It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

315 Pound teen

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-28-2007, 08:02 PM   #1
Chunkychristie
(female)

Chunkychristie HB User
315 Pound teen

This is about the billionth time that i have tryed to losse wheight but i never can and it is really starting to affect my selfestem . also becasue i am 14 i have liked this guy but i know he would never like me becasue of the way i look. does anyone have any tips that can help me make this bumpy ride throught wheight loss any smoother
thanks

christie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2007, 05:49 AM   #2
mama2izzy
(female)

mama2izzy HB User
Re: 315 Pound teen

You could try having a diet buddy. You two could encourage each other and make sure you stay on track.

Also, for a week, keep a diary log. Each day, write down everything you eat. You'll be amazed. Sometimes you don't realize you're just shoving stuff in your face and you can see where you need to make changes.

I'm currently on a diet. I had my daughter a year ago and am still struggling with weight.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:44 AM   #3
KittyLove
Veteran
(female)

KittyLove HB User

The best advice that I can give you is to stop eating "bad" carbs (sugary, processed foods). If a food doesn't require refrigeration, then it is most likely processed junk.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:08 AM   #4
lzing2
(female)

lzing2 HB User

I agree with other postings...also try and start drinking massive amounts of water, more than 8 glasses/bottles a day, aim for 10-12 or higher, you will be amazed in one week how much weight you will loose, just by increasing your water intake...journal your food, KittyLuv is right, you will be baffled by what you might be eating..and forget the sugars, and flour, and anything processed....it is no"bodies" friend.....and count your calories, also little walks can make a huge difference at weeks end, so keep moving....and don't give up.

We are here to support and offer advice so keep coming back and if we can support and help...we all will.

You can do this, we all struggle but be firm with yourself and commit yourself to a healthy eating plan, it will pay off....by the way, this boy also needs to see your personality inside not just your exterior package...don't forget that.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:54 AM   #5
LisaFaith
Veteran
(female)

LisaFaith HB User

Christie,
What is your family doing to help you succeed at this? You are very young and you will need them to help you. I really liked mama2izzy's idea of having a diet buddy. Having a friend that you can do this with will make it more fun, and you won't feel so alone. You can encourage each other and help each other to succeed! Good luck sweetie!

Old 03-01-2007, 12:50 PM   #6
viccles
Veteran
(female)

viccles HB User

Try to cut portions sizes...replace white carbs with brown if you can and eat some lean protein. See if you can start exercising (slowly) and build it up. Those things will definitely help. Don't go on any fad diets they don't work

Old 03-05-2007, 12:15 AM   #7
ljd88
(female)

ljd88 HB User

The first thing you should do is ask your parents to make you an appointment with your pediatrician. Your doctor should talk to you and run some tests to make sure there isn't a medical reason for your weight and previous failures to lose weight. It's possible that there's a medical issue impacting your weight. If so, no matter how hard you try, you won't get good results without first working around or fixing whatever the medical problem is. Assuming that you're fine medically, your doctor should be the one to start you on a weight loss program. Your doctor should be able to help you work out a plan that he thinks will be safe and successful. Your doctor may give you a referral to see a nutritionist who will work specifically on getting you eating a healthy diet that has all of the nutrients you need. This is really important in the teen years.

I really think that seeing your doctor should be your first step now that you've decided to lose weight. You need to work with your doctor on this to help you be successful and stay safe and healthy at the same time. Please do this.

Good luck!

Old 03-05-2007, 07:16 PM   #8
LisaFaith
Veteran
(female)

LisaFaith HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd88 View Post
I really think that seeing your doctor should be your first step now that you've decided to lose weight. You need to work with your doctor on this to help you be successful and stay safe and healthy at the same time. Please do this.

Good luck!
I totally agree with this! Actually, even adults should see a doctor before starting any major weight loss program

Old 03-05-2007, 08:56 PM   #9
lalala125
(female)

lalala125 HB User

I think you should join a weight program, like weight watcher's, because you'll get advice, encouragement and become motivated. that's how i lost my first pounds and learned a lot about nutrition. i think weight watcher's is a really good program, because they don't restrict any foods like atkins and you still have a variety of choices.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:16 PM   #10
ljd88
(female)

ljd88 HB User

You need to be 18 or have a note from a doctor before starting Weight Watchers or any other reputable weight loss program. I joined Weight Watchers for a short time with my mom before I was 18 and had to lie about my age (I only wanted to lose maybe 15 pounds, and I knew I was quite healthy overall).

Last edited by ljd88; 03-05-2007 at 10:16 PM.

Old 03-06-2007, 03:40 AM   #11
solobx
(male)

solobx HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkychristie View Post

This is about the billionth time that i have tryed to losse wheight but i never can and it is really starting to affect my selfestem . also becasue i am 14 i have liked this guy but i know he would never like me becasue of the way i look. does anyone have any tips that can help me make this bumpy ride throught wheight loss any smoother
thanks

christie
ljd88 is right when he says you need to see your doctor before you can start a diet plan on your own and your parents should monitor your activities, perhaps your thyroids is your problem, and people who are obese usually end up with diabetes, and i believe you don't want that, stop drinking pop sodas, orange juice, and all those sweet stuff that i'm sure we all love but it's not worth our health in return.

Good luck!

solobx

Closed Thread