It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Ranch dressing and other ?'s

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-03-2006, 11:32 AM   #1
    Lisa101010
    Inactive
    (female)

Lisa101010 HB User
    Ranch dressing and other ?'s

Hi,

I'm 5'6" 170 lbs looking to lose 15-20 lbs by June. I think I drop weight pretty quickly or faster than most people. Usually I use some sort of diet pill for energy (I loved ephedrine). Last year I went down a jeans size by simply running about 10 minutes every day and cutting down on calories and only eating when I'm hungry.

So right now I'm doing about 20 minutes of cardio 5 times a week plus lifting weights because I started getting some ugly arm fat. I'm also controlling calories and watching carbs, but I do eat whole grain bread and some pasta or rice. I just try to control portions. I do sometimes eat a lean cuisine meal that has a lot of carbs in it. But no more bagels or subs or rolls unless it is whole grain.

OK so a couple of questions:

I really like salads and I can eat them without a lot of a dressing, but I only like French or Ranch. I use a fat free french with only 50 calories per serving, which I think is fine. However, when choosing ranch, I'm not sure what to do -- what is best, low cal ranch, fat free ranch, or regular ranch because regular has the least amount of carbs?

And for bread, I buy the Sara Lee whole grain white bread -- is this OK? Is whole grain white bread just as healthy as regular whole grain bread?

Do you think at this rate I can drop 20 lbs by June? I know you're supposed to snack when you diet, but I like to let my stomach growl for awhile before I eat... doesn't this mean my stomach is shrinking, so if I keep letting it growl I'll eventually eat less because I'll have less room?

Thanks! any other tips would be helpful as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2006, 09:34 AM   #2
    shelliam
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

shelliam HB User
    Re: Ranch dressing and other ?'s

I don't have a dressing favorite but really like the Aunt millies light potato bread. It has 70 calories for 2 slices and is big and tasty. You may be able to reach your goal of 20 lbs but I would reach for 10-15 lbs in 8 weeks.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:36 PM   #3
    fortune_blue
    (female)

fortune_blue HB User
    Re: Ranch dressing and other ?'s

In my research in the seemingly never ending weightloss drama, regular ranch dressing in a moderate amounts is healthier than the fat free stuff. The regualr may have carbs, but the are considered 'good' carbs. The fat free kinds can mess up what you have going, meaning sometimes it can confuse your body and you won't burn as much fat and calories. I know it sounds odd, but it works.

Closed Thread