It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

HOw to handle the huger and Clomid and weight gain

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-27-2006, 07:22 PM   #1
nomangia
(female)

nomangia HB User
HOw to handle the huger and Clomid and weight gain

I'm not sure how to pose the question but I'll give it my best shot. I was an underweight child and a normal weight adult until about 35 (maybe just a few pounds over but it didn't show). I had seven miscarriages in eight years. For the miscarriages I was put on the usual round of infertility drugs--I was on the drugs (clomid, etc) for about 2 years. During that time I started to gain weight steadily. NOw at age 47 I am about 60 pounds overweight. Here are my two questions:

1. Is it true that clomid causes permanent hormonal changes causing permanent weight gain? I heard of such a report on the news.

2. I've tried diet after diet, only to give up after one day, two days, two weeks. I can't stand the hunger. And I mean HUNGER! I get so ravenously hungry. I've tried all there is to do including drinking lots of water and eating several small meals a day. When one diets, is one supposed to be hungry all the time? Frankly, I can't do it, I can't stand being hungry.

Also, it appears that no one ever really addresses the emotional component of being overweight and what to do about it. The success stories just skim the surface and say, I used to eat this, this, and this and now I eat this. That doesn't help me. I want to know how they handled the terrible hunger!

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2006, 01:15 AM   #2
winnier
(female)

winnier HB User
Re: HOw to handle the huger and Clomid and weight gain

I am not sure about the effects of Clomid but I can definitely tell you that being on a diet does NOT mean being hungry all the time! If you are on a reasonable diet with a reasonable daily calorie intake, you should be feeling satisfied most of the time and I think this is the case with most dieters. Sure, you tend to have cravings and urges to splurge but it is not the raging hunger that you describe. Maybe it is the Clomid that causes your feelings of hunger? Or maybe you are cutting down too many calories? What is your daily calorie intake? A reasonable amount would be around 1500, at which you can have some pretty decent, filling meals.

Closed Thread