It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

Overwhelmed

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2007, 12:15 PM   #1
djkmc1998
(female)

djkmc1998 HB User
Smile Overwhelmed

Hello everybody. I am writting here, because I am feeling a little overwhelmed and frusterated. First off, I am 6ft tall and 290lbs. I am a "big" girl even when I am at my normal weight. I have always battled weight. I have gone up and down..up and down...over and over. Im sick of it, I just want to have a healthy lifestyle, by eating right and excercising. I just stopped smoking about 2 weeks ago. THat is the first step. I have ordered TURBO JAM, and TAE BO dvds. I prefer to go to a ymca, but the nearest one is 20 miles away and I have 3 small children, and a husband that works odd hours. I guess that what I am overwhelmed about is, I dont know where to start. Everytime that I have lost weight it has been WITH something...like diet pill, last time it was ********* (which was wonderful, but expensive). How do I find out the daily calories, fat, protein, ect? Anyone that could help would be great! Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
simplyme81
(female)

simplyme81 HB User
Re: Overwhelmed

Based on your height and weight, try to eat 1500 calories a day. try to do it 120 grams of protein, no more than 150 grams of carbs, and no more than 30 grams of fat. and 25-40 grams of fiber a day.

Start writing everything down, and make sure you have the carbs early during the day. If you get hungry at night, have a salad with fat free dressing, or just lemon on it. Try to eat veggies, cause they're good in fiber.

COMPLEX CARBS= lentils, black beans, whole grain foods, whole wheat bread, whole wheat pasta, etc.

FIBROUS CARBS= spinach, broccoli, zucchini etc etc etc (veggies in general)

Look at the back of every package you buy. Try to eat 5-6 meals a day, (most of the calories and the rest in the first part of the day, and low cal during night time.)

If you don't have time to eat, have a protein shake.

try it for a month. Don't give up before that.

Hopefully it will work for you

Closed Thread