It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Foods that make you feel full?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-12-2007, 06:49 PM   #1
    guimond777
    (male)

guimond777 HB User
    Foods that make you feel full?

I struggle with something that most people seem to. The feeling of not being full after you eat! I was curious if anyone has any specific foods that make a person feel full? I technically dont eat "bad", the problem is i just eat "more" then I should. Make sense?

I remember hearing something about Fiber making you feel full? Not sure if thats true or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2007, 07:37 PM   #2
    Bestboy
    Inactive
    (male)

Bestboy HB User
    Re: Foods that make you feel full?

Yes, Fiber is suppose to.

Oatmeal makes you full.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:28 AM   #3
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Usually oatmeal doesn't make me feel because I don't care for it with a lot of water in it! Too bad for me! Try drinking a FULL glass of water with your meals. It really does seem to fill me up quicker. If I don't have anything to drink at all until later, I keep eating more.

Also, try eating some juicy fruits on the side... they always help fill me up. I also like to eat applesauce since it helps fill me up and isn't high in calories.

This one isn't the BEST for you... but if I drink a diet soda, that also seems to help fill me up because of the carbonation. It just isn't the healthiest choice since since there isn't anything good for you in it and not everybody drinks diet soda.

Lastly, fiber DOES fill you up. You can try a cereal with lots of fiber in it. Those mini wheats seem to fill me up pretty well. They just make me a little bloated from all the fiber!

Old 11-15-2007, 08:06 AM   #4
    MariaBB
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MariaBB HB User

Try eating slowly and drinking something between bites. I do that and then chew gum right after eating to distract my tastebuds.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:49 PM   #5
    newstart33
    (female)

newstart33 HB User

The suggestions that have already been given will make you feel full right away, but you will be hungry long before your next meal. The best way to feel full from meal to meal is to get plenty of protein with each meal. Caffeinated and/or carbonated beverages, or artifically sweetened drinks are a really bad idea because they cause your stomach to stretch out (so you are able to eat more food at one time) and also cause you to crave sweets more (causing your calorie intake to increase).

I hope this helps!

Old 12-30-2007, 07:40 PM   #6
    emodification
    (male)

emodification HB User

Not necessarily a food but, if you drink an ice cold glass of water before you eat, or during, it helps the stomach to contract thus becoming smaller and not able to fit as much food in.

I've noticed that by drinking cold water throughout the day, and eating six small meals a few hours (about 3-4) in between, I eat less but feel full and more satisfied.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:14 PM   #7
    chevyman
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chevyman HB User

Try easting moe than 3 meals daily eat 5 or 6 but eat less and slow, your metabolisum is slow is why you feel hungry soon after you eat so try to keep your metab up.
    foods that make you feel full would be proteine, veggies,fiber foods, whole grains, but you do need to eat carbs, thats your fuel for your body but don't go crazy eating carbs, when you feel hungry and its not been that long sinse you ate, try peeling a banana or apple slice with a t-spoon of peanut butter, eat a raw carrot, mix a packett of chyrstal light, drink that, water sometimes seems to bloat a person, drinking water with your meals is fine but to drink a glass before you eat is only going to bloat you, its a good ideal but it don't work with weight loss.
    try to keep your metabolisum up, then you won't be hungry after a meal.
    exercise helps keep your metab up also.

kinda think of dieting as a wonderful realtionship with food, but not to wonderful lol... thats what it is, anyway a good realtionship is nice.

Last edited by chevyman; 12-31-2007 at 07:18 PM.

Closed Thread