It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

pregnancy worries ?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2007, 10:06 AM   #1
jaxie 77
(female)

jaxie 77 HB User
Smile pregnancy worries ?

Hi there , just wondering if anyone out there can give me some positive feedback (tired of hearing the negative ) im currently 13 weeks pregnant , and i weigh 275lbs ,although i carry my weight well (im 5'7 )obviously i am seriously overweight . At all my checks and appointments , neither the midwife or the doc has told me that there will be a problem with my pregnancy ,my bloodpressure is fine ,and all other tests came back normal , and they have considered me low risk actually , but i cant help feeling a little worried , i would hate anything to happen because of my weight ! Also , everthing i read on the internet states that heavy women have more risks during pregnancy , its all very negative stuff ive read , is what im trying to say !!! I know i should be happy with what my docs told me and that everythin looks good so far , but i would just LOVE to hear a happy story from someone like me , who has went on to have a happy healthy pregnancy with no problems , first hand you know ? So Thanx in advance ...just want to enjoy this xxxxxxxxxxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2007, 05:18 PM   #2
Anxiety-stinks
(female)

Anxiety-stinks HB User
Re: pregnancy worries ?

Hello.I am 5'8" and 250.I had a daughter almost 9 years ago with no problems.I watched what I ate VERY close.I only gained about 13 pounds with the pregnancy.I do not think you will have probs if you watch your intake and excercise,exercise,exercise.There are alot of low impact exercises you can do as well as walking.This will help you keep your weight down and help with the delivery.Just be careful and don't give into those cravings.There are so many yummy low fat/calorie things these days.Go to the weight watchers website and you can access so many great receipes and ideas.Good luck to you and your little one.
Dawn

Old 03-07-2007, 06:17 PM   #3
Frozen
(female)

Frozen HB User

Congratulations! Don't let your weight scare you. I started my pregnancy at 283. Did develop gestational diabetes, which I had to manage with insulin, but that might have happened if I were at a "normal" weight. I gained only 18lbs during the pregnancy. My healthy, beautiful daughter was born at 8lbs 10oz. She's turning 5 next week!

Old 03-08-2007, 06:54 AM   #4
jaxie 77
(female)

jaxie 77 HB User

Thanx so much for getting back to me , its really good to hear your stories , and it made me feel a lot better , i feel sooooo irrartional right now, its bizarre !!! But yeh , i am excercising , ive always been very active , swimming , gym etc , but just the past few years the weight has gradually creeped on . Nightmare !! Since i discovered im pg tho i have been very careful what im eating and i actually feel a lot healthier already , it seems kind of different now ,easier, its not just me i have to worry about now , dont know if that makes sense !!! I have a dating u/s on 13th so i cant wait for that ,just want to know all is well . Thank you again for your feedback , soooooo good to have a support system like this . xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Closed Thread