It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Hello everyone...Xenical or Meridia

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-09-2006, 05:45 PM   #1
    Chloe.Roma
    (female)

Chloe.Roma HB User
    Hello everyone...Xenical or Meridia

Hello, This is my first post. I am 5'9 inches tall and weigh 195 pounds. I need to lose weight and I was thinking of using Xenical or Meridia. Out of the 2, which one do you guys recommend. Thank You!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2006, 07:55 PM   #2
    shelliam
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

shelliam HB User
    Re: Hello everyone...Xenical or Meridia

My sister used them together and was very sucessful in her weight loss. The meridia has a lot of side effects and is very costly.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:22 AM   #3
    Chloe.Roma
    (female)

Chloe.Roma HB User

Thanks, What are the side-effects?? I wonder which one makes you lose weight the fastest??

Old 04-10-2006, 03:25 PM   #4
    alana0601
    (female)

alana0601 HB User

hey guys, i wanted to tell you i am on meridia right now and it works wonders. ive been on it since september 05 weighing 208. its now april06 and im 155. the first few months i wasnt doing much exercising - maybe a walk around the block after dinner. i was losing 10lbs a month since i had been on it and started to realize if i lose a bunch of weight without exercising, my skin will just hang. so around december after i had already lost about 20-25 pounds, i hit the gym here at school. ive been going ever since about 5 to 7 days a week.

my results have been amazing. i feel wonderful. my mood is the best its been in years.

and to my surprise even tho i thought meridia would be $150 a month, weve been getting it for about $70 a month. i dont know if thats because i signe dup on their website to get it cheaper or what (the website says only your first couple months are cheaper) but all along since september its been the same price.

im extremely pleased with my results and would reccomend this to people who need extra help in the weight loss area. i just coudlnt do iton my own. now my stomache has shrank in size so i cant even eat like i used to. ive learned to stop eating when im comfortable and to only eat when im hungry.

also, side effects, ive had none what so ever. the only thing that scared me was in the beginning i never ate except for dinner. i just wasnt hungry. i didnt even want to think about food until i was starving around dinner time. that changed after 2 months tho.

Old 04-10-2006, 04:29 PM   #5
    Chloe.Roma
    (female)

Chloe.Roma HB User

Thanks for that Alana.

Last edited by Chloe.Roma; 04-14-2006 at 02:20 PM.

Old 04-17-2006, 03:10 AM   #6
    weeweejujubee
    (female)

weeweejujubee HB User

I've been taking Meridia for 2 weeks. I've had no side effects, except the first week I had a headache, but I don't know if it was the Meridia or just stress at work or maybe sugar withdrawl. Now I'm feeling really good. I have not weighed myself at all, I'm waiting to do that at the doctors office today or tomorrow, I'll let you know of my success. I have to have my Blood Pressure checked every two weeks and weigh in at Doc's office to monitor but I have no rapid heart beating and don't think my BP has gone up. Hope not, I'll let you know that after I find out today. Because it's so expensive I am hoping to be able to stretch out my months supply. Maybe taking everyother day instead of every day.

Old 04-17-2006, 07:03 AM   #7
    Chloe.Roma
    (female)

Chloe.Roma HB User

Oh Good Weeweejujubee, I hope your doctors visit goes really well.
    I am going to the doctors this Wednesday to get on Meridia or Xenical or even Phentermine. When I called to make the Appointment the receptionist said most of his patients were on Phentermine. I think I want Meridia or Merida with Xenical. If I can just stop thinking about food or stop being hungry that would really help me, and from what people on Merida seem to say is it does that. So I wish you much luck and can't wait to hear how was your visit.

Last edited by Chloe.Roma; 04-17-2006 at 07:06 AM.

Old 04-19-2006, 04:11 AM   #8
    weeweejujubee
    (female)

weeweejujubee HB User

Well I went to the Doctor yesterday and I've lost 12 pounds! That would be 12 pounds in two weeks. My blood pressure was 118/75 I had to ask if that was good or not because I don't know what the numbers mean. Nurse said it was very good! She took my pulse and that was good too. Then we did the scale... So it was pretty much in and out but I have to do that every two weeks on Meridia, my doctor said. Yesterday I skipped the Meridia pill and thought I'd try it on my own for the day, and wow could i tell the diffference. That little pill just takes away all the food urges, I'll be taking it today! I just hope I can find a cheaper way with this medication.. How are you doing?

Old 04-19-2006, 09:33 AM   #9
    Chloe.Roma
    (female)

Chloe.Roma HB User

Oh good good good! I am so happy for you.
    I am going to the doctors today at 2:30 central time to get on Meridia. It sounds like it is just what I need. I am always thinking about food or I am feeling hungry. It could all be just in my head but if Meridia helps with this that would be great. I am going to ask for 10 MG, is that what you are on??
    I had a ED before and I do not want to fall back into that trap. I would rather be fat then fall back into that again. I have been dieting for 3 weeks and have lost 13 pounds but I am always feeling hungry even though I have been eating (healthy). I will check back later today and tell you what they put me on.

Old 04-19-2006, 04:04 PM   #10
    Chloe.Roma
    (female)

Chloe.Roma HB User

I am back from the doctor and he gave me 15mg instead of 10mg. He said he has seen better results with the 15mg. I will be starting it in the morning. I am so excited about this (no more hunger pains) Yaaaa!!!!!
    I will keep you posted on how I am doing on Meridia.

Old 04-22-2006, 01:14 PM   #11
    FUNNEWFIE
    (female)

FUNNEWFIE HB User

Well I tried Xenical last year and i did not like it at all, i found if you passed gas your clothes were ruined because of the fat that came out it was oily and orange, nasty... make sure you wear a panty liner. I also tried phentermine it worked awesome first time round I has so much energy it was incrediable the only side effect was insomina, I lost 33 pounds in five weeks kept it off for about a year then a got careless. I tried it again and i had really bad anxiety attacks so I was scared to keep using it . So I am now trying Dospan it is something like phentermine but it is suppose to be better and I have been takin it for about 11 days and I think I have lost around 8 pounds. I got to the doctor on Wed for a check up but I have had no side affects so far which is awesome. If anyone out there has tried Dospan please let me know your experiences.

Old 04-22-2006, 01:44 PM   #12
    Chloe.Roma
    (female)

Chloe.Roma HB User

Hi, I have not tried or heard of Dospan. I just started Meridia 3 days ago. But I have some side effects from that I hope will go away soon. Side effects like I can not sleep, I feel a little high (my eyes are dilated) and I am constipated (sorry about that (constipated) but it is one of the side effects with Meridia and lucky me I got it). So I am hoping these side effects will pass soon. I still felt hungry the first day on it but since then the cravings or feeling so hungry has subsided which I like. I will call my doctor tomorrow and ask him what I should do or take regarding my bathroom issue.
    That is great you are doing so well on Dospan. Maybe that is something I should try if Meridia does not work out for me. Thanks.

Old 04-22-2006, 01:54 PM   #13
    FUNNEWFIE
    (female)

FUNNEWFIE HB User

Hi Chloe, How much did you say you weighed and how much do you want to lose. I am 178lbs 5"5 and 33 years old.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-22-2006 at 03:35 PM.

Old 04-22-2006, 03:20 PM   #14
    Chloe.Roma
    (female)

Chloe.Roma HB User

Hi Funnewfie, I am 40 years old and started my diet March 27. I am 5 '91/2 inches tall. I weighed at that time 205. I am now 188.5 and my goal is to be about 140. I also have started about 2 weeks ago walking on my treadmill a mile a day. I would love to build up to 2 miles.

One more thing to mention about Meridia and it is a good thing, I do not seem to be as irritaded at my husband as I usually am. He used to irritate me ALOT but since I have been on this he doesn't seem to get on my nerves like he used to.

Last edited by Chloe.Roma; 04-22-2006 at 03:49 PM.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:22 AM   #15
    FUNNEWFIE
    (female)

FUNNEWFIE HB User

Hey Chloe, well I went to the doc last week and I lost 9 pounds in 15 days on Dospan. He was quiet inpressed with the results so far, so I go to him in another 2 weeks to see if I will lose more. I know this weekend I totally did not pay attention to the foods or drinks I consumed, even though it helps supress your appetite if your eating the wrong foods your not going to lose weight. Well gotta go.

Closed Thread