It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Lipodrene anyone?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-27-2006, 07:38 AM   #76
    mscaptain
    (female)

mscaptain HB User
    Re: Lipodrene anyone?

I bought my bottle of Lipodrene at a nutrition store, when I asked about ephedra being banned, the guy there told me it had been banned years ago, but the ban had recently been lifted. He said people can SELL ephedra products, but they cannot be made. So they are allowed to sell what had already been produced. Now, I haven't read anything on this, so he could be telling me some tall tale...but it sounded to me like it kinda makes sense.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2006, 07:58 AM   #77
    sw3006
    (female)

sw3006 HB User

Well after reading everyones' experiences, and some more on the net, I just ordered my first bottle of Lipodrene SR Ephedra Free. I'm 31 and 295 - kinda scared to tinker with Ephedra. Plus I saw some awesome reviews on the Ephedra-free version....but as with anything - everyone will have different reactions..so I'm not going to get my hopes up too high. Best price I found - Ebay ($19.95), can't hurt to try it. I've paid more for diet bars and shakes in one weekend.

Not to mention I have the motivation of a stray hair - here's to hoping for a boost of energy

I will surely keep everyone posted - as I hope you will keep posting your results!

WISH ME LUCK!

Old 06-27-2006, 08:20 AM   #78
    scorpiomom
    (female)

scorpiomom HB User

SW--

Please let me know how it goes with the Lipodrene SR. I too am concerned about using ephedra, so I haven't ordered either yet. Let me know your progress and how you like it. Maybe I'll get some too. Good luck and keep us posted on your experience with it! Thanks

Scorpiomom

Old 06-27-2006, 09:50 AM   #79
    soe890
    (female)

soe890 HB User

mscaptain, I'm fairly sure they're making new products. The ones made before the ban expire pretty soon if not already. I know that most of the products they sold before the ban (hydroxycut, trimspa, *********, stacker) aren't being made now with ephedra. There are new products being made with ephedra. To my knowledge, lipodrene is the only product being sold now that was sold before the ban, and the only reason this company (Hi-Tech Pharm) is still making lipodrene is because they are the company that challenged the ban in the first place. I know that a lot of the names of pills you can buy now are close to the original product but not quite (herbalean, stacker 3, etc) I have only seen one reference on another board where someone was selling pre-ban ephedra pills and they were very expensive. But they expired next month, so it wasn't really worth it in my opinion. Every bottle of lipodrene I've bought expires in 2009, so I've stocked up on a couple of bottles in case they do decide to ban ephedra again. I do know that many health stores (GNC that I know of, along with Wal-Mart) will not sell ephedra based pills due to liability. We have a local store here that sells them, but that's about it. You can find them all over the internet though.

On another note, to the couple of people who decided to try the ephedra free version of lipodrene, please do post your results! It's been my experience that non-ephedra pills don't do much, but I'd love to find one that did in case they do ban ephedra again! I sure hope they work for you.

Old 06-27-2006, 06:16 PM   #80
    330exGirlOrl
    (female)

330exGirlOrl HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Lipodrene anyone?

My experience so far...

I received my order of Lipodrene Friday. I took 1 pill as soon as opened it, which just so happend to be about an hour past lunch. I did feel a little jittery about an hour later, but it was nothing that I couldnt ignore. I also took another pill Saturday after lunch, didnt take anything Sunday. Yesterday, I didnt eat lunch, but did take one pill after breakfast... the jittery feeling was almost totally unnoticeable. Today I took 2 pills as directed. I took the pill about 45 minutes before leaving for the gym (an hour after eating lunch) and I actually had enough engery/will power after work to go to the gym.... and work out harder then I have in months. One thing I really noticed is that my stamina seemed higher... and I was sweating almost double as much as I normally do... not complaining one bit, hehe. I was trying to weigh myself once a week (every Monday)... but just had to check out the scale this afternoon. Yesterday I was 145.5.... five minutes ago I was 143.5. Granted this is most likely from sweating or something, but at the same time I've eaten a little more then usual today and I happen to be premenstraul ... I'm not getting my hopes up seeing that it is WAY too soon... but 2 pounds is 2 pounds... and I'm excited either way, lol. I will continue to most my experience and progress here... at least every Monday, if not more. I will most likely not use Lipodrene on the weekends, or maybe just take one pill a day on Saturday and Sunday. Just the extra boost at the gym has made this pill worth the $30, lol.

Old 06-28-2006, 01:16 PM   #81
    scorpiomom
    (female)

scorpiomom HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 330exGirlOrl
    My experience so far...

I received my order of Lipodrene Friday

Was it the ephedra free or the regular lipodrene?
    Thanks--Scorpiomom

Old 06-29-2006, 04:30 AM   #82
    330exGirlOrl
    (female)

330exGirlOrl HB User

It is the Lipodrene with Ephedra

Old 06-30-2006, 07:39 AM   #83
    sw3006
    (female)

sw3006 HB User

Started Lipdrene SR this morning

Will be going out of town tomorrow and won't be back until Thursday. While I will be chiming in and posting any energy/other effects, I won't be able to weigh again until I return.

Oh yeah - sorta big pill, octogan shaped - kinda hard on the throat. And the aftertaste - BLEHH!! Had to pop in a mint!

Will keep you posted!!!!!!

Last edited by sw3006; 06-30-2006 at 07:41 AM.

Old 06-30-2006, 07:54 AM   #84
    330exGirlOrl
    (female)

330exGirlOrl HB User

I agree about the pill size, they are kind of big, lol. I usually can swallow them ok, but have had trouble once or twice, lol

Old 07-07-2006, 05:21 AM   #85
    330exGirlOrl
    (female)

330exGirlOrl HB User

I havent posted much... keep forgeting to take the darn things, lol. I'm not used to taking pills so I always tend to forget to take them in the afternoons, lol. I swear I'll get into the habit Then hopefully I'll be able to post more progress

Old 07-07-2006, 06:10 AM   #86
    soe890
    (female)

soe890 HB User

I have lost 2.5 pounds this week (as of today) and I went off the pills yesterday to cycle a little longer throughout the weekend. I find that when the weight loss slows to 2ish pounds a week, if I cycle for about 4 days, the results the following week are crazy! I'm about 6 pounds from my original goal and am thinking of backing it up about 7 more pounds after that.

Anyone else have anything to report? Oh, I did find that if I space the pills slightly further apart during the day, they seem to work better? Not sure if anyone else does this. I take one at 8 am and one at 2 pm and find that it just keeps working a bit better. Anyone else have any tips?

Old 07-07-2006, 07:30 AM   #87
    PBABY
    Veteran
    (female)

PBABY HB User

I've been having a problem taking 2 a day. I take 1 at around 7 and the other at around 1. When I get home (usually about 4:30), I am soooo exhausted, and it's not from my job. I'm gonna cut back to one a day starting on Monday. I'm not taking any today or this weekend.

Side note here-I think the price I paid for these was awesome! 100 tablets for $30!!! You just can't beat that!!!

Old 07-07-2006, 08:43 AM   #88
    finallyready
    (female)

finallyready HB User

Sounds like a great product. 2 Questions
    1. can you buy this in Canada?
    2. In Canda you can buy a bottle of Ephedra for like $8 would it be the same to just take that?

Old 07-07-2006, 09:50 AM   #89
    finallyready
    (female)

finallyready HB User

For me to order it and ship it to canada it would be about $50 Canadian and if for some reason it gets seized by customs they don't refund the money. So I know you can get Ephedra in Canada you can buy a bottle for 10.99 but the tablets are only 8mg and the Lipodrene is 25mg. So if you take the Lipodrene 2x a day that's 50mg...do you think I could just take 50mg of the stuff I buy here? It's pure ephedra from a health store.

Old 07-10-2006, 01:30 PM   #90
    finallyready
    (female)

finallyready HB User

can anyone answer

Closed Thread