It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• anyone tried Alli??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-19-2007, 09:01 AM   #16
    FromSqueaky
    Inactive
    (female)

FromSqueaky HB User
    Re: anyone tried Alli??

I read it was the same side effects as Olean. I ate those chips.... the WOW chips. It gave me greasy stools. When I thought I only needed to pass gas I was I wrong. It was actually fatty greasy clear jelly stuff that came out.

I'm glad I was home cause that would have been VERY embarrassing. I did have to change my clothes. After a few weeks I guess my body became adjusted to it cause the side effects stopped happening whenever I'd eat them. I'd have solid stools but you could see the beads of oil in them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2007, 10:16 AM   #17
    scorp
    (female)

scorp HB User

I have used them since yesterday. I did eat alot of fat last night because i was out. yeah i did go to the bathroom alot in the morning but not uncontrollably. im ok now ,i have eaten low fat today so that could be why. with all i ate last night i thought i would of gained this morning.I didnt. I didnt lose but at least i didnt gain.Ill keep you all posted on it.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:18 AM   #18
    kewlgirl
    (female)

kewlgirl HB User

I started Alli yesterday and only ate 10g of fat in my first meal on it and did okay. I was a little gassy and the stool was a little loose but not terrible.

I eat a lot of fruits & veggies in between my main meals to fill in the gaps.

My body is still adjusting. If anything, it prevents me from eating foods I love to eat but are bad for me.

Hope to see good results over time...not looking for a quick fix.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:36 AM   #19
    scorp
    (female)

scorp HB User

Good luck to you. keep us posted on how you do..i will!

Old 06-20-2007, 09:06 AM   #20
    twiceblessed
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

twiceblessed HB User

I have been taking it twice a day (lunch/dinner) since Friday and have had ZERO of the nasty side effects so far. Not even slightly looser stools. And that includes the two fast food meals I had!

Old 06-20-2007, 08:23 PM   #21
    NineLives
    Veteran
    (female)

NineLives HB User

I've been taking it since last Friday evening. Had no trouble until today. I have been eating very low fat food, but yesterday had grilled cheese sandwich for lunch and then spaghetti with hamburger in it at supper. Today had a cup of coffee in the morning then had oatmeal with skim milk. Soon after I went to the restroom and passed the fat from the night before. Later in the day after a low fat lunch I was working and suddenly passed a bit of gas that didn't know was going to happen and I did pass a bit of oily greasy stuff. Immediately ran to the bathroom and tried to correct the mishap. Tonight I ate very low fat again at supper ( grilled chicken breast, broccoli and some bing cherries. Major gas! no more oily accidents. If you plan to take this stuff don't even think about eating even slightly high fat food if you are going to be away from home. I think the problems today all stemmed from the two fat meals yesterday because up to that point I had 0 diarhea. It may be also that the medicine takes a few days to really do what it's suppose to do. I will continue to take it, but I've stocked my fridge with veggies fruits fish and chicken. I am not what you would call obese, but I am slightly overweight and have been more overweight in the past before I lost 40 pounds on Weight Watchers. I ate a diet low in fat previous to starting the Alli but had kind of gotten to a plateau on my weight loss. I've got a vacation at the beach coming up in 2 weeks and I only plan to take it until then. I walk about 40 minutes every evening. Good luck if you decide to try it. I weighed myself on a Wednesday, started the pill on Friday evening. As of Wednesday I've lost 2 pounds.

Last edited by NineLives; 06-20-2007 at 08:34 PM. Reason: corrected a confusing portion of the reply

Old 06-21-2007, 06:32 AM   #22
    deinee
    Inactive
    (female)

deinee HB User

I have been on Alli for one week with no problems. I have been scared straight to watch my fat grams closely so I don't have any accidents. On Alli's website I have read where some women are taking a fiber capsule in the am to help with loose stools and it is really helping. Someones doctor had rec. that when she was on Xenical before. I am like you ninelives, we leave on vacation in 2 weeks and don't want to chance a problem so I will stop a day or two in advance.
    I know this is not a magic pill. I could lose weight with reducing my calories and eating low fat, but the pill keeps me honest. I know once that pill goes down my throat, I have to be good. Motivation has been a big problem for me and I think Alli will help that. Good luck to anyone trying Alli. Ann

Old 06-21-2007, 02:15 PM   #23
    NineLives
    Veteran
    (female)

NineLives HB User

I agree that it certainly keeps you honest. It was baked fish for me at supper time along with veggies and fruits. I am noticing alot of gas and I wonder if the fiber pill might even make that worse. The gas could also be coming from the veggies and fruits because they are easy for me to over indulge in as well.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:40 PM   #24
    ariesgirly
    (female)

ariesgirly HB User

I only need to lose 10 pounds. WOuld any of you recommend this? I don't eat a lot of fat, but I do have stomach issues & take prevacid...

Old 06-21-2007, 07:13 PM   #25
    deinee
    Inactive
    (female)

deinee HB User

I would like tosay that I will lose 20 pounds on Alli, but in reality I will be happy with 10 or 15 pounds. I would try it for only 1o pounds. Ninelives, I have noticed alot of gas too and I am not taking a fiber pill. I think it is all the veggies. I have not been a great veggie eater in the past, so my system is probably confused! I am urinating alot too, so some water weight must be coming off. Yesterday and today my appetite has gone down alittle. I know Alli doesn't have anything in it to curb my appetite, but something is helping my cravings. Hope you do well, I want this to be the last time I go on the weight loss merry-go-round! Ann

Old 06-21-2007, 07:30 PM   #26
    NineLives
    Veteran
    (female)

NineLives HB User

I'm wanting to lose about 10 pounds also. If you have stomach issues like gallbladder probs the warnings specifically mention that. I've not had any acid reflux with it. Cruisers my appetite has not been too bad either. I had just mentioned that to my husband tonight. I've thought about taking maybe some GasX along with my meal. I'm peeing alot too, but I think that goes with eating high protein like chicken and fish.
    Ariesgirly the main thing with it that I have found is that you have to commit to cutting back fats. I had heart bypass surgery at age 41 so I cut back on fat 6 years ago so it was really easy for me.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:37 PM   #27
    nicollew
    (female)

nicollew HB User

I just started my pills today. I ate normally and no side effects. If anything, I went LESS than usual but we'll see about tomorrow. i usually eat worse on weekends than during the week so we'll see how this all pans out.

I want to lose about 10 pounds as well. Hope this helps.

I brought my multivitamin home to take at night.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:11 PM   #28
    chevyman
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chevyman HB User

I was thinking the FDA bann this?
    or some other RX that they bann because of the side effects, mainly causing depression.
    I'm not sure if it was this one or not. I just seen it on the news last week.

Old 06-22-2007, 04:31 AM   #29
    angeleyesinga
    (female)

angeleyesinga HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chevyman View Post
    I was thinking the FDA bann this?
    or some other RX that they bann because of the side effects, mainly causing depression.
    I'm not sure if it was this one or not. I just seen it on the news last week.
    Hey Chevy:

The one I think you are thinking of is "Acomplia"? Alli causes diarhhea, neither have good side effects! Hearing about Alli and the treatment effects as they call them scares me! Maybe thats the catch? lol dunno

Old 06-22-2007, 05:24 AM   #30
    kewlgirl
    (female)

kewlgirl HB User

I visit the Alli website and they too are saying they urinate more and are less hungry....same symptoms here.

It is working! Was 180 last week, am now 177. Eating 1200 calories a day and working out at the gym 30 minutes a day.

Closed Thread