It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

Tips for dealing with office temptations?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2006, 10:07 AM   #1
JerseyGirl36

JerseyGirl36 HB User
Tips for dealing with office temptations?

A little background info...I've worked at a home office for 15 years. The past 5 months I've been onsite with one of my corporate clients. At home I was able to manage what I stocked in the cupboards. Here, I find I lack the willpower. Today, bagels, fruit and danishes.

I was a bad bad girl. I had both a danish and some fruit, then later half a bagel with a swipe of cream cheese. I don't know what gets into me. I think it's that my eyes are bigger than my stomach and the temptation of things I would never buy for myself.

Okay, smack me because I also started my day with a breakfast sandwich from a convenience store because somehow I burned my breakfast. If it makes any difference, I've been going since 4:30a.m., so I think that lack of willpower also comes from wanting to fuel through exhaustion.

Lotta calories, I know. Dumb. So, onto the treadmill to burn at least the danish off and salad and fruit only for dinner. If it's any consolation, I was a good girl for 2 days before this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2006, 10:25 AM   #2
chevyman
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User
Re: Tips for dealing with office temptations?

hi JerseyGirl,
I think you maybe some what depressed, stress out from your dieting that happens to all of us at some point, what your going through is a natural feeling and the guilt you have for cheating is only natural.
I suggest you take a good look at things , if your having a hard time loseing weight and thats one thing you want in your life, then you know what you have to do, yes it takes motivation and will power to do just that, I don't want to preach to you bout diets and weight lost, you know all bout how that.
but if you want to lose weight, explain to your clients, that you need a personal office for your own self, that the food thats on display is to tempting to you and it would be better for you if you was not around the food, bring your breakfast and dinner to work with you and snacks fruits ect,,ect,, get back on your dieting girl the one you told us about or the new on''GI'' REMEMBER YOUR NEVER A FAILURE IF YOU KEEP ON TRYING.

YOU AND I MAY HAVE OUR DIFFERENCES AND DIFFERENT OPINIONS BUT I DO WISH YOU WELL AND I WISH YOU WELL WITH YOUR HEALTH AND YOUR DIETING.

Old 02-15-2006, 10:38 AM   #3
betterkas
(female)

betterkas HB User

Well, I think JerseyGirl was just looking for tips on how to avoid the temptation; she's doing fine but now has a new hurdle that she's not used to. Her post didn't indicate to me that she's really off the wagon or anything.

Anyway, Jerseygirl, I have the same problem. It's easier when the food's in the kitchen, because I can avoid going in there. But when the food's near your desk or in a meeting, it's more difficult.

I always keep some relatively healthy alternative in my desk. Like yesterday, there were about 50 cupcakes around here. I ate a deep chocolate Vitalicious muffin, and no longer had any desire for the cupcakes. The other thing is that some people I work with know that I am watching what I eat, and so I don't want them to see me eat anything really bad for me!!

But I really think having alternatives in your desk will do you good. Whenever you are going to eat some of those bad office snacks, eat applesauce or a fat free pudding or carrots. Popping a really strong mint can help too.

Good luck! You'll get used to it. There's always bad food around here and I haven't had any of it in a month.

Old 02-15-2006, 11:37 AM   #4
JerseyGirl36

JerseyGirl36 HB User

It was the first time I'd gone off of any program in months.

No, not depressed in the least. And I do bring a bagged lunch every day with healthy snacks. I just chose to keep them in the bag today ; ). It's also not about guilt or motivation. It's about follow through. And I sucked at that today. I took one look at a colleague's plate and said, oh, there's x in the kitchen (around the corner from my office). So, I went in there with the best of intentions--to get fruit and instead got the danish and later the half bagel.

I suppose I didn't do that much damage and can just work it off. I just don't know how people stay on diets 100% of the time.

I was also thinking...I don't know how people eat so little. My diet caloric intake should be somewhere between 1800-2400 calories (depending on the truth of my metabolism)...remember, I'm a big woman, so my numbers will be higher. But when I eat 1800c to me...it's nothing. It's oatmeal for breakfast, salad and tuna, veggies and chicken, and yogurt and nuts and fruit to snack on. I don't know how people exist on 1200 calorie diets....

Old 02-15-2006, 11:55 AM   #5
JerseyGirl36

JerseyGirl36 HB User

BTW Chevy, I don't have any personal issue with you. I just think for some reason I rile you.

Old 02-15-2006, 01:55 PM   #6
chevyman
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

oh ok,
I guess it don't hurt anything if we slip everonce in while, I agree with you staying on a diet 100% of the time sux and it even sux more when your not loseing and you been good to yourself...thats the part I hate the most about dieting.
Anywayz Hang in there JerseyGirl....keep your chin up darling.

Closed Thread