It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Water weight - drinking lots

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-21-2007, 12:21 AM   #1
    baldy_1812
    (male)

baldy_1812 HB User
    Water weight - drinking lots

Hi ,

I recently read that drinkn alot of water will help in weight loss, i am trying to consume over 3litres a day, i presume shortly i should be losing water weight, will u see a difference in your body?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2007, 12:27 AM   #2
    Ding
    Veteran
    (female)

Ding HB User
    Re: Water weight - drinking lots

You'll definitely see a difference in your body if you drink more water. It helps move things along in your digestive system, so you should feel and look less bloated, your skin should also look brighter and clearer.
    Drinking more water is one of the most important things you can do for yorself, I feel, in terms of staying healthy and keeping your weight under control

Old 08-21-2007, 03:53 AM   #3
    modert
    Inactive
    (female)

modert HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by baldy_1812 View Post
    Hi ,

I recently read that drinkn alot of water will help in weight loss, i am trying to consume over 3litres a day, i presume shortly i should be losing water weight, will u see a difference in your body?
    In dieting, your goal is NOT to lose water weight - you are trying to lose excess fat. Most people WILL lose water weight initially in dieting which is actually NOT good for your body. Fluid loss in dieting is caused by the break down of muscle tissue, shift in glycogen levels in the muscles, and general dehydration. Remember, in dieting your are intentionally "eroding" your body for a desired effect, and dehydration is an unwelcome side effect. Also remember that water weight loss is always gained back once the diet is returned to normal.

Drinking increased amounts of water assists with weight loss in multiple ways. It helps to keeps you hydrated, helps suppress hunger, and flushes the toxins out of your body. The detox factor is actually the most important aspect of this, as when the liver doesn't have to work so hard on detox, it can work more effectively on efficient metabolism.

The more water you drink in dieting, the less water weight loss you will experience, which is GOOD. You may not notice an immediate effect, and you should not expect to notice any specific weight loss as a direct result of drinking more water. But you will feel better while dieting, your body will stay healthier and work more efficiently as you lose weight.

A good formula to use in calculating the amount of water to drink is your current weight divided by 2 (in ounces) but never less than 64 ounces. For example, if you weigh 150 lbs, drink 75 ounces of water per day while dieting - if you weigh 200 lbs, drink 100 ounces of water.

Good luck.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:49 AM   #4
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

My body gets bloated easily and holds in too much water, so if I drink things like green tea or water with lemon, it really cuts down the bloat and my stomach looks 10 times better! Eating too much salt can cause you to hold in excess water too... and I know too much healthy fiber does that to me too.

The way to lose water weight that isn't so great are those 48 hour miracle diet drinks... it will only be temporary! I just like to get rid of the bloated feeling so I drink lots of water and I feel so much better. I also get full quicker when I'm eating if I drink a full glass or bottle of water with it.

Closed Thread