It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

Weight Loss: portion control

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-27-2006, 04:56 PM   #1
jaguarjody
(female)

jaguarjody HB User
Weight Loss: portion control

I have been working out for more than 20 years. I am healthy (and thank God for this each and every day) but would still like to lose about 10 pounds or so. My problem is with portion control. I love to eat.
I work out every day, including the weekends. I vary my routines.
Since December 1, I have been writing down my weight and routine every day. To date I have lost 12 lbs. on a good day and 8 lbs. on a bad day. I can gain 4 lbs. overnight. Is this because I have muscles? I don't know but it is frustrating.
Anyone out there have tips for portion control?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2006, 01:52 PM   #2
deinee
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User
Re: Weight Loss: portion control

This is an interesting question. Is portion control the key to weight loss? Does anyone have any ideas how to control your portions? Can you still eat the foods you love? Thanks

Old 04-02-2006, 02:49 PM   #3
rlmylove
Inactive
(female)

rlmylove HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarjody
I have been working out for more than 20 years. I am healthy (and thank God for this each and every day) but would still like to lose about 10 pounds or so. My problem is with portion control. I love to eat.
I work out every day, including the weekends. I vary my routines.
Since December 1, I have been writing down my weight and routine every day. To date I have lost 12 lbs. on a good day and 8 lbs. on a bad day. I can gain 4 lbs. overnight. Is this because I have muscles? I don't know but it is frustrating.
Anyone out there have tips for portion control?
Lol, i can loose 4 pounds in a day and gain it the next

Old 04-02-2006, 09:15 PM   #4
MaxOT26
Senior Veteran
(male)

MaxOT26 HB User

Like anything in life worth having, you have to work to get it. Portion control comes down to one thing, setting goals. If you have your daily calories and meals planned out then portions will automatically take care of themselves. It might seem like a lot of work, but if you want to achieve your weight loss goals, setting and planning eating goals are essential. Just remind yourself everytime you sit down to eat that you are trying to get somewhere. Plan your meals, eat on time, and eat excatly what you planned to fit your daily calorie goals.

Old 04-03-2006, 11:58 AM   #5
dolphin27
(female)

dolphin27 HB User

This might sound a little foolish but I am way overweigt and just starting with the diet/exercise thing and portions is my biggest problem. What I did to help with my portions was I went to the local superstore and bought plates that had dividers in it. Not the "paper plate" kind. These remind me of being in elementary and you have the big section for your meat, one small section for a veggie, 2 small sections for fruits and then one other section, they put your milk there in school. I like to use mine similar to the way they did in school. The sections aren't that big, for example the biggest one is the size of a deck of card, which is what they say should be the size of a portion of your meat. Then there are 3 other sections all the same size, I use for my fruits and veggies, as I love fruits and veggies so I get a nice variety of 3 different ones, and then there is a much smaller section at the middle top, I usually put a little sweet in there. Maybe a cookie, pudding or a small piece of candy because what good is trying to diet if you cut out all sweets. Like I said might sound a little off the wall but it works for me.

Old 04-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #6
deinee
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User

Thanks for the idea, I think that sounds like a great way to control what I'm putting on my plate! I should take the plate with me to restaurants, that's where I have so much trouble.

Closed Thread