It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

What am I doing wrong???

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
lazedays
(female)

lazedays HB User
What am I doing wrong???

Hey, thought I was doing great, loosing those last 15 lbs. Been eating approx 1400 to 1600 cals a day, been doing aroerbics, weights and yoga for about 3 weeks now. My legs are slimming down, but My poochy belly seems to be buldging! I try to drinking my quota of water an eating whole grains, fruits veggies, ff dairy, and trying to stay away from sweets and high fat salty foods. Yes, i do fall prey to the unhealth snacks, but only a few times since I've been serious, and I haven't binged on those snacks, just had a small amount. I have been embarrasingly gassy the past few days. It this maybe why my tummy is buldgy? I'm 30 years old, weigh 140 and just wanna loose the last bit of weight and flab, Why do I seem to be growing around my waist? I'm getting discouraged, and want to give up, any suggestions or help????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2007, 06:05 PM   #2
jo5086
Inactive
(female)

jo5086 HB User
Re: What am I doing wrong???

how is your protein intake?
did yu eat the ff dairy before?
usually fat free foods have more chemicals added to them, and lack fat which keeps you satiated, so it may be worth replacing the ff for full fat organic and eat a little less.

all of my food is full fat, i sty away from candy, don't concern my self with salt (although when i eat a lot of salty food, i do see temporary bloating), and make sure to get enough protein, and i have a very flat stomach. people have commented on it before, and the advice i always give them is eat full fat "real food"...no fast food, no crap, no processed meats, etc.

also, from an exercise standpoint, i find running to help flatten the stomach. maybe do a high intensity 10 min run before you work out and it will help.

Last edited by jo5086; 02-10-2007 at 06:05 PM.

Old 02-10-2007, 06:13 PM   #3
jo5086
Inactive
(female)

jo5086 HB User

also, if you are an apple shape, your stomach and arm will be the hardest to lose fat from. it may just be the case of having to lose a bit more fat, but without your stats,i can't say for sure.

Old 02-11-2007, 01:06 AM   #4
kevinb145
(male)

kevinb145 HB User

The reason you can't get rid of the fat around your stomach is most likely due to a lack of proper hormonal activity. The hormones produced by the liver, thyroid, adrenals, and overies, when not working properly, usually lead to weight gain in certain areas of the body. If you are intent on losing weight around your stomach I would suggest reading all the information you can find from Dr. Berg, he is a cutting edge doctor who provides information about hormones and weight loss. He also offers programs for restoring proper hormonal balance. Very highly recommended.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:54 AM   #5
lazedays
(female)

lazedays HB User

ive always had a flat stomach untill I had kids. My upper body seems to tone firtst. I can bulk up on top real easy. I eat ff dairy because I can't digest whole or high fat dairy. I try to get enough protien. ie nut for snack, yogurt, milk in my breakfast shake instead of water, milk in my oatmeal (homemaid kind) i get up at 5:20 and workout 30 to 40 min each morning, I can't workout in the evening, I won't sleep. would pilates core type workouts help? or should I just stick with cardio to melt fat? I do use weights 2 times a week for 40 minutes. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Old 02-11-2007, 04:55 AM   #6
lazedays
(female)

lazedays HB User

oh, I'm 5 ft 4 inches and weigh approx 140 lbs. I wear a size 8 comfortably. I do want to get to 125, which is healthy for me.

Closed Thread