It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Chromium Picolinate

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-05-2006, 03:30 PM   #1
    BethyGirlie
    (female)

BethyGirlie HB User
    Chromium Picolinate

Has anyone had any success with Chromium Picolinate? I am on a weight loss plateau and I can't seem to budge. Let me know if anyone has had any success with it. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2006, 07:16 PM   #2
    boicrazy3188
    Veteran
    (female)

boicrazy3188 HB User
    Re: Chromium Picolinate

Researching it myself, from the websites I've seen, no one supports this theory of weight loss. This is just mostly a supplement that we get from eating certain foods. I also read that I can lead to cancer, seeing as it tends to kills off chromosomes, which alters your genes. This is just from a few websites I looked on, nothing set in stone.

Old 05-06-2006, 06:06 AM   #3
    Lenin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Bethy,

Chromium supplemnts are yet another health food store gimmick designed to part you from your money. Useless, and less than safe.

Last edited by Lenin; 05-06-2006 at 06:06 AM.

Old 05-06-2006, 09:22 AM   #4
    6foot3
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

6foot3 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by boicrazy3188
    seeing as it tends to kills off chromosomes, which alters your genes. This is just from a few websites I looked on, nothing set in stone.
    Hmmmmmmmmm......anyway Chromium can help the Cell Receptors become more sensative to insulin to stablize blood sugars but its not a panacea as far as losing weight goes........

Old 05-13-2006, 08:54 AM   #5
    dreamer89
    Inactive
    (female)

dreamer89 HB User

I take chromium niclotate, hope I spelled that word right, which basically is a metal chelated with amino acid for proper utilization. Dont totally disregard it, I started on this chromium, which is from nature sunshine, and It has helped immensly, I lost a little weight since taking it without effort, I wasn't taking it for that however.

I have insulin resistant, and gtf (glucose tolerance factor) needs chromium, to attach to the receptors on cells and allow insulin to work better. I find I have more energy, I don't wake up in the middle of the night starving when i was even tho I was eating all day before hand, and I find I don't have to eat as often i go longer between meals before I get hungry, and of course I have more energy, which I didn't expect, I also am taking iron since I was anemic, and I don't get the sugar surges like I used to where you eat, get really sleepy an hour or two later and get really sluggish because of sugar rises and falls.

But remember, I am not dieting or trying to lose weight, of course I would love too but I am tired of all the experts out there touting the same things in different packages when these same know their advice is crap. The failure rate of their advice has shown their "cure" to be bogus. You have to get your setpoint down to lose weight healthily, safly, and permanantly, and no one has really tried to find out how to do that. Exercise only does so modestly which translates from studies done to 6 pounds. of course the fat loss maybe more considering that exercise builds muscle mass in those who are not resticting their food intake, so it might be 10 pounds of fat loss total. Not very much for someone who is obese.

I do not believe any substance cause cancers directly, except in large amounts, and even beneifcial substances like vitamins can cause health problems when you take too much, what causes cancer is weakened immune response. Dna gets damaged in cells all the time, from stress, just plain living in a polluted enviroment, and imperfect replication, so all of us has cancer cells, the difference is with a strong immune response the body gets rid of said cells.

When your immune system is compromised these cells are allowed to travel and replicate freely leading to cancer if the compromised immune system is weakened for to long a period of time. Since you said you have dieted your weight off, (basically dieting defined here is creating a caloire deficit by eating less) I would recommend against taking such a substance only because dieting weakens your immune response.

if you do not have insulin problems or resistance then chromium supplementation probably won't help. especially for a body in famine mode. It only helps if your body is inefficient at getting it out of the foods you eat, but of course if you are not eating enough caloires to get sufficient amounts you might be deficient, but your plataue has nothing to do with a chromium deficient. It has to do with your famine weight loss. Your body is trying to compensate for that, by slowing metabolism, by reducing fat usage, which means more protein sources are used for fuel, and other horrible things starvation does to a body.

RR

Closed Thread