It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Spinning is the answer to lose weight!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-09-2007, 09:55 PM   #1
    Vivacious
    (female)

Vivacious HB User
    Spinning is the answer to lose weight!!!

Hello All

Im new to this board and I want to share something with everyone. Ive been struggling with my weight since my second baby. I had her on Sept/06 and I cant seem to lose the weight. I gained 50 pounds during my pregnacy and I just stopped breastfeeding due to my hectic schedule. Im 5'5 and I weigh 158 pounds. My goal is to be 130 pounds and to be toned.

So I decided to join a gym and they offer a spinning class (indoor cycling). Its the most amazing thing that Ive ever done. All my life I would run, swim, walk or do any kind of cardio exercise. I would see some results with running etc.. but since I started spinning Ive already lost 2 pounds in one week!!! You can burn up to 500 calories in 40 mins by spinning. I find that amazing because I would always struggle losing weight by doing other cardio exercise.

Thanks for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2007, 11:11 PM   #2
    viccles
    Veteran
    (female)

viccles HB User
    Re: Spinning is the answer to lose weight!!!

Amen to that! I have started spinning 1-2 times a week and on top of the 3x a week I do on the floor at gym (cardio x weights) the fat is just melting off. Spinning is great!

Old 03-10-2007, 04:29 PM   #3
    wvpumpkin
    (female)

wvpumpkin HB User

what do you do exactly at spinning? can I do it at home on my exercise bike????

Old 03-10-2007, 05:42 PM   #4
    Vivacious
    (female)

Vivacious HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wvpumpkin View Post
    what do you do exactly at spinning? can I do it at home on my exercise bike????
    Hi

Spinning is a term for indoor, stationary cycling. Spin bikes have fixed racing handlebars, pedals with shoes straps so that you don't slip, adjustable bike seat and adjustable handle bar crank.

This is great, because it's important that you are sitting in the right position depending on your height for maximum comfort and results. The intensity of your spinning workout session on the spin bike can be adjusted with either a resistance knob or gear lever. Depending on the type of spin bike you're looking at, some of the higher quality spin bikes come with a gear lever which offers up to 8 gear changes for harder workouts.

I recommend that you buy a spin bike instead of a staionary bike for the reasons above. Good Luck!!

Old 03-10-2007, 05:46 PM   #5
    wvpumpkin
    (female)

wvpumpkin HB User

I have never seen a spin bike. Are they really expensive? Where can I find them?

Old 03-10-2007, 05:49 PM   #6
    Vivacious
    (female)

Vivacious HB User

they range from 600.00 and up. you can buy a used one!! im not sure where you can buy a used spin bike, but if you search the internet you will probably find one.

Old 03-10-2007, 05:52 PM   #7
    wvpumpkin
    (female)

wvpumpkin HB User

ooh, that is steep for me right now. Birthdays are rampant at my house lol. So you can't use a regular stationary bike huh, cause I already have one of those. Let me know more thoughts on this.

Old 03-10-2007, 06:04 PM   #8
    Vivacious
    (female)

Vivacious HB User

People of all ages and fitness levels can enjoy spinning on the spin bike and because the impact is so low, if you're after an exercise program that doesn't add stress to the joints, but still want to burn maximum calories, then a spinning exercise program may be what you're after!

A spinning exercise routine using your spin bike will work out a few different muscles groups. These include the quadriceps (thighs), hamstrings (back of the thighs), hips, gluteus maximus (bum), and abdominal muscles. As you can see...your spinning exercise routine can really get great results if you go for it!

Try a spinning class first before you buy a spin bike.

Last edited by Vivacious; 03-10-2007 at 06:05 PM.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:51 PM   #9
    viccles
    Veteran
    (female)

viccles HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vivacious View Post
    People of all ages and fitness levels can enjoy spinning on the spin bike and because the impact is so low, if you're after an exercise program that doesn't add stress to the joints, but still want to burn maximum calories, then a spinning exercise program may be what you're after!

A spinning exercise routine using your spin bike will work out a few different muscles groups. These include the quadriceps (thighs), hamstrings (back of the thighs), hips, gluteus maximus (bum), and abdominal muscles. As you can see...your spinning exercise routine can really get great results if you go for it!

Try a spinning class first before you buy a spin bike.
    I think spinning classes are better than buying your own bike as the class really motivates you when you are climbing those "hills" and you need that motivation to get through the hard points

Closed Thread