It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

Wish me luck

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2007, 12:10 PM   #1
Junior77
Veteran
(male)

Junior77 HB User
Wish me luck

I just received my Body by Jake Gravity force Trainer and am going to be working out on it along with a 1300 calorie diet meal plan that came with the machine. I might also do cardio exercises like running around the park for about 30 mins. I'll keep u guys posted on how I'm doing later.

I'm also gonna be juicing fruits with my jack lelane power juicer and drinking plenty of water!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2007, 05:49 PM   #2
gomab2k4
(male)

gomab2k4 HB User
Re: Wish me luck

I ordered mine this past weekend, and should get it Thursday. I had both a Total Gym (Weider version) and a MyGym that didn't work out. Both lacked resistance and I wanted...among other things. Could you give a review of it...What are the pros and cons...and so on?

I also looked at the ProForm Cardio Glide Plus, but it was similar to the Total Gym in that it uses cables and pulleys like te Total Gym ( A negative in my opinion), and offered less resistance than the Gravity Force Trainer.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Old 04-03-2007, 11:07 PM   #3
Junior77
Veteran
(male)

Junior77 HB User

This thread is old but I can still give you a review. If you still have warranty on this machine... send it back. This machine does not work. It may only give you a little shoulder exercise but that's about it. I sent it back and did my research on here and got advice from Lenin. I ended up buying the Weider Platinum machine. I just love it. It's got all the resistance I need. Lenin recommended me the universal home gym over the weider but that costs more bucks if you have the money to spend. I didn't have the bucks to spend so I went with the weider. But the weider works well. Really well.

Plus, the weider costs the same as the gravity force trainer so you won't be losing any money there.

Last edited by Junior77; 04-03-2007 at 11:08 PM.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:03 AM   #4
gomab2k4
(male)

gomab2k4 HB User

Thanks for the fast response. Unfortunately, I have little room. I looked at the Bioforce TNT, but it is too large. Did the Gravity Force Trainer really use 150% of body weight as resistance? Also, how does it compare to the Total Gym in terms of resistance (if you have ever used a TG)?

I recieve it tomorrow, and if I do not like it, I may go the Bullworker.

Last edited by gomab2k4; 04-04-2007 at 10:12 AM.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:01 AM   #5
Junior77
Veteran
(male)

Junior77 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomab2k4 View Post
Thanks for the fast response. Unfortunately, I have little room. I looked at the Bioforce TNT, but it is too large. Did the Gravity Force Trainer really use 150% of body weight as resistance? Also, how does it compare to the Total Gym in terms of resistance (if you have ever used a TG)?

I recieve it tomorrow, and if I do not like it, I may go the Bullworker.
I've never used the total gym so I can't say nothing about that. But about the gravity force trainer... use it and see how you like it. I personally liked it in the beginning but after the first week I ended up hating it. It does not feel like you're working 150% of body weight as resistance in some exercises. But in other excercises it does. I'd recommend the weider machine. Works out way more body parts then the gravity force trainer. It doesn't take up much room when it's folded up but it does a little bit when it's folded down.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:25 AM   #6
gomab2k4
(male)

gomab2k4 HB User

I will give the Gravity Force Trainer a try for at least two weeks and then decide. The only thing I am hating is the fact that it will likely be expensive to ship back to Body by Jake. Its all good though. Thanks again.

By the way, if it doesn't work out, I will definately look into the Weider, the Bullworker and Bioforce.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:38 AM   #7
Junior77
Veteran
(male)

Junior77 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomab2k4 View Post
I will give the Gravity Force Trainer a try for at least two weeks and then decide. The only thing I am hating is the fact that it will likely be expensive to ship back to Body by Jake. Its all good though. Thanks again.

By the way, if it doesn't work out, I will definately look into the Weider, the Bullworker and Bioforce.
lol yes it will cost some to ship back. I hated that too. But the plus side to the Weider is that they have a 6 week guarantee that if you don't like it you can send it back and they will pay for the shipping for you.

Maybe the gravity force trainer didn't work for me, but I've tried a lot of weight machines and I didn't really like this one. It may work for you. But I say give it a try before the warranty runs out and see how you're liking it.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:50 PM   #8
gomab2k4
(male)

gomab2k4 HB User

I maxxed out the weight for my triceps dip, lat pulldown and squat exercises during my first workout. Maybe it is just me, but I feel no weight when doing the leg press! One of the selling points for me was the fact it had a squat exercise. I wish it would have 150% resistance on all of the "pull" exercises...not just the "push" ones. I also wish Body by Jake would have mentioned this also...

As for everything else, it is an okay home gym. It is simple to assemble, simple to operate, the movements are smooth and direct, and it is somewhat compact. I find the 150% resistance on the "push" exercises good enough for me, but it may not be enough for more experienced or stronger individuals.

The $850 price tag is too expensive for what you get. However, if you can get it for much less, it is worth it.

Old 04-10-2007, 05:21 AM   #9
Junior77
Veteran
(male)

Junior77 HB User

I agree what you said. If you like it... keep it. I personally didn't like it because I wanted to train heavy and some exercises you can't train heavy on that machine. The Weider machine is letting me train heavy in every workout.

Closed Thread