It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

Question For 130Dreamer

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2007, 09:56 AM   #1
Accutane2X
Senior Veteran
(female)

Accutane2X HB User
Question For 130Dreamer

Hi,
I read your post that included what a typical day is for you (i.e. Hard boiled egg, tuna, WW cake, etc.). I had thought about joining WW but I am reconsidering. I may be able to do it alone. They have some great recipes listed on their site. Anyway, my question for you, could you give me some more ideas on what else you eat during the course of a day? Also, do you put anything (lite mayo?) in your tuna? I'm 5'7" and 170 lbs. I'd like to lose weight before my hubby and I try to conceive our 1st. Any helpful hints would be great. I just have such a hard time figuring out what to eat......and I'm not a chef, so the simpler the better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2007, 06:09 AM   #2
thumbelina11
(female)

thumbelina11 HB User
Re: Question For 130Dreamer

Hi, I just want to post a comment about the tuna. I live in Canada and we've been hearing a lot lately about high levels of mercury in our tuna. They suggest only 1 can of tuna once per week due to these high levels. It may be healthy, but it may contain things that are danger to your health as well!

Last edited by thumbelina11; 02-21-2007 at 06:09 AM.

Old 02-21-2007, 01:28 PM   #3
lzing2
(female)

lzing2 HB User

May I offer this for help to your questions.

The key no matter what diet you choose to follow is to watch portion sizes which in turn means calories. Buy a kitchen/food scale (if you don't have one) get out your measuring cups and tbsp & tsp and prepare yourself endless recipes of healthy foods.(yes put mayo in the tuna/just measure how much...1tbsp is enough for a can, add a little lemon juice to take it further... when we eyeball measurement with a regular spoon...well believe me, we never come close enough)I have found that the 85g single tuna servings are fantastic and all you need, they also come in great flavors such as lemon/dill, they need no mayo...try it...makes a great lunch!
As North Americans, all of us, are guilty of over portioning our food and as a result even when we eat healthy, we gain weight!
Like you, I was in the 170 range...and by simply using a daily journal and food scale and measurements/and a few trips to a nutrishonist I have finally found the way to get the weight off and live the rest of my life healthy. I find learning correct portion sizes and eating smaller meals throughout the day made the weight fall off...well to be honest I have never felt better, ate better food, and lost weight as fast. My kitchen has finally gone from showcase to useful...who knew...lol.

Friends and Family have even started and they too cannot believe how it changes things drastically! The veggie portion of your dinner for example should be more than the protein portion, but often we reverse it! Simple changes pay off with weight loss.

Oh yes the water is important....believe it or not the more you consume the faster you will see results...I as a rule try to have a bottle on the go constantly..not easy, I hated water, but it works!

Diets will always come and go....and some work wonders but weight is a lifestyle attitute and change....that is the key to success.

That is my two cents...

Old 02-21-2007, 01:39 PM   #4
lzing2
(female)

lzing2 HB User

May I offer this for help to your questions.

The key no matter what diet you choose to follow is to watch portion sizes which in turn means calories. Buy a kitchen/food scale (if you don't have one) get out your measuring cups and tbsp & tsp and prepare yourself endless recipes of healthy foods.(yes put mayo in the tuna/just measure how much...1tbsp is enough for a can, add a little lemon juice to take it further... when we eyeball measurement with a regular spoon...well believe me, we never come close enough)I have found that the 85g single tuna servings are fantastic and all you need, they also come in great flavors such as lemon/dill, they need no mayo...try it...makes a great lunch!
As North Americans, all of us, are guilty of over portioning our food and as a result even when we eat healthy, we gain weight!
Like you, I was in the 170 range...and by simply using a daily journal and food scale and measurements/and a few trips to a nutrishonist I have finally found the way to get the weight off and live the rest of my life healthy. I find learning correct portion sizes and eating smaller meals throughout the day made the weight fall off...well to be honest I have never felt better, ate better food, and lost weight as fast. My kitchen has finally gone from showcase to useful...who knew...lol.

Friends and Family have even started and they too cannot believe how it changes things drastically! The veggie portion of your dinner for example should be more than the protein portion, but often we reverse it! Simple changes pay off with weight loss.

Oh yes the water is important....believe it or not the more you consume the faster you will see results...I as a rule try to have a bottle on the go constantly..not easy, I hated water, but it works!

Diets will always come and go....and some work wonders but weight is a lifestyle attitute and change....that is the key to success.

That is my two cents...

Old 02-22-2007, 08:17 AM   #5
Accutane2X
Senior Veteran
(female)

Accutane2X HB User

Thanks for the input. I realize it's about portion control, however I am not lucky enough to be able to go to a Nutritionist. If you could give me some examples of what to eat (Portion included) that would be wonderful. I have taken into consideration what 130Dreamer Posted. I (only for 2 days but it's a start) am eating, one scrambled egg, one slice of toast with apple butter, a banana for snack, Deli Select Roast Beef on a wheat wrap, unsweetened applesauce cup for snack and chicken breast and brocolli for dinner. The hardest thing for me is soda. I'm a huge Pepsi fan and I miss the caffeine! Any variations? Any thing I should not be eating? Thanks for any ideas!

Old 02-22-2007, 08:32 AM   #6
lzing2
(female)

lzing2 HB User

I hope this helps....Proteins, 3.5oz twice a day is great..or 6oz if your require more, and chicken, white fish, tuna,(tuna comes in 85g single serving cans now in great flavours like lemon and dill)a perfect lunch. Turkey and lean beef(if your a big hamburger lover, have the butcher at your local grocery store grind a lean steak for you/no charge and your sure then it is lean and not fat, lean hamburger is not as lean as we think) once a week is ideal.
Veggies should be 8oz servings and two fruit a day is ideal...the bread well, you know the drill 2 servings a day and lowest calorie as possible.

Not sure the apple butter is a great choice(1tbs of light/fat free cream cheese would be better) and the banana is not being your friend....aim for fruits like apples, grapefruit, oranges (not clemintines) and peaches, strawberries, they are the lowest in sugars and help in weight loss.

Soda...I too love it, but I have learned to love caffine free diet pepsi, it is not that bad and I enjoy it every night.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:51 AM   #7
Accutane2X
Senior Veteran
(female)

Accutane2X HB User

Thank you so much. That's great info. The reason for the banana is because I am allergic to the citrus fruits. Oranges and strawberries most definitely I can't eat. I'll try a peach. Banana is so easy to throw in the lunch bag.......no utensils required! Again, thanks!

Closed Thread