It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• My exercise and eating tips

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-24-2006, 06:02 AM   #1
    Guitarded
    (male)

Guitarded HB User
    My exercise and eating tips

they might not be for everyone, but i'v been going by these for the past month and i've had incredible success with my weight loss program. first i guess i better introduce myself, i'm 18, male, 5"10', and i weigh about 180lbs. my main goal is to reduce the body fat percentage and tone up a bit. the following advice includes my workout program for the week, what foods i don't eat and which foods i do eat, and just some general advice to help you all on your way to becoming healthier. the following advice is taken from advice i've been given from numerous people and sites that have helped me with my weight loss.

Exercise Plan
    Goal - Cardio 4 Hours a Week, Muscle Training 2 Hours a Week, 1 Day of Rest

Monday
    Cardio 1 Hour
    Muscle Training - Biceps, Back and Abs

Tuesday
    Muscle Training - Legs, Squats, Extensions, Leg Curls, Calf Raises, Inner and Outer Thigh, Leg Presses

Wednesday
    Cardio 1 Hour
    Muscle Training - Abs, Chest Presses, Triceps, Shoulders

Thursday
    Cardio Basketball for 45 Minutes (or another low impact cardio workout)
    Muscle Training Biceps and Back

Friday
    Cardio 1 Hour
    Muscle Training - Abs

Saturday
    Cardio 1 Hour
    Muscle Training Chest Presses, Triceps, Shoulders

Sunday
    Rest

Eating Plan

What To Eat
    Sweet potatoes, mangoes, peanuts, almonds, avocados, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, asparagus, turkey, chicken, tuna, broccoli, spinach, eggs, tomatoes, oatmeal, brown rice, grapefruit - these are the best nutricious foods, and all taste pretty damn good too.

What Not To Eat
    soda, crackers, white bread, candy, cookies, cake, alcohol, anything fried, white rice, chips. (if you cant go without them, you can still eat them but in very small portions). - a good tip is to just throw out all of the bad food you have and restock with nutricious food. you could also buy a healthy recipe book.

General Advice
    1. If possible, do most, if not all of your muscle training (lifting weights and what not) in the morning - as you will burn calories during the day as your muscles repair themselves.
    2. Never eat 4 hours before going to bed, as you are not really burning many calories as you are inactive when you sleep.
    3. Try not to exercise the same muscle 2 days in a row (abs are an exception), give them time to fully repair themselves.
    4. Eat alot of fruits and vegetables, and remember to drink alot of water - this will help re-hydrate your muscles.
    5. Eat moderate portions - try not to get to the stage where you are "full", sometimes it can be better to have 6 spread out meals that are low portioned that 3 high portioned meals.
    6. Remeber - to see any change in your body, you will have to change the amount of exercise you do every 24 days, as your body will adapt to the exercise you do and you will not burn a thing. (so if you do 3 hours of cardio a week, after 24 days try and do 5 hours a week, or if you run 2 miles a day, try and run 3 or 4 miles a day)
    7. Don't "overdo" it. If you are just starting to work out, keep it small and simple. if you experience pain, wait a few days to heal then lower the amount of exercise you do until you feel comfortable - you should be exhausted but not to the point of injury. make gradual and realistic advances in the amount of exercise you do.
    8. Choose an exercise you are going to enjoy. It has to be an activity you are willing to do for 4 hours or more a week, and give you a good workout.
    9. If you eat 3000calories of food a day...it doesn't nessessarily mean you have to exercise to lose that entire 3000cal. Cardio and weight lifting can sometimes eliminate close to 800-1000 calories based on the activities you do (skipping and running/jogging are the highest burners). the rest of the calories will be burned through everything else...stress, thinking, walking, talking - everything.
    10. Find a partner to help you and motivate you to reach your goals...losing weight is not easy and it is best not to be alone and get depressed or side-tracked.
    11. Post motivational quotes around your home, or an outfit you use to fit into but can't anymore...even post your goal around the home - anything to keep you motivated.

well, thats pretty much it from me. that is all the advice i've been given and it has really helped me out, i hope it helps you out aswell. if you have anything to add please post it, i am always willing to listen to someone elses view on exercising and learn new things which may help me out. cyas!

The Following User Says Thank You to Guitarded For This Useful Post:
    jenngreenam (07-25-2012)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread