It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

Can this be fixed???

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
nance484
Senior Veteran
(female)

nance484 HB User
Question Can this be fixed???

okay im 18, im female. im not obese but im not thin either. a few years back i went on a crazy 'not eating' scheme and lost 3 stone-went down to 8 stone, im 5'3/4 by the way which is ok for that height. the thing is, now that iv had to eat properly, and im not obbsessed anymore ive partly naturally gained weight and partly just put it on due to lifestyle-im now nearing 10stone, im not one of those people who's weight stays steady. i can go to a party at the weekend and come back and be a few pounds heavier!

anyways, im sorta hourglassed figure, i look a bit like those greek naked people lol-which in todays society isnt that great when your 18 and everyone seems to loook like keira knightly or kate moss. i do quite a bit of exercise and im naturally stronger for a girl, i did hockey for years, played rugby for the girls team and im close to black belt in karate, but my entire body seems to be heavy muscle coated with a layer of flab, when i exercise or try and tone i just get bigger. i need to know how to get rid of bits.

is it normal to have like an inch sticking out in the lower half of your stomach??? i see people and they go straight down flat,my waist is straight down but all of a suden below my bellybutton it goes out like an inch-its really noticable and looks like spare tires! ive done countless sit ups and stuff and every time, i can feel the tightening in a few days but my stomach in general actually seems to expand in size, my waist although tighter gets more of a widened shape-i hate it. is every woman like this and do guys find it repulsive-i hate the idea that they could grab hold of me with this part of me!! i'd really appreciate someone to tell me if im different. i see my doc alot for stuff, im just wondering if i should ask her about this stuff cos were gonna be talking about my stupid lifestyle and stuff-but can i ask, do doctors look at people and think theyre fat or are they used to seeing big people and think nothing of it? see i cant talk to a doc who is thinner than me-i feel like a house then. thanks, xox

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2007, 11:58 PM   #2
cuddledumplin
Veteran
(female)

cuddledumplin HB User
Re: Can this be fixed???

It is normal to have a slightly convex abdomen. Since you can't spot reduce, you need to do cardio to lose fat all over. Crunches alone don't do anything. You also need to strength train to tone up everywhere. (It perks up your metabolism to help burn fat, and it looks better to be toned all over rather than just your tummy). When you train your abs, mix it up a little: do bicycles, abdominal vaccums, planks, ball crunches, captain's chair, use an ab wheel, etc. (You can do a net search if you don't know how to do any of these exercises). Doing a variety of exercises works the muscles in different ways to keep them challenged. Another thing that is critical is keeping your tummy pulled in when doing ab moves because otherwise you're actually giving yourself a muscular spare tire. You also might want to try Pilates because it's legendary for toning the core.

Old 01-25-2007, 06:36 AM   #3
Lenin
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: Can this be fixed???

Losing 1 stone (14 pounds) will get rid of a large chunk of that layer of bodyfat that is covering your muscles.
You'll have to adjust your average food intake over a couple months to achieve it.
DON'T crash diet by eating like a bird though.

Closed Thread