It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Slim Fast- Yes or No

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-19-2006, 12:05 PM   #1
    BethyGirlie
    (female)

BethyGirlie HB User
    Slim Fast- Yes or No

I've been on slim fast for about 3 days now, and I've lost 7 pounds. The reason I got on it is that I get nauseated when I eat because I lack portion control. This is the only thing that has given me good portion control, and I don't even mind drinking a can for a meal (dosen't bother me). I add fruits and veggies alongside the shake. I do think that this could be a long-term thing for me. I know people gain weight back when they go off the shake, but I think I could do this for the rest of my life. Does anyone have any success stories with slim fast? Just wondering.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2006, 01:05 PM   #2
    chevyman
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chevyman HB User
    Re: Slim Fast- Yes or No

I think you will just have to experinment with it?
    I have a friend that drinks one for a fast breakfast and lunch..and goes home and starts to fix supper for her family then about 30 minutes before meal time she has another slimsfast drink, what she told me that does it curves her apptite, so she eats but she eats a lot less and yes she has lost over 40 lbs doing slim fast so yeah I think it works pretty well
    good luck to you.

Old 02-20-2006, 06:20 AM   #3
    americandancer
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

americandancer HB User

What and how much do you eat alongside the shake? I didn't know you could have anything with it. I am trying the optima shakes and they do seem to keep me fuller longer. I have just been having them for breakfast, but I want to do the whole plan now.

Old 02-21-2006, 03:11 PM   #4
    americandancer
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

americandancer HB User

Bethygirlie, are you still there? I wanted to know what you ate alongside you slimfast shake? Any advice would certainly help! Thanks in advance.

Old 02-22-2006, 08:56 PM   #5
    tornkay
    (female)

tornkay HB User

My mom did the slim fast thing and she did lose weight, but then she stopped doing it and gained everything back. The same thing happened for my aunt.

Old 02-24-2006, 09:57 AM   #6
    BethyGirlie
    (female)

BethyGirlie HB User

I am not 100% reliant on slim fast. Sometimes I replace a meal with Slim Fast, like if I'm on the go or something. Basically I did the following "adjustments" to my horrible ways of eating, so that I can lose weight. This is basically a new way of eating for the rest of my life.

1. Some meals are replaced with Slim Fast, especially if I am in a hurry or at work.

2. Instead of going out to McDonalds and getting a big mac and chicken nuggets, I get a side salad with fat free italian dressing and a yogurt parfait.

3. I started cooking with olive oil instead of canola oil

4. I "graze" all day long, so instead of munching on high calorie foods, I replaced them with fresh fruit, lifesavers, sugar free jell-o, sunchips, etc.

5. I tell myself every day that I am worth the weight loss because in the end I am going to be a MUCH healthier person.

6. If I get hungry at work, sometimes for a protein pick me up I have one slice of toast with peanut butter on it.

This has worked well for me. I am down a pants size, and my blood pressure is down as well. I feel better and I know that this way of eating can be maintained for the rest of my life.

Thanks for everyone's support.

*Bethy*

Old 02-24-2006, 10:41 AM   #7
    shucky ducky
    Veteran
    (male)

shucky ducky HB User

I've tried Slim Fast and have lost weight. But, I have to eat a serving of fruit along with the drink. If I don't, I'm starving an hour later. But, it does work but I didn't stick with it. As with anything, if you don't have discipline, it will not work out well for you.

Old 02-24-2006, 03:20 PM   #8
    KimC2005
    (female)

KimC2005 HB User

I did Slim Fast a few years ago and I lost quite a bit of weight. But, I also have to eat something along with the shake, because I feel very hungry later. I would like to try it again and it would be helpful to just grab a shake and go. I use to get the Slim Fast meal replacement bars too and the snack bars..

Old 02-24-2006, 06:34 PM   #9
    SleepToDream
    (female)

SleepToDream HB User

I drink Slim Fast every day but I just use as a meal replacement. I don't get hungry during the day so I drink one or two in place of meals. It's easy and I think tastes really good. The Optima ones do keep me fuller till dinner when I start to get hungry usually.
    It's kinda expensive but I tried the off brand it tasted like water!!

Old 02-28-2006, 01:31 PM   #10
    shucky ducky
    Veteran
    (male)

shucky ducky HB User

Their chocolate chip cookie and muffin bars are the bomb! But, I noticed they trigger binges. Once I have one, I end up eating 3 or 4. So, I decided to stay away from them.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:40 PM   #11
    dkd43537
    (female)

dkd43537 HB User

Are the shakes chalky and thick? Can you compare them to anything? I'm trying *********....and its pretty good if you blend fruit in with the shakes....but it is very expensive.....and there are countless pills to take with the shakes. I'm not a fan of all the pills....but I guess its worth a try.

Closed Thread