grief! The best drink ever! Diet Mtn Dew! You never see me without a diet mtn dew nearby lol!

Old 02-24-2006, 02:59 PM   #9
    StenoLady1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

OJ with breakfast, water with lunch and vino with dinner

Old 02-24-2006, 08:03 PM   #10
    lookinforanswer
    Inactive
    (female)

lookinforanswer HB User
    Lightbulb Re: What do you drink with your meals?

What I do is, I make my own koolaid with sweet & low.

I love cherry or grape koolaid, I make a pitcher of it and add the sweetner to my liking and then I put it in a water bottle and take it with me. I don't like the taste of plain water that much but I love koolaid.

Another thing too is, its a little more expensive is. True Lemon and sweet & low. Add this to your water and that is very refreshing. They are little packets in a box that you can find in your baking aisle at the grocery store. Some stores don't carry this product, you have to search and destroy.

I will do just about anything with water to make it taste better, I have come up with some great stuff. I am still experimenting.............

Old 02-26-2006, 06:28 AM   #11
    Anjjou72
    (female)

Anjjou72 HB User

Amazingly, (so my husband says) I don't drink anything with my meals and I only drink after them. Ususally water or skim milk. I'm constantly telling him and my son that if you used your teeth and CHEWED your food, there wouldn't be a need to wash it down because that is essentially what they do. I also believe that drinking with your meals leads you to feel fuller than you would than if you just ate without drinking. Once that fullness wears off guess what, you're eating once again. Also, improperly chewed food that is being washed down with a drink is not a good thing for your digestive system. Just my opinion of course.

Old 02-26-2006, 06:49 AM   #12
    Lenin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

With Breakfast: Coffee w non-fat Half and Half and aspartame
    With Lunch: Nothing
    With Dinner: one can of Diet soda...usually Diet Coke or PepsiONE, occasionally Sunkist orange soda or A&W Root Beer (both in diet formulations.)

During the day, I drink coffee, Crystal Lite types, and water...occasional tea.

Old 02-26-2006, 07:46 AM   #13
    tertree
    (female)

tertree HB User

I love the flavored water so Im drinking it thruout the day then I allow myself one pepsi with dinner. for me to cut down to one pepsi a day is HUGE!! lol

Closed Thread