It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

Hoodia 57 Question?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2007, 12:44 PM   #1
Prestige
(female)

Prestige HB User
Hoodia 57 Question?

This is my back on track day using Hoodia 57, does it make you go to the bathroom alot, because when I drink alot of water, I stay in the bathroom,

Last edited by Prestige; 03-14-2007 at 12:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2007, 02:06 PM   #2
tUrRrRa
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Hoodia 57 Question?

When I took Hoodia (a different kind though) I did have to go to the bathroom a LOT! I think it really helps you not feel bloated.. so when you drnik all that water it goes right through you.

Old 03-17-2007, 04:46 PM   #3
DNSX3
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User

I was totally bloated, I started taking my Hoodia, I went to the bathroom ALOT, and took the bloating away! Hopefu;;y, it will help take the weight away again!!!!!

Old 03-19-2007, 06:19 AM   #4
Prestige
(female)

Prestige HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tUrRrRa View Post
When I took Hoodia (a different kind though) I did have to go to the bathroom a LOT! I think it really helps you not feel bloated.. so when you drnik all that water it goes right through you.
What kind of Hoodia did you take, I took Hoodia 57?

Old 03-19-2007, 07:58 PM   #5
tUrRrRa
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
What kind of Hoodia did you take, I took Hoodia 57?
I took the 10 Day Hoodia Diet. I got them at Walmart and they were under $10.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:55 PM   #6
boicrazy3188
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

The only "pure" real hoodia you can get is online, and even then you have to do ALOT of research to make sure it's pure and real. The stuff you buy at wal-mart or walgreens is nothing but fillers like green tea and fiber...

Old 03-21-2007, 09:07 PM   #7
Jenteal
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

Hoodia is a natural substance that literally takes your appetite away. It is derived from a plant in Africa. It is from a catus like plant. The only place in the world where hoodia grows wild is in the Kalahari Desert of South Africa.

Hoodia doesn't stimulate at all. Experts say it fools the brain by making you think youíre full, even if you've eaten just a cracker.

Jenteal

Old 03-22-2007, 05:31 PM   #8
Jenteal
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

I have not tried Hoodia nor looked at the bottles in stores. I was anorexic and bulimic from around the age of 19 to 25. The pill makes you think you are full. I think Hoodia would have a very good chance of sending me back down that eating disorder road.

All I know is what I read in books, magazines and hear on tv. I try not to pick quick fixes like Hoodia and Dexatrim among others. Sorry I can not answer your question.

Jenteal

Old 03-23-2007, 07:55 AM   #9
Lenin
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Do you think the name is a play on HEINZ 57...probably works as well too.

Old 03-24-2007, 08:52 PM   #10
boicrazy3188
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

I am about to try "desert burn" which has proof that it's "real and pure" hoodia. I bought it online and should get it by monday or tuesday. I will take it and let you all know if it works. The stuff I bought is actually a liquid that I drink with water. It was cheaper then the pill, and is said to be 10x more effective then the pill because it goes directly on your togune.

Most if not all the stuff you buy in stores is junk. Thats why it's $10 or $20 or $30. The real stuff can only be found online right now. I don't know why this is, but I guess the real stuff is "Desert Burn" "hoodia hoodia" and "hoodoba".

I guess hoodia is the "herbal" phentermine so to say that it turns your brain off of thinking it's always hungry. Like I said, I will try it out and let you all know how it goes. I did use phentermine for about 6 months, so I will compare it to that.

Last edited by moderator2; 03-24-2007 at 08:55 PM.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:59 PM   #11
Jenteal
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

Phentermine has causes people to have heart problems. Hoodia there is so far no negative side effects.
However, Hoodia is not instant. In some people it can take weeks for the plant to begin to work.

I dug deep and found a site that says it's impossible to know if a hoodia product contains pure hoodia and the purported active ingredient. Different hoodia companies use counterfeit or stolen CITES certificates to make you think that it's a legit site. 80% of Hoodia sold online is not real.

Hoodia is a plant that is difficult to grow and takes four to five years in a very hot environment to mature. The Convention of International Trade in Endangered Species (an international agreement between governments to ensure that harvest operations and trade of wild plant and animal specimens doesn't threaten their survival) imposed trade controls on hoodia in October 2004. In order to grow it you need a permit. The real stuff cost more than the Walmart brands becuase of the limit supply.

Companies can raise the price to what ever they want. Once they use up all the plants it takes 4-5 years to grow another plant. The demand for it all around the world by far succeeds the quanity that is actually avavible.

Jenteal

I checked out the Dessert Burn and though it claims that it is the real deal again they could have stolen the CITES certificates to make you think that it's legit. At the bottom of the page it says that the FDA has not approved the statements on the site.

Jenteal

Old 03-25-2007, 12:33 PM   #12
boicrazy3188
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenteal View Post
Phentermine has causes people to have heart problems.
I don't know where you found that, but that is totally false. fen-phen caused problems, but that was the ephedrine. Phentermine hits the brain directly and doesn't have anything to do with your heart or the restof your system. I took it for 6 months and never EVER had a problem with my heart speeding up or feeling jittery. Phen has been used for over 40 years by doctors. You really think they would still be prescribing it if it caused heart problems?

As for desert burn, I read up on it and I have only read positive reviews. I have read a few that siad it didn't work for them, but what works for everyone? Sure they could have falsified the cites report, but again everywhere I read people say its the real deal, even doctors. So, I'm giving it a try and I'll let you all know how it works.

Last edited by boicrazy3188; 03-25-2007 at 12:35 PM.

Old 03-25-2007, 02:22 PM   #13
DNSX3
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User
Red face Re: Hoodia 57 Question?

Hey all! I spoke very highly about Hoodia57 when I started it...I lost 3 pounds the first day. I went from 129 to 121....within 2 weeks, then HALT ...nothing. I stopped it, I started it again....nothing worked.Im sittin here at 125...and misriable! Ive even take 6 a day!!! NOTHING happened! Im soooo disapointed! I thought for sure I found "the pill".Sorry peeps!

Old 03-25-2007, 10:20 PM   #14
Jenteal
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

In the year 2000 companies stopped producing Phentermine. Phentermine stimulates the central nervous system (nerves and brain), which increases your heart rate and blood pressure and decreases your appetite.
People that are sensitive have heart problems.
My mother is so sensitive to alcohol that she can not even take Nyquil.

You are not suppose to take Phen if you have heart disease or high blood pressure; hardening of the arteries;
have glaucoma; or an MAOI in the last 14 days.

In one report it was reported that phentermine alters the way the brain chemical serotonin is metabolized, which we all know by now butit also said that the serotonin that circulates in the blood can cause valve injury.

It can happen does not mean it will happen. Each person is different. You can research it for yourself.

I took the real ephedrine for years then till they pulled it off the market. Then I took the herbal and they pulled that off the larket too. I never h ad any problem but I know people that have racing hearts and had to go to the ER. Things that give a negative reaction on one person may never have a negative reaction on another.

It's all trial and error. The only thing I know for sure is that eating right and exercising are the 2 things that are the best way to loose weight.

There is no diet pill without side effects.

Jenteal

Old 04-12-2007, 09:29 AM   #15
frankiesmom
(female)

frankiesmom HB User

[QUOTE=boicrazy3188;2881479]I don't know where you found that, but that is totally false. fen-phen caused problems, but that was the ephedrine. Phentermine hits the brain directly and doesn't have anything to do with your heart or the restof your system. I took it for 6 months and never EVER had a problem with my heart speeding up or feeling jittery. Phen has been used for over 40 years by doctors. You really think they would still be prescribing it if it caused heart problems?

Check your wording, dear. It was the fenfleuramine (if that's spelled right) combined with the phentermine that caused the heart problems. I, too, took phen-fen and it did wonders for me, so I hear you on that part. I think it was the people that had heart problems in the first place that got it anyway, with disregard to the warnings (same for ephedra) and screwed it up for the rest of us, ha.

Closed Thread