It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• anyone tried Alli??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-22-2007, 05:58 AM   #31
    deinee
    Inactive
    (female)

deinee HB User
    Re: anyone tried Alli??

Alli was approved by the FDA for over the counter sale in April. Diarrhea is a side effect if you go over 30% fat daily from your calories. I think most us who started taking Alli realized if you don't stay on track you will pay, but I needed something to make me accountable. If I could lose weight without any help I would weight 125! Even if I never lose one pound I am learning that low fat eating isn't that bad, hopefully I will be able to continue after I stop Alli. I have been on Alli for over a week now with zero side effects. This won't be for everyone, nothing ever is. To those who choose to take Alli, I wish you good luck. We should check in here every so often to see how everyone's doing. Ann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2007, 02:49 PM   #32
    shucky ducky
    Veteran
    (male)

shucky ducky HB User

Know what guys? I experience many of those same side effects when I sit up and eat crap and high fat foods all day. So I'm certainly not going to let those same side effects deter me from taking Alli. If you're keeping your fat grams between 15 and 18 per meal, then you should not have those side effects.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:06 AM   #33
    jess1866
    (female)

jess1866 HB User

I bought it this weekend at Wal-Mart for $50- which is about a month's supply of pills. There is also a cookbook out there for those on Alli, it has quite a few low calorie and low fat recipes so it's obviously good for anyone trying to lose weight- on Alli or not.

I took my first pill this morning and had a very healthy breakfast full of protein and fruit. This pill's side effects do scare me to make sure the fat content of my food is low. I'm excited to see what this pill will do for me. I do not plan on being on it for more than a month since only want to lose about 15-20 pounds.

I'm hoping this month gives me a total of 10 pounds lost since Alli is supposed to help you lost 50% MORE weight in addition to diet and exercise which will help me lose 4-8 pounds, so with Alli I can healthily lose 6-12 pounds.

The past few times I have tried to lose weight I have done well with eating and exercise but the weight just didn't seem to come off. I don't know about you guys but my biggest motivating factor is progress- if I see I lost 4 pounds I am determined to lose more and definitely not gain.

I'm not using this as a miracle drug, just something to help me out in the initial stages of setting up my lifestyle change. I honestly think that's the way to go with Alli.

Good luck to all- Alli takers or not.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:08 AM   #34
    jess1866
    (female)

jess1866 HB User

I bought it this weekend at Wal-Mart for $50- which is about a month's supply of pills. There is also a cookbook out there for those on Alli, it has quite a few low calorie and low fat recipes so it's obviously good for anyone trying to lose weight- on Alli or not.

I took my first pill this morning and had a very healthy breakfast full of protein and fruit. This pill's side effects do scare me to make sure the fat content of my food is low. I'm excited to see what this pill will do for me. I do not plan on being on it for more than a month since I only want to lose about 15-20 pounds.

I'm hoping this month gives me a total of 10 pounds lost since Alli is supposed to help you lost 50% MORE weight in addition to diet and exercise which will help me lose 4-8 pounds, so based on that 50% help from Alli I can healthily lose 6-12 pounds.

The past few times I have tried to lose weight I have done well with eating and exercise but the weight just didn't seem to come off. I don't know about you guys but my biggest motivating factor is progress- if I see I lost 4 pounds I am determined to lose more and definitely not gain.

I'm not using this as a miracle drug, just something to help me out in the initial stages of setting up my lifestyle change. I honestly think that's the way to go with Alli.

Good luck to all- Alli takers or not.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:41 AM   #35
    shucky ducky
    Veteran
    (male)

shucky ducky HB User

I started this past Friday. Zero side-effects thus far!

Old 06-25-2007, 02:17 PM   #36
    ali1231
    (female)

ali1231 HB User

Hi Just got back from the dr. I asked him about alli and he told me to take it since I want to lose 10-15 pounds, he said also If you have problems with cholestrol it will help with that also. He is taking it also and has had No problems. So I will try it after I have test run at the hospital tom. Good luck.

Alicia

Old 06-26-2007, 07:03 AM   #37
    jess1866
    (female)

jess1866 HB User

Day 1 is over for me- had no side effects but I ate very healthy minus the fact that my dinner might have had a bit too many fat grams.

*******This next part is a bit graphic*************

This morning, beginning of day 2 I went to the bathroom and while nothing crazy or horrible happened, I did notice little fat/oil droplets in the toilet water. It was actually pretty cool because it's pretty much seeing alli work with my own eyes.

Like I said I was pretty good day 1 eating wise and jogged/walked 3 miles in about 42 minutes.

I'm really excited about Alli now!

Old 06-26-2007, 09:46 AM   #38
    deinee
    Inactive
    (female)

deinee HB User

For the first time in almost 2 weeks, I noticed the same "orange oil" this am. No diarrhea, normal bm, just a few drops of the oil. I went over yesterday, had about 35% of my total calories from fat, that must have been too much. I was almost glad to see the discharge, now I know it is really working! My husband is down almost 6 pounds and he started several days after me. I have not weighed yet, but some clothes feel alittle looser. Hope everyone else is doing ok. Ann

Old 06-26-2007, 03:11 PM   #39
    NineLives
    Veteran
    (female)

NineLives HB User

I don't even see the oil droplets anymore. I have been taking a multivitamin at night and I think it has slowed down my digestive track quite a bit. I'm not even close to having diarrhea. I wil weigh myself tomorrow morning and see if it's still working. I don't think I'm going to see huge weight loss, but if I can just lose a pound or so a week I'll be happy.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:30 PM   #40
    deinee
    Inactive
    (female)

deinee HB User

Good luck Ninelives, hope you see some weight loss. I feel fine, in fact gallbladder discomfort is much better eating low fat and Alli hasn't caused any problem. People wonder how Alli works if you can start or stop whenever you want to. That's true with any medicine, but if I'm going to spend the money I'm going to take it to get the benefits of it. So many people have opinions on Alli when they have not tried it. Maybe it will help me, maybe not, but I'm going to give it the old college try!

Last edited by deinee; 06-26-2007 at 04:31 PM.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:34 PM   #41
    kkmom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kkmom HB User

Hello all, I see some of you have benefited from this med, good luck to all of you! I just took my first pill today and I have already been on a low fat diet, i have been in medifast fir the past 2 weeks so i hope the alli will increase the weight loss with the diet i am on.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:04 AM   #42
    tinytoes
    (female)

tinytoes HB User

this is kinda ewww, gross but.......... has anyone experienced horrible smelling gas? i haven't had the oily mishaps but phew does it stink!

Old 07-06-2007, 07:09 AM   #43
    lam41565
    (female)

lam41565 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tinytoes View Post
    this is kinda ewww, gross but.......... has anyone experienced horrible smelling gas? i haven't had the oily mishaps but phew does it stink!
    I'm starting this tomorrow. I certainly hope I don't get this side effect! Does that happen when you eat more fat then your supposed to?

Old 07-06-2007, 07:14 AM   #44
    lam41565
    (female)

lam41565 HB User

I was just wondering....if you follow the plan by eating only the amount of fat grams you are supposed do.....does Alli still eliminate some of the fat that you do eat??

Old 07-06-2007, 07:37 AM   #45
    meblonde
    (female)

meblonde HB User

I am going to start Alli on Monday June 9th.. I am already on WW so the fat is really low. I don't think if you go over 15g of fat a meal there should be any side effects. (I will be preparded just in case) But it sounds like it you stick to the plan there are no side effects. I wonder if any of you could tell me if the side effect came because you where not 100% with the 15g of fat?
    I am still going to give it a try. If I can lose 10 pounds and alli turns it into 12-15 it will motovate me to stick with it. I need to lose 50 pounds.

Last edited by meblonde; 07-06-2007 at 07:39 AM.

Closed Thread