It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Soup Question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-10-2006, 12:48 PM   #1
    21_cnp
    (female)

21_cnp HB User
    Soup Question

How much weight could I lose if I eat low-fat soup three times a day for three weeks?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2006, 08:26 PM   #2
    chevyman
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chevyman HB User
    Re: Soup Question

I'm not for sure bout low-fat''soups?
    but I think eating them 3 times a day would be to many calories?
    I guess what you need to do is check the calories.
    sometimes there may not be enough or usally way to much..but if what you eat is like 310 calories per serving?? then yes you probably will lose weight, thats less than 1000 calories so see you need to be careful, you should at least have a 1000 calories per day.
    WHO ADVISE YOU TO DO THIS?

Old 10-11-2006, 06:17 PM   #3
    Proverbs3:5
    (female)

Proverbs3:5 HB User

Soup is an excellent diet choice. You can make your own homemade soup in so many healthy varieties. It's especially effective to add grains to the soup as it is very filling. I am thinking of making pumpkin-carrot soup after I finish my Chicken vegetable soup.
    Not really sure how much weight you will lose but I'm sure you will lose a noticable amount and it will be in a healthy, satisfying way.

Old 10-12-2006, 05:02 PM   #4
    DazedandConfused
    (female)

DazedandConfused HB User
    Exclamation Re: Soup Question

This soup diet thng had been around for ages and not healthy at all by no means..unless ur up to cooking 3 different varities, 3 times a day with healthy veggies and some source of protien..and i hope ur not talking about the campell soups..way too much sodium content..which will make u thirsty all day,.then the good ol' water retention will start to creep up on u..the diet that always works for me..and never ever failed me was... if it never came from the sea or from a tree(bush..wut have u ..veggies..fruits..etc..) i dont eat it...there is no need to compromise..the recipes that i make are so satisfying...and low fat low calorie..now i love seafood..many ppl dont..but this is wut works for me.i see so many ppl go on low calorie diets making them think they cant have a decent meal because they r on a "diet"...do ur research...the mind plays tricks on ppl...i can cook a low calorie low fat meal..and the plate would be full...but some ppl think...well i cant eat all of this cause im on a diet..so they go for meals like soup..yes its a healthy alternative in a healthy diet..but diets should not be a short term change..its all about a lifestyle change...certain foods make us feel happy..gives us comfort when we need it...lots of foods taste good..especially the bad kind..its human nature to want to feel good..even for that 15-20 minutes it takes to eat that certain meal..but u have to change ur way of thinking..look for different avenues to reach that bliss...be it a hug from that special sumone or the look your child gives you when she/he says they love u...its hard..the mind is a complex thing...the saying goes..."Eat to live, Not live to eat"..in theory thats the way it should go..but for most people its not that easy..and it takes work on ones part to make that change..you have to click in to your bodies wants..are u eating out of bordom?..stress?...but b4 ur ask those questions a person got to understand that ur body is unique..not everyone is the same...some people r meant to be small..and others big..there is more to play in this equation than what we eat..genetics..lifestyle..body and mental health..so to those who r having a hard time with loosing weight i want to say..dont give up..dont look at those airbrushed..photoshopped ..pics of women and men..its unrealistic..
    I find anything organic..and swims<--lol..seafood..are good sources..u get the good carbs and protien..and u can actually have that dessert calling ur name in the display pantry in the supermarket....and u have to move..move move move...even a 15 minutes walk around the block is beneficial...u dont have to beat urself out and burn a hole in ur pocket to get excercise at one of those fitness places..pilates is great!!..u dont beat urself out..and ur left wondering...did i just workout?...but u did!!...and u know the thing that does it for me to have that lil bliss..and to treat myself..i go shopping!!..not all out..but if there is a lil thing u always wanted..go get it!!,,u will be amazed wut a lil treat can make u feel like...and that goes for anything that makes u feel good..shopping is my thing ...so all im trying to get at is dieting should not be pain staking..but an educational journey..learning to read ur mind and body on its wants..to read signals..stressed out?<---dont reach for that bar of chocolate screaming ur name since u woke up this morning...what i would do is(and if u have kids,prob wait till they r in bed)..take ur fav magazine..hop in the tub..and relax..or get ur significant other to lighten ur spirits mmmmmmm..now thats yummy..hehehehehehe..just dont get too upset over it all..dont get mad at yourself..ur trying ur best,,ur not a superman/woman...it will come in time....
    So my advise is to skip that soup idea of urs and google some recipes..u'll be amazed what u can eat that is low calorie/low fat..and it dont taste like ur sharing ur plate with the dog!! .Just hang in there..and dont loose weight too quickly..ur body wil re-establish the loss when u go back to eating normally..and usually ur body will go on a rampage,and u will end up gaining more than u had b4..so its the 3 P's..Planning, Persistance, & Patience
    Good luck everyone!!

DazedandConfused

Last edited by DazedandConfused; 10-12-2006 at 05:07 PM.

Old 10-13-2006, 05:57 AM   #5
    StenoLady1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

You would probably lose a few pounds, but then you'd gain it right back once you re-introduced whole grains and the other foods you eliminated back into your diet.

Don't get me wrong ... I love healthy, hearty soups. They can be extremely healthy as part of a well-balanced diet. I just wouldn't eat soup three times a day for weeks, tho. I think you'd be pretty tired of soup by the end of the first week.

How about soup for one meal per day as part of a healthy plan?

And I agree about the store-bought ones. Make 'em yourself. They're just too easy to make, extremely economical compared to buying them premade in a can, and fresh soup simmering in the kitchen for hours is about the best air freshener money can buy

Closed Thread