It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

This sounds crazy-but just listen

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2007, 09:42 AM   #1
happygolucky55
(female)

happygolucky55 HB User
Question This sounds crazy-but just listen

I want my muscles to astrophize. I am 5'1, female and very muscular. I have done dance/gymnastics thru out my whole life. Now that I am older 35 (and had 2 children) I weigh 148 lbs... my bottom half is between a 2 and 4 and the top is a m/l (I have big boobs) I had my body comp. done (as well as my BRM) and I am about 110 of muscle. I had have cosmetic surgery and was told my the doctor that I was "very dense" From the back I look so broad and I really would like to cut some of my muscle. I just don't know how...I know people will say I need muscle to burn fat, but I that is secondary (since most of it has been sucked out...yes gross but anyway) I eat between 1200-1500 calories (calorie cycling) I exercise 5 days a week (wearing a heart monitor)...I really would like some input on how to just decrease/cut some of the bulk from my muscles...fyi (I really do not like meat...which I know builds muscle)... but I will try anything...thanks in advance...I appreciate it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2007, 11:51 AM   #2
chevyman
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User
Re: This sounds crazy-but just listen

I'm not sure what to say here?
Remember our bodys change as we get older and having children increases those changes...
maybe your just a big bone person and you stand out as musclar? in your eyes!
if you exercise regular and your not doing weight trainning? maybe you need to slow down on the exercise? usally exercise builds some muscle but not like weights, but if you watch your diet, and exercise then you should look and feel better, and you can't just lse over night it takes time to lose /build muscle...if you fel fine then don't worry so much with it...

Last edited by chevyman; 03-12-2007 at 12:00 PM.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:55 PM   #3
bubblegirl
Veteran
(female)

bubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB User

Surely the muscles wont stay as big if they aren't exercised so much? I'm battling to get enough muscle, & just 2 weeks off from attending the Gym & they seem significantly smaller! Perhaps tone down the Gym work a bit.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:28 PM   #4
happygolucky55
(female)

happygolucky55 HB User

Thanks for the replies...I haven't lifted for about a year in a half...and I actually stopped running (been walking because of surgeries)..so walking 5 times a week (I am only burning around 200-300 now as opposed to when I was running)...so I am not sure what else to do...anyone else

Old 03-12-2007, 05:20 PM   #5
LisaFaith
Veteran
(female)

LisaFaith HB User

I was a gymnast and a dancer for a long time also (more dancer than gymnast though ) and I am 34. I haven't danced in a long, long, long time now and I still have fairly large thighs and calves. I think that developing the type of muscles that we do because of our sports determined that we will probably always have them! Try taking your measurement, and ONLY walking everyday, and measure again after about a month. If you lift weights or do lots of high impact cardio, you'll keep your muscles the way they are. I have seen celebrities that have bulked up for a movie and then slimmed back down, but their bulk-up was done over a short amount of time. I don't know if it's possible when you've been building and maintaining those muscles for such a long time. Let me know if you find anything that works though!

Closed Thread