It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Alli Users, Did It Work?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-15-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
    shucky ducky
    Veteran
    (male)

shucky ducky HB User
    Alli Users, Did It Work?

Well, it's been a good couple of months since Alli has been on the market and enough time for the folks who started it right away to give us their final thoughts. So, to all of the Alli users who have taken the drug for at least a month, do you feel that it's worth it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2007, 07:00 AM   #2
    Lenin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
    Re: Alli Users, Did It Work?

ducky,

I've been curious too. But remember, orlistat (ALLI) has been available at double strength for years as prescription strength XENICAL so there's probably a lot of data.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:50 AM   #3
    Moldova
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Guys, here i am... a user of Alli for 4 month and nothing happened... I gave up!
    I used to be very fit and gym fanatic person, 5"5 - 118 pd which was not bad.
    Last year I had major spinal surgery with a lot of complications, fool of metal, etc. Forget about excercise, i am lucky i can get up some days from bed. I try to walk, but my walking is very slow so no burning calories.
    I gain 15 pd since my surgery and it bothers me badly. I am a very healthy eather, i stay on 1200-1300 cal a day.
    So i decided to try Alli... let me tell you. This is how it works: you excercise, you lower your calories intake if you had before more than you need, drink a lot of water and you will loose weight and Alli will help you to loose more.
    How? If you eat fatty food, it suppose to have some embarassing side effects. Well, i went on their web and read that people don't get any side effects from it as was promissed. I did not have them either even when i ate peanut butter.... And i read a lot of people don't get it: if you do what you suppose to do as a healthy life style, you will loose your weight anyway, why bother to by Alli? So i stopped taking it. Maybe for larger people who need to loose a lot of weight it would work better, but if they eat right and less, excercising - they will be thiner anyway.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:06 PM   #4
    harley71566
    (female)

harley71566 HB User

I was in the pharmacy with my son yesterday and was reading a brochure on this and am glad that I didn't buy it. I was concerned about the side effects. I have been using a weight loss patch and it seem to be working. I have only been on it for 2 weeks so it is too soon to tell if this is going to be a long term solution or if it is just water weight. I have tried everything and this is all that I have seen results with so far.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:08 PM   #5
    kkmom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kkmom HB User

It did not do anything for me but give me bad gas!

Old 08-18-2007, 08:05 PM   #6
    xAng3lic
    (female)

xAng3lic HB User

I have not tried Alli, so I really can't give anyone a solid opinion...

but as for the people who say it didnt do anything because you have to diet for it to give results - well, its just a supplement. The point of it is to teach healthier dieting habits by using side effects. It does cut out some fat however, I want to say about 20%ish from what I've heard and read, but after you've used it for however long it takes for you to learn those habits, you should be able to keep up the new diet by yourself.. right? Idk, thats just my opnion, I could be wrong. I was thinking of trying it just to keep myself from cheating from guidelines I want to establish for myself. I'm 5'2 & 107 pounds, which is skinny, but I have a horrible diet. I am one of those people who can never gain or lose weight, regardless of what I eat, so alot of the time I eat whatever I want, except for lunchtime, which is usually a salad. I kinda want to try it to improve my diet to make me a bit healthier to go along with excersizing. I would like to know more about the pills before I start them though...

Old 08-21-2007, 08:26 AM   #7
    frankiesmom
    (female)

frankiesmom HB User

I've been taking Alli for about a month now and my conclusion is this: my weakness is carbs so I don't eat much fat. But when I do, of course, that's when I take it. It did not work instantly, however over a few days because I don't eat much fat in the first place. It won't absorb ALL of the fat, just some, so I imagine it is in fact absorbing it, but you won't ELIMINATE it for a few days. But I do feel better if anything. I would use it as not a weight loss product but more as a preventive measure, to keep me from gaining.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:49 PM   #8
    nicollew
    (female)

nicollew HB User

I've been on it for the starter bottle and a couple weeks on the second bottle.

Prior to that, even though exercising and eating right (on and off..more sporadic than anything), my weight was pretty stagnant at 133#

I started taking Alli. Again, I try to eat right but around my period, especially this last one, there were days I could not control my appetite and eating brownies at work, and like 4 pb&J sandwiches at home etc.. I mean..just could not eat enough.

I've always worked out..weights, step classes, aerobics..

Anyway, I've been weighing myself but not regularly but the weight is dropping gradually. I'm now a little over 125 and I do have to say it was effortless.

I also can attribute it to the fact that we are buying one home and selling another so will have 2 mortgages so haven't been getting take out but even eating frozen pizzas at home, dunkin donuts and stuff when I have these awful period cravings i figured I would bounce back badly.. but I am STILL losing.

I don't always take 3 a day. I take them when I know I'll be eating too much fat.

I haven't had any of the bad things they warned about happen if you take it with too much fat.

So anyway, I recommend it.

I don't ALWAYS eat badly..I exercise, eat LOTS of veggies like broccoli and spinach, tomatoes, gazpacho soup, salads, etc but also have carbs like ravioli, spaghetti with soy meatballs, etc.. ..

And occasionally due to hormonal and stress issues I overeat.

But I still continue to lose. I take calcium and a multivitamin (Rainbow Light Advanced Nutritional System) before bed each night.

Really all my years of bad diet pills containing ephedra etc.. I am REALLY seeing gradual results barely even trying so I am very happy with the product.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:57 PM   #9
    nicollew
    (female)

nicollew HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by xAng3lic View Post
    I have not tried Alli, so I really can't give anyone a solid opinion...

but as for the people who say it didnt do anything because you have to diet for it to give results - well, its just a supplement. The point of it is to teach healthier dieting habits by using side effects. It does cut out some fat however, I want to say about 20%ish from what I've heard and read, but after you've used it for however long it takes for you to learn those habits, you should be able to keep up the new diet by yourself.. right? Idk, thats just my opnion, I could be wrong. I was thinking of trying it just to keep myself from cheating from guidelines I want to establish for myself. I'm 5'2 & 107 pounds, which is skinny, but I have a horrible diet. I am one of those people who can never gain or lose weight, regardless of what I eat, so alot of the time I eat whatever I want, except for lunchtime, which is usually a salad. I kinda want to try it to improve my diet to make me a bit healthier to go along with excersizing. I would like to know more about the pills before I start them though...
    Well, most skinny girls I know eat a ton of carbs.. But it is important to eat PLENTY of steamed or microwaved frozen organic (don't even add water so you don't leach out the vitamins) veggies like spinach, broccoli.. huge variety is good.. pasta sauce is good for you..just limit oils.

Anyway, just be sure to try to squeeze in some natural fruits and veggies, preferably organic.

5'2" and 107 is a good weight but remember if you have no muscle and you're in your 30s you could actually lose muscle and bone and that would cause you to lose weight so make sure you're keeping your muscle by lifting weights, adding bone density by impact exercise and calcium supplements. Lots of girls who don't eat right are skinny because their bones are so leached and they have no muscle so don't let that be you.

I'm 5' 5.5" and now 125#. My healthy weight I think is closer to 120 or less. I know 125 seems skinny but I still have a bit of flab and cellulite and I can still see hippy spread so I'm not done yet losing. Some girls my height at 125 are perfect but I'm not. But I also do lift weights and use impact exercise and calcium so will have more bone/muscle than other girls.

My bodyfat averages 15% which is more important than weight. Women only need 12% to cushion organs so anything more is excess.

Closed Thread