It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Insurance won't cover gastric bypass...now what? Very desperate, need help.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-01-2007, 11:24 AM   #1
    Unhappygirl74
    (female)

Unhappygirl74 HB User
    Insurance won't cover gastric bypass...now what? Very desperate, need help.

I am 125 pounds heavier than I was when I first got married 12 years ago and I am so freaking miserable. I have lost two children and my marriage isn't good. I do alot of emotional eating and have made my unhappiness worse by being heavier. It's a viscious cycle. I eat because I'm miserable and I'm miserable because I eat. I was so desperate I was seriously ready to go through the gastric bypass. I called my insurance and they do not cover it. I cannot afford to pay for it myself. So what do I do now? I have alot of emotional issues. Like I said earlier I lost two children and can't seem to get past that and I have always suffered with depression (possibly even bipolar). I went to my general doctor and tried to get maybe prescribed medicine to assist my weightloss trials. Turns out my blood pressure is too high for medication like that. I told her that I heard about xenical so she did prescribe that. However I don't know if I even want to try it. I don't take in alot of fattening foods so I'm not sure how much help it could be.
    I guess what might be helpful to me is if anyone is in the same boat as me what have you done to help yourself lose weight?
    Have you tried Xenical? Any weightloss? What type of diet did you do with it?
    Did you take a diet pill despite the high blood pressure?
    Any suggestions would be so very helpful since I am at my wits end and so very sick of being overweight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2007, 02:16 PM   #2
    shucky ducky
    Veteran
    (male)

shucky ducky HB User
    Re: Insurance won't cover gastric bypass...now what? Very desperate, need help.

If you're really serious, try the Food Addicts Diet. A co-worker of mine has been on it for a little over a year and he has lost over 200 lbs.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:38 PM   #3
    Unhappygirl74
    (female)

Unhappygirl74 HB User

I'm not sure what that is but I'll put it into my search and see what I come up with. Thanks.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:54 PM   #4
    chevyman
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chevyman HB User

hi,
    hang in there I'm sure things have been a lot worse for you.
    anywayz go the OH board (Obesityhealth board) ask this question on there about the insurance not covering it. also you need to check with your policy read the fine print because some young girl you may have talked with might have made a mistake? and told you wrong about your coverage, read your policy closely.
    Theres a Dr and his son located in Houston Tx That does this surgery for the people that do qualify and can't afford it.
    I'm not sure there names...go to the OH board.
    Jusat calm down girl your going to be alright when theres a will thers a way.

Closed Thread