It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

I lost weight-----

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2007, 09:46 AM   #1
Prestige
(female)

Prestige HB User
I lost weight-----

Good morning, I lost 4 pounds when I weighed myself on Sunday morning, I got on the scale this morning "Monday" and I gain 1.5 pounds, JUST LIKE THAT, well the cause of it is that, I went out, had 1 margarita alcoholic drink, 6 shrimps and 1 medium baked potato with sour cream, cheese and bacon, that was too bad, I worked so hard and wanted to treat myself one time, and gained a pound overnight, I am back on track today!!!!!

Feel like losing willpower after gaining 1.5 pounds overnight-

Any encouraging words? thanks

Last edited by Prestige; 01-29-2007 at 09:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2007, 10:37 AM   #2
frankiesmom
(female)

frankiesmom HB User
Re: I lost weight-----

Don't ever weigh yourself the 'morning after'. That could very well be water from the sodium. Weigh again tomorrow or the day after.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:37 AM   #3
reddoorblack
Senior Veteran
(female)

reddoorblack HB User

I know how you feel! I lost 8 lbs. last week and weighed myself this morning and the scale says I gained 4, overnight!!! I was really good all weekend, except, I ate 7 doritos yesterday, but that's it. Those damn doritos!!!

Old 01-29-2007, 10:47 AM   #4
twiceblessed
Senior Veteran
(female)

twiceblessed HB User

I think you're being waaaaay too hard on yourself. I seriously doubt what you ate caused you to gain weight "JUST LIKE THAT". We don't lose weight just like that, and we don't gain it that way either. I could blink and gain (or lose!) a pound and a half, and I'm only 10 pounds from my goal weight, so it's not like I'm one of those people who have a lot extra to work with.

I agree with the previous reponse about water weight and sodium too. Don't obsess over that small amount and don't let it get you down or ruin your motivation. Tomorrow is a new day - chances are it will be gone, and probably more!

\Good luck!

Old 01-29-2007, 10:49 AM   #5
twiceblessed
Senior Veteran
(female)

twiceblessed HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddoorblack View Post
I know how you feel! I lost 8 lbs. last week and weighed myself this morning and the scale says I gained 4, overnight!!! I was really good all weekend, except, I ate 7 doritos yesterday, but that's it. Those damn doritos!!!
You lost 8 lbs. in a week?? Wow....if I could do that I would be close enough to goal for it to breathe on me! Congrats! But I wouldn' stress over the gain of 4 overnight (as I mentioned in reply to the original poster).

Good luck!

Closed Thread