It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Ephedra Based Diet Pill

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-20-2007, 05:53 PM   #1
    a_audsley
    (female)

a_audsley HB User
    Ephedra Based Diet Pill

Ok, I ordered an ephedra based diet pill called "Black Ice" and I was just curious what others had for results using this pill. How much weight have you lost and in how much time?? Also if you have a negative comment please dont post one, I dont want to hear about how "bad" ephedra is for you, I've already heard it all. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2007, 07:33 PM   #2
    Jenteal
    Inactive
    (female)

Jenteal HB User
    Re: Ephedra Based Diet Pill

I use to take ephedra for years till they took it off the market. Then I found it at local gas stations for truckers. The used it to keep awake while on the road. They were called Mini Thins. Sadly the FDA yanked them off too you can still but Mini Thins but it's synthetic stuff. No good. My Xendrine and Hydroxycut is so not as good as it use to be. On a sclae of 1-10 they are a 3 compared to the old version.

I can not even buy the herbal as it was yanked off the shelves too at the GNC and other health food stores I have tried.

If this is truly the real stuff please let me know cause I will buy it in a heart beat. I have not heard of it but will go look it up in just a sec.

Jenteal

Old 03-21-2007, 07:54 PM   #3
    Jenteal
    Inactive
    (female)

Jenteal HB User

K I found out that Ephedra and Ephedrine is derived from a plant known as Squaw tea or Mormon tea. Ephedra from the plant, which is found in the southwestern United States, isn't as potent as that from China and India. American Indians drank it to help stop bleeding.

The advertise real Ephedra on the internet under that name or Ephedrine but I am always afraid that it's a hoax.

Jenteal

Old 03-23-2007, 03:11 PM   #4
    a_audsley
    (female)

a_audsley HB User

Well on the back of the bottle this is what it says: Ma Huang Extract (standardized to 25 mg ephedrine), Kola Nut Extract (standardized for 150 mg of caffeine), Bitter Orange (standardized for 200 mcg of synephrine), *Gugulipid ® (standardized from the olegum resin 150 mcg), Korean Ginseng, White Willow, Extract Salicylic acid, Ginger Extract, L-Carnitine Hcl, Cayenne and Chromium Picolinate.
    ???? Does this mean it is the orginal ephedra??

Old 04-19-2007, 08:10 PM   #5
    rai-guy
    (male)

rai-guy HB User

Ephedra has been taken off the market almost completely in Canada and the United States. I am not entirely sure what the restrictions are in the US, but in Canada, the highest dosage a single pill can contain is 30mg of ephedrine.

Ephedra is the general drug, ephedrine is the actual specific chemical that acts upon your body.

Most likely this diet lose pill does contain ephedrine, the FDA is even more specific on companies listing the actual contents of the pills then they are on how much of something is in the pill.

The downside is that ephendrine in that low of a dosage will not be very effective at all. Previous studies conducted before ephedrine was pulled from the shelves show that you need much higher levels of ephedrine in your system to encourage fat loss. I would suggest that if you really want to use this pill, that you start with the recommended dosage, and slowly increase till you find a dosage that shows significant impacts to your weight loss. Don't expects to be losing pounds per week, many people are fooled into thinking that they will lose the weight overnight. Measure it out by months and see if where the change occurs. Once you hit a dosage that significantly increases your wieght loss to your satisfaction than stop increasing the dosage, if you do you greatly increase your risk of injury.

Ephedrine is not as dangerous as it is made out to be, the reason that it was pulled from the shelves is that many people were abusing the drug. They took huge amounts of it in order to rapidly lose weight, or greatly increase gains in muscle mass.

Many "organic" foods and nuitrition stores that are not branches of major-corporations tend to carry ephedrine, a good example of two such places in Canada is "Mother Nature's Food" and "Biomax". The first was a store that i used to believe only the hippies and diabetics went to, the second is a private weightlifting nutrion store. Both had ephedrine products. Many times you will find pills containing just ephedrine that are labelled for other uses such as: "Nasal congestion". It is still strait ephedrine, the same kind you would find in weight loss pills, they just contain less milligrams than before the FDA banned it. Generally if you are buying ephedrine pills, if they contain only ephedrine they tend to look like regular tylenol (circular and white; caulky) but they are less than half the size.

I must rapidly stress that you should not go above the comfort level once you find it. Generally if you take too high of a dosage you will feel it. You heart tends to feel funny, almost painful, and you can tell that it is beating very rapidly. The amount you take will depend solely upon yourself, and what your comfort level is with it.

I, myself, take 150mg of ephedrine (5 30mg tablets) before each workout session.

Also be careful when stacking ephedrine with caffeine. The majority of cases were negative side effects occured, was when people used large amounts of ephedrine in conjunction with large amounts of caffeine.

I have heard of the pill "Black Ice" back in one of the old weightlifting mags I have managed to procure. After exams are concluded I will look for the drug and get back to you on it.

Closed Thread