It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Maggie Drozd Method

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-24-2005, 07:16 AM   #16
    Kadilly
    (female)

Kadilly HB User
    Cool Re: Maggie Drozd Method

I've got the code, I got it from my magazine. I just got my order yesterday. I read the book, and it doesn't seem too complicated. You not only use the pills, you have to follow a few rules. They aren't too hard, but they eliminate a lot of the foods I adore, like Pizza, Macaroni & Cheese, and Hamburger Macaroni Soup. Basically because these combine both carbohydrates and proteins, and that's a no-no. But I will give you the code. Good luck and let me know how it goes for you. I'm not starting mine until Monday because my younger brother is graduating from High School tonight, and we're having a party for him on Sunday. I know there will be a ton of food there, and it will be hard for me to resist so early in the game. Plus its always better to start something at the beginning of a work week for me.

The code is:
    MZU182

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2005, 07:16 AM   #17
    melmel37

melmel37 HB User
    Question Re: Maggie Drozd Method

this is for kadilly. can you please let me know your progress on the maggie drozd method.anyone that has success please let me know. thank you and have a great 4th of july.

Last edited by melmel37; 06-27-2005 at 07:17 AM.

Old 06-29-2005, 06:51 AM   #18
    Kadilly
    (female)

Kadilly HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Maggie Drozd Method

Well, I began following the Maggie Drozd method on Monday, and taking the pills that come with her book. And as of yesterday afternoon, I have lost five pounds. I am amazed. Not once have I been hungry, and I've eaten pretty much everything I always do. The only thing I've changed is that the time I ate chicken on Monday, I got skinless grilled chicken instead of fried, like I normally would. But I smothered it with tomato sauce and cheese, and it was much better anyway! When I first read the book, and explained it to some family members, no one believed that it would work. But let's see which of them will be laughing now. Already my pants that I just bought two weeks ago are baggier, and require me wearing a belt. Amazing, I'm so excited! Anyone can follow the diet, the pills only accelerate the weight loss, and I believe you can find some with similar ingredients at any GNC. I went into on on Monday, and they had many I compared to be similar, but I didn't have the bottles with me. My only complaint is that I absolutely HATE taking pills, but these go down easy. I could explain the food part of it to anyone who wants to know, its fairly easy. Doesn't seem like it'll work, but it does. Stocking up on different spices is a plus too. In her book it explains how certain spices aid in the digestion of foods, therefore they don't turn into fat. I even had cake with my husband for his birthday Monday night!

Old 06-29-2005, 06:23 PM   #19
    1plumppup
    (female)

1plumppup HB User
    Re: Maggie Drozd Method

Hi Kaydilly, Thanks for posting, serveral of us have written request someone to please post updates on this method of weight loss! I can't even remember where I came accross this method, but it sure sounded good because you can eat and don't have to cut out anything. What I gather is that you may have to eat it all in a different order than usual, but yu can still eat it! That sounds OK to me. I tried 6 week body make over and found that it worked well, but was sooooooooooooooo hard for me to stick with it- low carbs, no salt, no sugar. I felt dissatisfied and soon quit. I am ready to try another healthy plan, but it must be something I can live- yes LIVE with because I have over 6 pounds to loose so it will take some time.
    Thanks again for the feedback, please continue posting the good and the bad (if you discover any).
    Pup

Old 06-30-2005, 06:35 AM   #20
    Kadilly
    (female)

Kadilly HB User

Well, I am down another pound today! I didn't think I would because I ate some cookie bars with dinner last night, but I lost anyway. This Method is perfect for me, because I can eat until I'm full. I will let you know what the main rules are in the book, and you can pretty much follow it without the pills until you get them, or look for some at your local GNC or other store where they sell herbal stuff.

In the book there are chapters about relaxation techniques and things like that, and letting yourself know that if you really want to eat something to eat it, because depriving yourself like that is worse than anything. In another chapter it talks about using spices when you cook. It doesn't necessarily say that salt is bad, but I've been trying not to use it. It does say to use Pepper, Onion and Garlic, Paprika, Basil, Dill, Sage, Rosemary, Caraway, and a bunch of others. It says that they actually stimulate the functioning of the digestive system!

But here are the rules I've followed ALMOST religously since Monday...

*After eating a meal consisting of proteins (meat, eggs, cheese) you should wait four hours before eating any carbohydrates.

*After eating a meal rich in carbohydrates (bread, pasta, rice) you should wait four hours before eating a meal containing proteins or fruits.

*After eating a meal consisting of fruit, you should wait two hours before you eat foods containing carbohydrates.

*If a meal containing protein or carbohydrates consists of over 30 percent fat, you should wait seven hours before eating anything at all.

SUMMARY
    *Proteins can be combined with vegetables, but not with carbohydrates.
    *Carbohydrates can be combined with vegetables, but not with proteins.
    *Fat slows down the digestion process.
    *Fruits can only be combined with other fruits.

Doesn't sound like it makes sense, everyone I know is laughing at me for following it, but its working so who cares! I've found that if I eat cookies or cakes with meals containing carbohydrates, and wait a little longer to eat again, then it doesn't seem to matter. There's no limit on how much you eat, only that you keep food combinations together. You can eat vegetables with every meal, but it says to eat limited amount of peas because they don't digest easily. Lettuce and celery are great for you. Green vegetables should be eaten with every meal, but again I haven't done this every meal so I'm not sure if it makes that much of a difference.

The Pills
    There are two kinds of pills you take, Green Tea pills are taken two in the morning, and two in the early afternoon. They give you energy. They don't taste like anything. The others are called "Spice Pills," I suppose you could replace them by putting all the spices they contain on foods, but here is what is in them. *Citrus Aurantium, Cayenne Pepper, Garcinia Cambogia, Ginger Root, Green Tea, Kola Nut, Yerba Mate, Guarana, White Willow Bark, Black Pepper, Paprika, Mustard Seed, Nutmeg, and Caraway Seed. It also says it has Microcrystalline Cellulose, Dicalcium Phosphate, Gelatin, Magnesium Stearate, and Silica in them. These are to be taken twice a day, one with each main meal. Pretty much all-natural.

I hope I'm not confusing anyone, but this is what the book is summed up in. I've been losing weight, 6 pounds in 3 days, and I've eaten until I'm full, I've snuck some snacks, and I've even had dessert two of the three nights with dinner. I've not done any exercise (Even though I should) And I'm doing only what I've written here. Please let me know if anyone else is following it. I'd like to see if everyone has the same results as me.

Old 06-30-2005, 08:54 AM   #21
    k8ty
    (female)

k8ty HB User

Wow! thanks so much for giving us info about the plan it's a great help to know what I'm getting myself into. I ordered the plan just last week after as much research as possible on it (very little availiable btw). But it's so great to hear you've been having such wonderful success!! I also researched this principle of not combining foods and it seems to make sense...to me. It's basically that carbohydrates require a basic solution to be digested and fats and proteins need acitic conditions to be digested so by separating the two types we allow for maximum absorption of nutrients. This is to my understanding at least.

Well, I will be following the diet as soon as it comes, hopefully by the end of next week, and will keep you all posted!

Old 06-30-2005, 12:22 PM   #22
    Kadilly
    (female)

Kadilly HB User
    Cool Re: Maggie Drozd Method

It only took about ten days for me to get the plan once I ordered it, quicker than I thought. I'm glad there are other people who are going to be following it. A lot of my family and friends laugh at me and tell me I'm stupid to be following it, especially when they say, "Do you want some....(fill in the blank)" and I look at the clock to see what time it is, to make sure it has been long enough since I'd eaten something of the opposite food type. It makes perfect sense to me, but others don't agree. I already feel a difference, I know it seems strange, but I feel lighter, like there's less of me. LOL A couple people have already noticed a difference, my husband being one of them. I'm so excited, this method is perfect for me.

Old 06-30-2005, 09:47 PM   #23
    shani_texas
    (female)

shani_texas HB User

I am so glad to read all of these! I need to lose about 60 pounds and can't wait to get started.
    I used to take Xenadrine (sp?) before they took the ephedrine out of it, and it was the ONLY thing I could take that didn't make me a nervous wreck and I actually lost weight after surgery.
    However, after a death in the family that really effected me and a close friend committing suicide, I looked to food to make it all better...
    Anyway, this will help me get a boost and going in the right direction!
    Thanks for all of your info!!!

Old 07-01-2005, 02:44 AM   #24
    1plumppup
    (female)

1plumppup HB User

OK, OK, I'm gonna try it now. Your results sound great and not at all crazy. I have plenty of pills around here from one program or another that contain all that stuff except the citrus ar..., (sp). I will try to use what I have here first (might as well since I already spent the money for them), then I'll go to the health food store for it. I ordered the book online. That should take about a week to arrive. Keep us posted- it is so inspirational.

Old 07-01-2005, 11:41 AM   #25
    IwanaBthin
    (female)

IwanaBthin HB User

heyy.. im new on this site...but i do know that im not new to trying EVERY diet ever invented....i gained a lot of weight back bc of stress and didnt even realize it till none of my clothes fit...not even my t shirts.. how pathetic right? lol well what i really wanna know is, do u think i can honestly lose like 30-40 lbs on this diet till september. ( 2months)???? Thank you

Old 07-02-2005, 12:43 AM   #26
    Letslooseit
    (female)

Letslooseit HB User

Hello: I just read about the Maggie Drozd method in the First Magazine, dtd 13 Jun 2005 today. The code is MZU168. Anyway, I'm glad I did the research. This sounds a lot like the Suzzane Summers Plan which I order eons ago and tried to follow it. However, I believe it went overboard. You were suppose to eliminate potatoes and used some type of root that I don't remember now, but I could never find it. Anyway, I stopped. But her plan said the same thing to separate the protein type foods from the carbohydrate type foods. So this isn't something new. I went on the Aikens Diet and had a lot of success on that, I lost 50 lbs, but then we moved to Italy for three years and the pasta has done me in. If it was just the pasta that wouldn't be so bad but we visit Germany a lot and eat a lot of meat and potatoes (which is heaven after all the pasta). Anyway, I gained back all the weight and then some. I need to loose 80 lbs. We move back to Florida in Oct so I want to loose at least the weight I gained before then. Wish me luck. I ordered the Maggie Drozd plan today. I'll keep you updated on my progress. My health is: I have no thyroid function, so metabolism is pathetic. I take medication for it but I still don't think it helps to keep the weight off. I work probably 50 to 60 hrs a week and I just started water aerobics as my left leg is bothering (Dr says it may be a pinched nerve from the extra weight). Anyway, it the plan works for me, it should work for anyone. Oh, I usually can't take anything that speeds up the heart rate as I get palpatations. So I hope the pills don't do that.
    Good luck to everyone else!

Old 07-02-2005, 09:25 PM   #27
    fractured-spiri
    (female)

fractured-spiri HB User

i need to find out something that will help me ,, i gained 100 lbs in the past 2 years ............ many life changes............... and depression ........... physical injuries......... i would love to know more.............311 ... 5/11

Old 07-03-2005, 11:25 AM   #28
    BABY DOLL
    (female)

BABY DOLL HB User

I Am New To The Site And Am Glad I Found It... I Also Am Going To Try This Maggie Drozd Method... It Looks Like If I Do My Part It Will Work... I Ordered It On 6/26 And My Order Status Says I Should Recieve It In 7-10 Days... With 60lbs Of Excess Wieght, I Am Hoping That This Is Finally My Answer... Lets See What Happens...

Old 07-03-2005, 08:19 PM   #29
    AroseIsWhite
    (female)

AroseIsWhite HB User

I'm only 19 years old, and I stepped on the scale three days ago, and I weigh 255 pounds. I only weighed 200 when I moved to Jacksonville, and then I was involved in a car accident where I broke my neck. So the lack of my ability to move around like I used to caused me to gain weight quickly. I'm engaged, and my fiance tells me that I'm beautiful, but the fact that I went from a size 14 in July 2004 to a 20W in July 2005, makes me sick with myself. I saw the ad for the Maggie Drozd diet, and I thought it was too good to be true. I talked it over with my fiance, and he saw how unhappy I was, so he handed over the credit card. I'm glad he supports me, and the fact that he says "heck if it works for you I'll order me some" makes me confident.
    I did my research with the diet, and I read a lot of posts, and there are both positive and complaints. But I'll take the chance I guess!! I just ordered this diet yesterday, and from what I understand it only takes 10 days to get here... **cross fingers** I'll leave a post telling how it's working out

Last edited by AroseIsWhite; 07-03-2005 at 08:27 PM.

Old 07-04-2005, 03:42 PM   #30
    ashleycat
    (female)

ashleycat HB User

hi all! i just ordered the plan and wanted to thank all of you who posted on their personal experiences. i'd love to hear how this works for you and wish you all the best of luck! i'll be checking in regularly to see how you're doing!!

Closed Thread