It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• i started taking Phentermine today and all it did was knock me out!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-16-2007, 01:58 PM   #1
    fionababy
    (female)

fionababy HB User
    Re: Phentermine

i started taking Phentermine today, i took half of a 30mg capsule.. (dumped out half)... the funny thing is, as w/ dexatrim when it was on the market... it made me sleep the day away!!! i made sure i took it today on a day i had off from work and could have time to do things i needed to do and all it did was knock me out!!!! anyone else have this happen to them? i got dry mouth, peed buckets, and slept for hours.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2007, 02:10 PM   #2
    chevyman
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chevyman HB User

I highly recommend stop taking this!...period.

Old 01-16-2007, 03:19 PM   #3
    fionababy
    (female)

fionababy HB User

wanna gimmie some reasons other than the potenital for cardiomyopathy and other cardiovascular complications? LOL I know all that.. but plain old will power fails me.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:11 PM   #4
    twiceblessed
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

twiceblessed HB User
    Re: i started taking Phentermine today and all it did was knock me out!

I won't say STOP taking it - it is a doctor prescribed med after all.
    BUT - I will say that you might want to re-evaluate. Did you buy online, or did you get a "real" RX from a doctor you saw in person? I am guessing online since you mention breaking a CAPSULE in half. 15mg might have been all you needed, but might have been more effective in a whole 15 then in a broken in half one! (the timed release of these are pretty much completely cancelled out by opening them up. The "shell" is part of the absorption process!

I tried this many years ago and it worked for me SHORT term as a jump start after my first baby. It effects everyone COMPLETELY differently. If it didn't, there wouldn't be SO MANY message boards online completely dedicated to the topic of taking phen.

Are you a caffeine drinker? Some people who take phen experience something similar to the post-caffeine rush CRASH when taking it. For me, I wasn't happier or more energetic for DAYS. But it DOESN'T last forever.

Wish I could help more. Be careful and good luck!

Last edited by twiceblessed; 01-16-2007 at 04:13 PM.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:12 PM   #5
    boicrazy3188
    Veteran
    (female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

hmmm that is weird that you were knocked out...Most people feel a lot of energy. I don't feel tons of energy when I take it, but thats not what I take it for.

I agree that you shouldn't open the capsule up, it may just stop the phen from working as well.

when did you take it? Did you get a lot of sleep the night before?

If its a huge issue, maybe talk to your doctor to see if he can figure out why you get knocked out.

I've been on phen for 11 weeks now, and have lost 27lbs.....I so happy and glad I got phentermine!

Old 01-19-2007, 09:37 AM   #6
    chevyman
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chevyman HB User

Well ,
    it can cause bad things to start happening to your body with long periods of usage, even starting out with low doasage it has to increase to be effeftive.

Studies have shown it not to be safe for cardio most of us know this,altho it may deterrant the appite, but heres just a few complations that come to mind, it also deterioates the mind (your brain).
    Studies have shown it to casue ''dystrophy'', theres other complacations to many to mention.
    why do you think they ban this product in some other countrys and different states as well.
    FDA is concidering it ''Ban'' in the USA.

Not pointing fingers at anyone, but
    if a drug addict can't find any drugs to get high, then they take the phen, it gives them that that so called high there looking for.

Theres no magic pills out there for(safe fast)weight loss, the big companys make it sound wonderful, why? because there laughing all the way to the bank with your hard earn money.
    They use them models to show what there product's can do, but if you read the fine print it also comes with the way you diet, your food consumption is why you lose weight or gain.
    Weight loss is determation and modavation and self control its a safe and better way to lose weight. (simply eat less and exercise. )

It takes a lot of hard work to lose weight,
    (obviously) it's probably the hardest thing a person can do within there lifetime, mentally and phyiscally.
    BUT THE HARD WORK YOU PUT INTO LOSEING WEIGHT WILL BE MUCH REWARDING WITH YOU FEELING GOOD, LOOKING GOOD, HEALTHY, AND LIVE A LONGER MORE HAPPY PRODUTIVE LIFE.

Do it the old fasision way (the hard way) or SLOW way is much much better for your body to lose.

Old 01-20-2007, 03:44 PM   #7
    chesapeake girl
    (female)

chesapeake girl HB User
    Question Re: i started taking Phentermine today and all it did was knock me out!

I have tried phentermine and usually have good results. Mine was prescribed from my dr. Which makes me question - Chevyman, where did you find out all of this stuff from (about how bad it is for you and all the things it can cause) I just figured since my dr. prescribed it that it was pretty safe. He even said it was??? And when I did an internet search I didn't find any bad side effects or causes??? Can you help me as to the things you have heard and where you found out this info??

Thanks!
    chesapeake girl

Last edited by chesapeake girl; 01-20-2007 at 03:45 PM. Reason: spell correction

Old 01-20-2007, 06:24 PM   #8
    chevyman
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chevyman HB User

Well,
    I have read different health magazines, had some good respectful experince Dr's to tell me this, and its true it can be prescribe by many Doctors, its usally the only way to get it, but I bet a hundred dollar bill that any respectful Dr will tell you that its bad for you, with all due respect to your Dr.
    usally there first prescription is at a low mg dosage and theres 4 differsnt forms of phentermine with different side affects to each one.
    some Dr have to prescribe stronger forms of phen and stronger mg for it to be effective for weight loss and its usally on the high end and thats where you run into trouble over long time usage of this product.
    basicly all it is is a speed pill.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:18 PM   #9
    boicrazy3188
    Veteran
    (female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

Phentermine has been around for over 45 years and is still today being prescribed by doctors. Why? Because it works, and it's not that dangerous, especially short term. Of course you shouldn't take any drug long term, unless its a matter of life or death. Does this mean people shouldn't take ADHD medication because "heck, that child COULD calm down if he really wanted to, right?" or "We shouldn't put Megan on antidepressants even though she keeps talking about her dying because the drug is dangerous." What I'm trying to say, is that people need help sometimes, no matter what the condition. Sometimes they just cannot do it themselves. Phentermine doesn't contain anything illegal in it and any side effects that are present in the first few days of taking it subside quickly, and they are not harmful.

Quote:
    Not pointing fingers at anyone, but
    if a drug addict can't find any drugs to get high, then they take the phen, it gives them that that so called high there looking for.
    Phentermine is not a amphetamine, which is what drug addicts are addicted to. I personally was jittery the first day of taking it, but I've been on it almost 12 weeks and I don't get "high" every day when I take it. Plus, I've been taking time off it too so I don't build tolerance. A drug addict would have to take a lot of pills at the same time to get that "high" effect, but why do that when you can obviously get the real deal somewhere else where it doesn't have any other fillers in it, and its pure? And, how many drug dealers are out there that are on the street corners selling 37.5mg phentermine to get high? lol

Yes, there are side effects to the drug, as to all drugs out there. So should the world never take any prescription drugs so they don't get the side effects?
    Some people do abuse phentermine, taking too much. But, so do people who take other drugs, and other things in general, like food--beverages-supplements-etc. Hey, why are we trying to lose weight? Because eating too much kills you.
    Phentermine is reported to be the safest short term (note that it is short term, not a lifestyle drug) weight loss drug out there, and has had phenomonal results. I have lost almost 30 pounds on it along with eating 1200 calories and exercising everyday. I have never stuck to something like this for 4 weeks, let alone 12. It has helped me to stop thinking about food all the time, I don't snack/graze anymore and I finally feel in control. So, in my opinion, phentermine is very helpful if you cannot lose weight in any other way. I'm not saying its the only way, but it is a last resort. No one should tell you what to do when it comes to you losing weight, because you have to do it yourself, day by day, pound by pound.

Old 01-23-2007, 10:20 AM   #10
    chesapeake girl
    (female)

chesapeake girl HB User

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLIES. I AM DEFINITELY ONE WHO NEEDS A LITTLE APPETITE SUPRESSANT HELP.

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR REPLIES! IT IS DEFINITELY A CONFUSING CHOICE FOR ME

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

CHESAPEAKE GIRL

Closed Thread