It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

a diet program(help)

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2007, 01:00 PM   #1
barnell09
(male)

barnell09 HB User
a diet program(help)

Can someone please help me. Can you recamend a way to lose about 25-30 pounds in 3 months. I need some ideas for exercising, eating, and all the other stuff. Also, i think some of my weight comes from water, or maybe something else because I went from 152 to 185 and only gained a few inches so what could I do to loose that extra water weight. Also would some type of tea to help (green tea, or another type)

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2007, 01:07 PM   #2
barnell09
(male)

barnell09 HB User
Re: a diet program(help)

also is it possible that over time my scale has become less accurate. It is a digital scale and it's a little over a year old.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:52 PM   #3
Frozen
(female)

Frozen HB User

Carb intake affects water retention. I like to start a "diet" by reducing my white carbs and switching over to whole wheat bread and pasta and brown rice instead of white. I lost 8 pounds the first week of this weight loss venture just by making this little change. Gave me lots of motivation to keep going. (and it really does keep you "going" )

Old 03-05-2007, 02:05 PM   #4
barnell09
(male)

barnell09 HB User

so do you exercise as well, 8 pounds in one week is great

Old 03-05-2007, 02:20 PM   #5
Frozen
(female)

Frozen HB User

Nah, I wasn't exercising at the time, but have really hopped on that bandwagon now. I'm a carb junkie by nature, so taking away my white carbs threw my body for a loop. I had no idea one person could be so bloated!!! Not pretty...not pretty at all.

Old 03-05-2007, 05:24 PM   #6
AppleCore
(female)

AppleCore HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnell09 View Post
Can someone please help me. Can you recamend a way to lose about 25-30 pounds in 3 months. I need some ideas for exercising, eating, and all the other stuff. Also, i think some of my weight comes from water, or maybe something else because I went from 152 to 185 and only gained a few inches so what could I do to loose that extra water weight. Also would some type of tea to help (green tea, or another type)

thanks
Well if you only gained weight and didn't notice much inch increase then is it possible that you turned some of the fat into muscle?

Old 03-06-2007, 05:41 AM   #7
barnell09
(male)

barnell09 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleCore View Post
Well if you only gained weight and didn't notice much inch increase then is it possible that you turned some of the fat into muscle?

But I have not been exercising, I walk but nothing more. I went from about 152 to about 160 something in months, then up to 170 something in months, then it seems like I got in the 180s over night

Old 03-06-2007, 09:32 AM   #8
lzing2
(female)

lzing2 HB User

Again no expert, but I have learned through a nutrishonist that the best way to loose water weight is with water. The more water you consume in a day the less your body will retain...If you have water weight your body is holding on to it because it is dehydrated.

There is no faster way to loose weight and loose a few pounds fast combined with healthy eating of coarse than to just up your intake of water. The standard 8 glasses is not enough if you have extra weight to lose.

Up it to a litre first, then two, then three and so on....watch how fast the weight flushes away. Yes at first your body will send you on frequent trips to the washroom as your kidneys start doing there job again, because when we dehydrate our bodies, our liver has to do the job of the kidneys...hence why we retain water. But once your body realizes that you will be hydrating it daily the running will stop.

Give it a try....all you have to lose is the weight.

Closed Thread