It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

HELP!!!! The last 10 pounds!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2006, 09:38 AM   #1
susieq0726
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User
HELP!!!! The last 10 pounds!

I have been on a diet since January 1st. I am 5'5 and weighed 153 lbs when I started. I am down to 140 and want to lose another 10. I am 43 yrs old btw.
I am very dedicate with my diet/calorie intake and go to the gym at least 5 days a week, and combine my work outs with cardio and weight training. But these last 10 lbs are killing me!
Anyone have any ideas on how to budge the scale? I don't put alot into the scale as I really go by how my clothes fit, but I am a size 8 and want to be a size 6. Any help????? Please don't suggest diet pills,,,I don't believe in them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #2
chevyman
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User
Re: HELP!!!! The last 10 pounds!

the last 5-10 lbs is always the hardest,
maybe your just overly excited about it (thats great)....anyway nothing wrong with that....just keep on tugging at it.
maybe try drinking lots and lots of water along with your calorie watch and an extra 10 minutes at the gym?/ thats bout all I know you can do, you may just have some fluids built up... just keep tugging darling it will come off before you know it....hang in there.
Good Luck.

Old 02-10-2006, 10:18 AM   #3
pipermac
Senior Veteran
(male)

pipermac HB User

You've only been doing this since Jan 1st? Thats not very long! 13lbs in that time is Really really good. almost too much. how long have you been stuck at the last 10? it doesnt sound like youve been at it long enough to really say that you have plateued.
1-2lbs a week is great.

Old 02-10-2006, 12:55 PM   #4
Jonistyle2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jonistyle2 HB User

just stick it out a little longer, and i'm sure you'll continue to lose! otherwise, try switching up your exercise or diet a little (but DON'T drop your calories even lower. you're losing weight quickly enough and going any lower will trigger starvation responses in your body which will make it harder to lose and harder to return to maintenance after you do) good luck!

Old 02-10-2006, 01:22 PM   #5
pipermac
Senior Veteran
(male)

pipermac HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonistyle2
just stick it out a little longer, and i'm sure you'll continue to lose! otherwise, try switching up your exercise or diet a little (but DON'T drop your calories even lower. you're losing weight quickly enough and going any lower will trigger starvation responses in your body which will make it harder to lose and harder to return to maintenance after you do) good luck!
Starvation mode wont truly Slow down weight loss. You will still lose weight but much more of it will come from muscle.

Still a Bad thing. Dont let yourself go Below 1000 calories and make sure you eat enough carb to keep your energy up!

Old 02-13-2006, 06:12 AM   #6
susieq0726
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User

Thanks everybody for the responses.
I drink a gallon of water everyday,,,GAG! So the water thing isn't the issue. I am working out about an hour to an hour & a half almost everyday. I guess the last 10 is the hardest. I am going on a cruise the first week of March and didn't want to go FAT.
I have been at 140 now for about a week. Hopefully I can lose at least five more pounds before we leave for our trip. It's funny how having to shop for a bathing suit really motivates you!

Closed Thread