It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

Something's not working!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2006, 10:37 AM   #1
JennyG42
(female)

JennyG42 HB User
Something's not working!

Hi - I'm new to this board. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm 5'2" and weigh 140. I'd like to get down to at least 120 (ideally 115). I started working out quite a bit and alterted my diet at the beginning of January and am not noticing any changes. I had originally hoped for 5 lbs/month - I know that's a little unrealistic. Right now, I'd be happy with 1-2 lbs/month.

Here's what I'm doing:
M-F 30 minutes cardio (walking & jogging or an aerobics video) every morning. At lunch, I was doing both weights a more cardio, but now I'm trying weights M,W,F and cardio Tues, Thurs. So I'm getting at least 30 minutes of cardio each day then on Tues & Thurs, I'm getting 1 hour. On the weekends, I try to do a little of something - I have been bad about not getting too much done on the weekends.

As far as my diet goes, I've cut out all carbs - bread, rice, potatoes, sugar, etc. I drink about 2-3 liters of water each day. I've been trying to get around 1500 calories/day but most days I barely make 1000 even though I'm eating a lot and never hungry.

I went to see a personal trainer and she basically told me I'm doing all the right stuff. If I am, why am I not seeing any changes - not only with the scale, but how my clothes fit?

I'm at my wits end! If anyone has any advice, please let me know. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2006, 10:57 AM   #2
pipermac
Senior Veteran
(male)

pipermac HB User
Re: Something's not working!

How ofton have you been weighing yourself? your weight can fluctuate. Also you may have gained muscle and lost some fat. you also may have gained some water weight.
you are also not really much overweight...so you dont have a lot to lose...so it will come off much slower

You need to also make sure you are not Going below that 1000 calorie mark. You say you have cut out all carbs...including good ones? Fruits? Veggies? Whole Wheat?

you need to have some carb in your diet..low carb is one thing....but No Carb is very bad.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:02 AM   #3
auntjudyg
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

Maybe adding a little good fat to you regime.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:10 AM   #4
JennyG42
(female)

JennyG42 HB User

The trainer I went to put me on diet - it's kinda like South Beach. For 2 weeks, I'm to cut out all carbs (except low carb cereal and some kinda of weird milk). This is to detox my system. I'm on my 2nd week now. Before I did this my normal day was:

Breakfast - Healthy Heart oatmeal w/ blueberries
glass of natural orange juice

Snack - coffee or green tea & a banana w/ natural peanut butter

Lunch - Healthy choice soup or sandwich on 100% whole wheat bread with turkey & spinach (no mayo or mustard)

Snack - apple w/ peanut butter or a handful of soy nuts

Dinner - grilled chicken or baked fish with steamed veggies

If I wanted a snack in the evenings, I'd have some low fat popcorn or a sugar free fudgesicle

During the past 2 weeks, I'm eating many of the same things but no fruit, oatmeal or bread (which I plan to add back next week).

I'm steal eating veggies - just no potatoes, corn or carrots.

I'd like to only weigh myself once every month or so, but I get excited and generally weigh several times/week.

I had my body fat done and it's 30% so I definitely want to get that down.

I know muscle weighs more than fat, but I thought I'd notice some toning or something but I still have a lot of jiggle. Plus, this spare tire around my waist isn't budging!

I just want to make sure I'm doing all the right things instead of having a head full of questions and doubts.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:32 AM   #5
pipermac
Senior Veteran
(male)

pipermac HB User

Well...ITs sound like your doing a good job...you just may be one of those people that it takes longer with.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

Old 02-08-2006, 12:42 PM   #6
windycitygal

windycitygal HB User

Yes, it sounds like youre doing all the right things...it just takes time! Give it another month I d say then reevaluate. You should definitely notice some changes in your body--losing inches, ect, by then. Good luck!

Closed Thread