It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• I need to lose weight for health reasons!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-12-2007, 12:31 AM   #1
    bubblegirl
    Veteran
    (female)

bubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB User
    Unhappy I need to lose weight for health reasons!

Hi there everyone! I'm new to these boards- I have just been diagnosed with gastric reflux & really must lose some weight! I weigh 194lbs and I'm only 5ft 3ins! I really need to lose about 70lbs to be in a healthy weight range.

I'm a bit limited in what foods I eat because of the symptoms, but I'm basically trying to eat a lot less. I'm using a small plate for dinner & cutting down on fats, & not eating any cakes, take away food or alcohol.

Any suggestions from anyone would be greatly apprieciated! I have a long way to go!
    :

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2007, 05:20 PM   #2
    Jenteal
    Inactive
    (female)

Jenteal HB User
    Re: I need to lose weight for health reasons!

Start exercising. That along with watching your cal, fat, car, and prot intake. The more protein you take in the more fat you burn. Stay away from fried, greasy food. Watch your sugar intake along with white foods as well. They are full of starch, yeast and salt.

Jenteal

Old 03-13-2007, 06:06 PM   #3
    marie15
    (female)

marie15 HB User

Always eating healthy is a given and exercise also. I have always used these tricks to fool myself while on a diet. They have always worked for me:
    ~ Eat off a smaller plate, no matter what you are eating it will look like more, don't make dinner time a sad time enjoy.
    ~Get some ulgy blue plates to eat off of. I know this sounds really strange but our brains are programed to think that blue is poison and eating off a blue plate will make you eat less. Believe me it works.
    ~Choose a day to go off your diet. This is a huge key to staying on. You will look foward to that day and if you are good all week then enjoy.
    ~What I do all week is keep a large plastic bag. All week whatever I want that is not on my diet I put that in the bag. At the end of the week on my day off. I can eat anything out of that bag. You can eat the entire bag if you want. In all the years that I have done this I have never eaten the entire bag. Think of it this way if you had, had all the stuff in the bag over the week that would be bad but a few things to keep you going is o.k.
    ~weigh yourself often Good luck

Old 03-13-2007, 07:01 PM   #4
    Jenteal
    Inactive
    (female)

Jenteal HB User

I don't agree with weighing your self at all.
    You put on weight when you work out. So the scale will go up and you will get discourged. Muscle weighs more than fat. Go by how your clothes fit. If they start feeling loose then you are loosing weight.

Jenteal

Old 03-14-2007, 04:05 AM   #5
    bubblegirl
    Veteran
    (female)

bubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB User

Thanx so much for the suggestions! I have joined a Gym & have a program to follow now. I'll do this 3 or 4 times a week. I also wear a pedometer now & my aim is to walk 10.000 steps each day! I'll have a look around for a blue plate! re weighing, I only have some rather old & inaccurate scales, but they weighed me at the Gym when I joined up! Perhaps I'll get thme to weigh me further down the track! Thanx again!

Closed Thread