It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• 6 week body makeover!? HUH

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-21-2007, 08:16 PM   #1
    ctnc1234
    (female)

ctnc1234 HB User
    Unhappy 6 week body makeover!? HUH

I bought the M. Thermand 6 wk. body makeover a year ago, and have tried to do it at least 4 times! I just can't stick to it. For my body type, I should stay away from, sugar, salt, bread, and any can foods. HELP! I am a fat girl, trying to stay away from all the foods I love...you know what happens when you can't have sugar, salt, or any bread! Within a month, 10 more pounds to lose, due to the binging! Any advise?

CT

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2007, 10:41 PM   #2
    viccles
    Veteran
    (female)

viccles HB User
    Re: 6 week body makeover!? HUH

I wouldn't believe those diets. Just eat everything in moderation

Old 05-22-2007, 06:30 AM   #3
    bassfisher74133
    (male)

bassfisher74133 HB User

his diet is unrealistic for someone that just decides to pick up a diet and get going and honestly even if you did complete the 6 weeks you will never be able to keep up with that type of lifestyle.
    I have tried his diet and lasted only two weeks (I was starving the entire time) I decided that even if I did complete his diet there was no way I was going to be able to keep it up

since then I have started the Adkins Diet and have lost 50 lbs (5 months) and I have kept a clean bill of health the entire time (I still have 50lbs to go) but the doctor wants me to do the isagenix diet every other month to keep my inner body pure of all bad toxins that are hidden in our meats.
    The isagenix diet is known to make you lose 20lbs so I plan to try it out in the next few weeks.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:45 AM   #4
    ctnc1234
    (female)

ctnc1234 HB User

Is the Adkins diet hard? I am really REALLY desperate! I honestly don't think of anything else all day long, but what am I going to eat, and is it going to help me lose...or gain.

I know their is no miracle thing to eat or do to make you lose weight, but their has to be something!! I have had my thyroid checked, and have had a physical exam. The only thing wrong with me is I'm a large girl who can't say no to food. Any advise about how to go about getting up from the table, and how to say no to the chocolate cake. I have two young kids and a snack-aholic husband (who weighs about 1/2 a pound) the junk is always around, and I am at will power ZERO! Please HELP!

God bless you and Thank you in advance!

Old 05-23-2007, 12:53 PM   #5
    viccles
    Veteran
    (female)

viccles HB User

Atkins diet is a short term solution and I wouldn't reccomend it. Low calorie diets seem to work the best with eating good quality fruit veg, wholegrains, low fat protein etc

Old 05-23-2007, 07:48 PM   #6
    keeprogresin'
    (male)

keeprogresin' HB User

permanent weight lose does not depend on a quick diet. its a lifestyle change. say you want to lose 10 pounds and you do it on the 6 week makeover, well are you gonna go back to the same old eating habits as before and expect to keep the weight off? Not that easy. You gotta continue to incorporate the same good habits that you used while on the makeover for the rest of your life. personally i dont pay any attention to the diets and pills they sell on tv.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:04 PM   #7
    ctnc1234
    (female)

ctnc1234 HB User

Your all right! I guess common sence isn't given to everyone. LOL
    No...I don't want to eat like a mouse for the rest of my life, and yes...I have the SUCKER ticker going across my forhead. I am the poster child for the diet corp. I think I have tried everything their is on the market, spent hundreds of dollars, maybe even a couple of thousand. Yeah...it's that bad!

But I guess what I need can't be bought, it has to be learned. How? What do I need to do first. I am so confussed with all the different diet angles, I don't know where to begin, and where to go from their. Low cal, and exercise? Is that it, can I eat what I want, or watch out for carbs? High protien? Run or walk? I honestly don't know where to begin, which is the right way to go about it? EEEEK!!

CT

Old 05-23-2007, 08:44 PM   #8
    bassfisher74133
    (male)

bassfisher74133 HB User

LONG but worth reading ctnc1234

Everyone has there opinion about the Adkins diet and honestly they are entitled to there opinion but the Adkins is the only diet that has worked for me, my family and my friends so to answer your question ctnc1234...
    Yes, it is a easy diet to follow, just for the simple fact that you wont feel as if your starving yourself everyday.

Now ctnc1234 Truthfully the Low calorie diet is the best way to diet, but… when you’re a overweight person your body will ach in hunger if you try to change your eating habits from a anything you want to a 1300-1500 calorie a day diet… and honestly your hunger will lead you to aggravation which will lead to you quitting your diet all together (at least that’s how I was) and that’s not want you want to do.

so ctnc1234 here is what I would recommend for you. use the Adkins diet to accomplish the fast weight loss (that would make you happy) then when you feel as if you can handle the calorie diet switch to it. i think this plan will work for you.

remember if you put your mind to something you can accomplish anything.

Last edited by bassfisher74133; 05-23-2007 at 08:57 PM.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:05 PM   #9
    ctnc1234
    (female)

ctnc1234 HB User

OKAY Bassfisher....The atkins diet consist of not eating any carbs, right? No bread, no potatoe, no sugar, no rice, no pasta...what do you eat that keeps you not feeling hungry? I'm not sure an egg, with a side of cheese is going to keep me satisfied, or will it? This one I've never tried. I just thought their is no way I can live without bread, so I never tried. Does the weight come off quickly, or slow? Sorry....I know I ask a lot of questions, I just want to know what I am doing if I am going to give this any real effort. One more question, if this is that diet that you don't eat any carbs, what happens when you've lost all the weight you want to lose and you eat carbs?

Thanks for taking the time to reply! Your great! CT

Old 05-25-2007, 01:09 PM   #10
    viccles
    Veteran
    (female)

viccles HB User

I'd really give a low calorie diet a go. Its not too hard. Plus you don't have to cut out your fav foods, just factor them into your calorie intake. Of course a chocolate bar will take up much more than something healthy!

Old 05-25-2007, 05:39 PM   #11
    ctnc1234
    (female)

ctnc1234 HB User

I want to eat, what I want to eat, in moderation. But I have this problem...when I start eating that yummy stuff, I can't control my portion. I eat, and eat, and eat, until I am full....Of whatever I am eating, or worse yet, till it's gone!

I can't believe I don't weight like 500 lbs. I guess I'm working on it.

Monday morning I am starting fresh....with some kind of new eating habit.....

Thanks again...all of you! CT

Old 06-05-2007, 03:27 PM   #12
    Guy1_USA
    Inactive
    (male)

Guy1_USA HB User

The Atkins diet is great. You do get to eat more than just meat, eggs, and cheese. You can pretty much eat any veggie you want and salad... these are all low in carbs.

Yes... once on the Atkins diet, your cravings for sweets and food go away. I attribute this to the protien and fat in the diet... both of which are satiating.

Carbs are not. I know that the more carbs I eat... the more carbs I want to eat.

I lost 1/2 lb a day on this diet... but I also did 30 minutes of spinning each day as well. Just drink plenty of water. It's a good diet. My downfall is that I crave a cocktail every now and then, and cocktails make me crave carbs. If I stopped drinking for life, Atkins would be very easy for me.

Give it a try... I did it for about a year... lost 35 lbs... felt great.

Closed Thread