It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Loose Skin

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-13-2006, 12:24 PM   #1
    *Lai*
    (female)

*Lai* HB User
    Loose Skin

I just have a small question about this. If you are trying to lose about 30-50lbs would you end up with loose skin??

I really want to lose 30lbs by the end of the year and then an extra 20lbs next year (maybe even 50lbs by the end of the year if i can). But since reading posts about people having problems with loose skin i am starting to worry that i could end up with it also (and i want to prevent that now).

I'v lost weight in the past, it was a kwik loss of 22 lbs over 6 weeks (6 years ago) then further loss of 14-20lbs over the next 2 years and i never suffered with loose skin. I was then fine with my weight until i became unwell and had to take medicatin for my illness.

But now, because of medication, i put on about 50lbs in a short time and i have weight to lose off my arms, bottom and stomach. I can tone up the arms, but i'm worried about my stomach. I have one of them pooch things at the bottom of my stomach, and i hate it, its seems to have gotten bigger as the weight came on. I have got strech marks on my stomach too because this weight gain was so kwik.

I'm trying to watch my diet as much as possible, but i like to exercise alot and i hope that will help with the weight loss.

So what do you think?? What should i do to prevent loose skin?

I would appreciate any advice or suggestions, thank you.

xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Saw it, wanted it, threw a fit, Got It!!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2006, 02:48 PM   #2
    shucky ducky
    Veteran
    (male)

shucky ducky HB User
    Re: Loose Skin

A 30 lb loss may not result in loose skin. A 50 lb loss, yeah, you are definately going to have loose skin. As far as preventing the loose skin, the only thing you can do is to keep working out with cardio and strengh training. I also hear that protein helps to tighten the skin. But, there is no one specific exercise, cream or pill that will prevent your from having loose skin. And if there is, somebody out there please let me know!

Old 07-15-2006, 07:08 AM   #3
    Ken-Y
    (male)

Ken-Y HB User

Correct me if I am wrong anyone, but I believe that if you lose A LOT of weight over a short period of time then you are going to have loose skin because your body doesn't have a lot of time to stretch and grow into it. If you lose the weight little by little and not to much at one time then you might not have any loose skin because your body can adapt to the lost weight

Old 07-15-2006, 09:24 AM   #4
    sarabellaefc
    (female)

sarabellaefc HB User

Depending on age and genetics, you shouldn't have too many problems if you lose the weight slowly. Furthermore, the skin tightens as it adjusts to its new size, particularly with regular exercise.

Old 07-15-2006, 10:22 AM   #5
    *Lai*
    (female)

*Lai* HB User

Thanx for all the replies everyone. I was just really scared because i have never been overwight this much before and so i bacame worried when i red all the posts about loose skin.

I did want to lose my weight fast, but after trying and failing at stupid diets, i want to take it nice and slow and let my body adjust to it naturally. I just have to get over a few psychological problems i have abut eating and my weight and body image.

I also do alot of exercise anyway, so i'm hoping that'l keep my skin tight and firm.

Thank You

Saw it, wanted it, threw a fit, Got It!!

Old 07-16-2006, 01:14 AM   #6
    KaNGaMaLoo
    (female)

KaNGaMaLoo HB User

Really, loose skin is just more fat that needs to be lost.

If it was just loose skin it would be fairly thin (pinch the skin on the back of your hand to see what I mean) but the truth is that the vast VAST majority of people who claim to have lots of loose skin really just have more fat to lose and need to build some muscle back up.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving definitely isn't for you...

Old 07-16-2006, 12:42 PM   #7
    fatbegone2
    Inactive
    (female)

fatbegone2 HB User

This is going to sound retarded, but THANK YOU! I have been convinced by my GYN taht my tummy and excess skin/fat was all extra skin and was told I would need a tummy tuck due to it. When I did the test on my hand like you said, you are right, that skin is like paper and my tummy is a lot of pinching going on. You must motivated me for at least another month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 07-17-2006, 02:08 PM   #8
    MzK
    (female)

MzK HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by *Lai*
    I just have a small question about this. If you are trying to lose about 30-50lbs would you end up with loose skin??
    If most of that weight is muscle mass, then yes the skin will appear loose. The "loose skin" you see on people who lost a lot of weight on diets is actually fat without the muscle that used to support it.

Old 07-17-2006, 11:32 PM   #9
    kimmie1956
    (female)

kimmie1956 HB User

OK, correct me if im wrong.. But i have heard that if you use firming creams and masks for your face on your legs... it will tighten them.. It may seem farfetched but i have heard that...

Old 07-18-2006, 11:21 AM   #10
    sarabellaefc
    (female)

sarabellaefc HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kimmie1956
    OK, correct me if im wrong.. But i have heard that if you use firming creams and masks for your face on your legs... it will tighten them.. It may seem farfetched but i have heard that...
    They're all a scam.

Closed Thread