It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• In "theory" I 100% believe in a lowcarb way of eating but>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ro please

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-02-2008, 04:10 PM   #1
    tooshae
    (female)

tooshae HB User
    Question In "theory" I 100% believe in a lowcarb way of eating but>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ro please

I'm just not losing weight with it! I have read many lowcarb books, so I know what I'm doing. I also have recently gave up diet sodas and now drink water exclusively (besides morning coffee). I have been on and off locarbing (mostly on) for a couple of years now!

Yes, I do have hormonal problems (thyroid, pcos), BUT I'm being properly medicated.

I'm thinking of switching to WW or another plan, but it makes me sick to do so. BUT not losing any weight also makes me sick!

BTW...I am a 34 yo, 5'4" w/a medium frame and weight roughly 150. I should be and would like to be in the 120s.

If anyone has any personal experience or insight to share, I would appreciate it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2008, 04:46 PM   #2
    Abadoo
    (female)

Abadoo HB User
    Re: In "theory" I 100% believe in a lowcarb way of eating but>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ro please

I've done low carb once & yes lost a few pounds but I've lost on other diets too. I personally wouldn't do it again. I hear people say they're low carbing & I think so 5 yrs ago lol and I'm a type 1 diabetic. I just had a really hard time figuring out how much insulin to take on low carb my blood sugar was all crazy. I think everyone is different & what works for 1 may not work for the other. I was the same weight you were in Jan & I'm 136 now I kinda slipped up a bit so my loss stalled but I'm back on track. I count calories & workout I hate being on someone elses diet so it works for me. Good Luck I hope you find what works for you

Old 04-02-2008, 05:00 PM   #3
    aussiejono
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

aussiejono HB User
    Re: In "theory" I 100% believe in a lowcarb way of eating but>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ro please

People have lived since the dawn of time on a mixed diet.... carbs dont make you fat, eating too much does.

A high protein diet may be more satisfying, but it isnt magic, its just that 100 cal of steak takes longer to digest than 100cal of bread or potatoes.

South Beach or the Australian CSIRO diet are high in protein, but not fanatical about carbs.

Count calories, and you will do fine.

Last edited by aussiejono; 04-02-2008 at 05:02 PM.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:57 PM   #4
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I tried the whole very low carb thing and just couldn't do it for longer than a few weeks! It was too difficult when out with friends and going out ANYWHERE. Plus, some of the diets say it's okay to eat fattening meats and that's just not healthy!

I eat my carbs in MODERATION and stick with the healthy, less processed ones. I try to not eat white bread and pastas and too much sugar. I be sure to have healthy carbs with protein at every meal, and low in fat.

Have you tried the small meals throughout the day? It has worked well for me. I will make an open face sandwich (1 slice of bread) or a salad with turkey and a light dressing in it or something like that and use meals about that size 4 times a day. It's worked great for me! I allow myself to have one "cheat day" a week where if I want fast food or alcohol, I can have it but only on that one day.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:14 AM   #5
    Mileena42
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mileena42 HB User

Low carb tends to work well for me, but not long term. I have lost quite a bit of weight over the years using Atkins and others, but the truth is.....this weight is VERY easy to put back on and anyone would be lying if they said low carb strictly could be a way of life. I do really well to stay on a few weeks then switch to something thats easier for me to stick with. Low carb will give my weight loss an initial boust and let me see results pretty quickly. Low fat works, but is slower than the low carb......but I can stay on low fat long term. So, I usually start with a strict low carb, then after a few weeks switch to a low fat that I can (hopefully) stay on until I get to my ideal weight.

Mileena

Closed Thread