It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

The Best Life Diet

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2007, 07:48 PM   #1
sublime71137
(female)

sublime71137 HB User
Cool The Best Life Diet

Hey all,
Anybody else here doing the best life diet? I'm very happy with it so far. Holler back

Last edited by moderator2; 02-10-2007 at 07:58 PM. Reason: no chats - no buddy posts - please read the rules

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2007, 11:15 PM   #2
De Yone
(female)

De Yone HB User
Re: The Best Life Diet

What is the best life diet? I am 16 and 20 lbs overweight. I have always been more overweight than any of my friends. Dee

Old 02-11-2007, 07:26 AM   #3
Lenin
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

I guess this is the latest of the neverending NEW Oprah diets?

Old 02-11-2007, 04:10 PM   #4
Kszan
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I just bought the book but haven't read it yet. I'm on the fence about whether or not this works. Oprah's diets haven't exactly a great track record, but whatever.

I have to read the book before I decide whether or not to do it. We'll see.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:42 PM   #5
De Yone
(female)

De Yone HB User

Do you think it would be a good diet and easy to follow for my 17 yr. old daughter. She is on the "Lean Cuisine and Special K Diet" She and her friend made it up. Her girlfriend lost alot of weight during last summer and my daughter has lost 6 lbs in a month. She wants to lose so badly. She goes to the gym and runs on the treadmill, works on the machines and she walks everywhere. She is about 20 lbs over-weight and is bigger than any of her friends. It bothers her all the time. No way will she wear a bathing suit! Any suggestions. De Yone

Old 02-12-2007, 07:29 AM   #6
sublime71137
(female)

sublime71137 HB User

I haven't really kept track of Oprah's other diets, and thats not really why I started it. The Best Life Diet is by Tom Greene. I did Atkins and SouthBeach with success, lost around 30lbs between the 2. I think both diets work really well, but I could never adjust to that way of eating and I knew it wasn't a way of life for me so I stopped both. Then I was reading Oprahs mag in a lobby and read a little about The Best Life. I like it because its how I actually eat, minus the sugars and crap. Its something I can do. Whether or not it works for you or a loved one is really something you have to decide for yourself after reading the book. I dont think of it as I diet, which makes it work for me. I don't think, oh I can't wait till I lose this weight so I can eat like a normal person again(and get fat again ). I also like how for the first month you have very few rules and focus more on working out than eating. You also look into why your fat in the first place. That was a biggy for me. I had a jump start because even though I was off South Beach, I never went totally back to the way I ate before, so I kind of started out on Phase 2. Anyway, hope thats a little helpful, let me know if you start doing it, and take care

Peace out

Old 02-19-2007, 08:12 PM   #7
De Yone
(female)

De Yone HB User

My daughter asked me the other day if I would do the Weight Watcher's Diet. I figured that I would do this with her because she is almost 17 and really never asks me to participate in much with her. So here is a chance for my daughter and I to do something together. So I am going to try it. Has anyone been successful with Weight Watcher's?

Old 02-20-2007, 05:26 AM   #8
twiceblessed
Senior Veteran
(female)

twiceblessed HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Yone View Post
My daughter asked me the other day if I would do the Weight Watcher's Diet. I figured that I would do this with her because she is almost 17 and really never asks me to participate in much with her. So here is a chance for my daughter and I to do something together. So I am going to try it. Has anyone been successful with Weight Watcher's?
Absolutely! I lost 13 lbs. on it a few years ago (all I needed to lose, really). My mom lost 65 lbs. + and my inlaws have had tons of luck with it. Very much a lifestyle diet that you can learn to live with easily.

I applaud you for doing this with your daugther. Good luck!

Old 02-20-2007, 09:50 PM   #9
Savason1
(female)

Savason1 HB User

I am a lifetime member at ww and love the program!! I am trying to lose again after having two kids the past few years and I am losing successfully. It is a lifetime commitment too lose the weight and keep it off.

I picked up the best life diet book and read it end to end. It is a very good read and I find it very easy to adapt with the weight watchers program. Especailly if you are going to do the core plan. I use the points plan but I think both are very good.

De Yone - Just make sure your daughter is getting enough calories in with all the excersise she is doing or she will platue out and that is very discouraging.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:00 AM   #10
chevyman
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

[QUOTE=Savason1;2811829]I am a lifetime member at ww and love the program!! I am trying to lose again after having two kids the past few years and I am losing successfully. It is a lifetime commitment too lose the weight and keep it off.

I picked up the best life diet book and read it end to end. It is a very good read and I find it very easy to adapt with the weight watchers program. Especailly if you are going to do the core plan. I use the points plan but I think both are very good.

De Yone - Just make sure your daughter is getting enough calories in with all the excersise she is doing or she will platue out and that is very discouraging.[/QUOT

Excuse Me,
How does the ''lifetime'' membership work with W.W.?
If your a lifetime member does that mean AFTER you reached your weight goal and now your membership is free as long as you stay within your goal?
no monthly dues and you can still attend the support meetings?
Just curious.

Closed Thread