It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Phentermine and PCOS

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-27-2006, 04:20 PM   #1
    FreeSpirit68
    (female)

FreeSpirit68 HB User
    Phentermine and PCOS

I know plenty of people out here feel that getting prescription drugs is taking the easy way out, but I have fatty liver (which prevents my liver from flushing the toxins out of my bloodstream adequately) and PCOS, which is PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome. It causes abnormal hormonal problems, and therefor makes it extremely difficult to lose weight.

I have tried and tried to lose weight, including taking over the counter junk, and my weight stays the same. I had back surgery 5 years ago for a severely herniated disc, and my back has started bothering me again within the last year. My knees are also shot. I finally worked up the nerve to talk to my PCP, and he said he was kind of relieved that I finally came to him and asked about it, since he was concerned about my weight. He does clinic time in a weight-loss clinic, and said that with proper supervision and participation on my part, I could see significant weight loss, and as a result, I'll be healthier. My question, then, does anyone else that takes Phen have PCOS? If so, do you think the Phen is working for you? I'll be getting a script for it from my PCP once the MRI shows that my back is not herniated, in about two weeks, and I cannot wait to get started. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread