It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Which is better for you? Aspartame or Sucralose?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-09-2006, 09:46 PM   #1
    onedaisiegal
    (female)

onedaisiegal HB User
    Question Which is better for you? Aspartame or Sucralose?

I've heard both artificial sweeteners are toxic at some levels and can be harmful to humans...but I cant seem to give my diet drinks and flavored waters up while i'm trying to lose weight!

So I wondered which was less risky to eat/drink. Thanks!

Last edited by onedaisiegal; 02-09-2006 at 09:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2006, 04:16 AM   #2
    pipermac
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

pipermac HB User
    Re: Which is better for you? Aspartame or Sucralose?

Oh Boy.....Your opening a can of worms with that Question. Your gonna get the answer that neither are better...stay away from both. youll get that sucralose is slightly better. and you will get that they are both perfectly safe.

Personally I believe both are perfectly safe...unless you are one of a few people that have adverse reactions to aspartame, such as headaches.

As For Serious problems, ie. Cancer No matter what anyone tells you there has not been any evidence to show that either have any link to cancer in humans.

Old 02-10-2006, 05:41 AM   #3
    Lenin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

If you are trying to lose weight, use the one that tastes the best to you. I don't particularly care for the taste of sucralose so I use aspartame (though my fave is cyclamate but I havee to order it abroad and that's a BIG minus because it costs a fortune to ship.)

Both are safe and good diet aids. I think aspartame might be a tad safer because it's been around longer and has been used worldwide in trillions upon trillions of doses.

The internet horror stories are well paid for by the sugar industry which thinks no meal is complete without several tablespoons of sugar! They should include vials of insulin with their half sugar/half grain breakast cereals!
    The cancer scares are all made-up twaddle.

Virtually every major health organization world-wide has signed off on the safety of aspartame.

Last edited by Lenin; 02-10-2006 at 05:45 AM.

Old 02-10-2006, 01:06 PM   #4
    onedaisiegal
    (female)

onedaisiegal HB User

Thanks. Gives me some relief. I cant stand dieting without artificial sweeteners! I'd never make it.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:50 PM   #5
    ivrytowr4
    (female)

ivrytowr4 HB User
    Cool Re: Which is better for you? Aspartame or Sucralose?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daisies_382
    I've heard both artificial sweeteners are toxic at some levels and can be harmful to humans...but I cant seem to give my diet drinks and flavored waters up while i'm trying to lose weight!

So I wondered which was less risky to eat/drink. Thanks!
    Aspartame is especially bad..it is a neurotoxin. The first test results were squelched because the food industry already had it in everything it could! Monsanto paid FDA to approve it. The test results I saw, which never showed up again, said it causes kidney damage and brain tumors. My daughter drank Crystal Light one summer and started having blood in her urine. I made the babysitter stop giving the stuff to her and it stopped. The safest sugar substitute is Stevia and the next best is Xylitol.

Old 02-11-2006, 11:00 AM   #6
    auntjudyg
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

auntjudyg HB User

I don't think one is better than the other. There are more internet stories about the reactions SOME people have to Asparatame, but it has been around longer. Soon I think we will start hearing the same things about Sucralose (I've heard some already, in fact).

On the other hand, some people swear by them. There are lots of additives and impurities in our foods. It is difficult to avoid all of them. IMHO, it would be better if we could. The idea is to do the best one can.

Closed Thread