It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Maggie Drozd Method

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-27-2003, 01:12 PM   #1
    mahly

mahly HB User
    Question Maggie Drozd Method

Does anybody know about the Maggie Drozd Method? I saw it in a magazine, and is supposed to be very good, but like everything else, I am trying to find out more about it. I have over 120 lbs. to lose? I am 5'9", and at 290, not happy.

Supposedly you lose 6-10 lbs. per week the first four weeks, then you lose 4-6 lbs. per week the rest of the time until you reach your ideal weight. Has anyone heard of this Maggie Drozd?

[This message has been edited by mahly (edited 03-28-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2005, 11:11 PM   #2
    dyamondprincess
    (female)

dyamondprincess HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Maggie Drozd Method

I know a little about this method. My brother got the pills and lost 70lbs in 3 months. Since he has lost the weight he has stopped taking the pills.He has not regained the weight and eats whatever he wants in reasonable portions and times. My sisters and I are now taking them eating better, working out a little and feeling much better. They don't make you feel funny and you only take one a day. Not hard at all.

Last edited by dyamondprincess; 03-20-2005 at 11:13 PM.

Old 04-08-2005, 03:27 PM   #3
    1plumppup
    (female)

1plumppup HB User
    Red face Re: Maggie Drozd Method

Well best of luck with your new plan- please keep us posted on your progress as i tried to locate some info online about it but had very little luck.

So, I guess I am currious but still don't know what all is involved, and I didn't want to purchase a program if I couldn't follow it- and I didn't have enough info on it to know if I could follow it!

Could you please explain what is involved? Pills, diet plan, exercise?

Old 04-16-2005, 12:49 PM   #4
    kyethra
    (female)

kyethra HB User
    Re: Maggie Drozd Method

Isn't loosing weight that fast bad? I know I would worry about that in terms of loose skin and adjusting to it and so forth and all that. I can more than understand the desire for the weight to be gone yesterday ( I have about 100 pounds to lose myself) but what about keeping it off and staying healthy long term?

Old 04-18-2005, 03:23 PM   #5
    mfj10
    (female)

mfj10 HB User
    Smile Re: Maggie Drozd Method

My moms co-worker is taking it and she says she is losing fairly steadily, but not as fast as she expected to. I am going to try it, I have at least 100 lbs to lose(5'5" 280lbs). I will let you guys know how it works.

Old 04-19-2005, 12:43 PM   #6
    chesapeake girl
    (female)

chesapeake girl HB User

What exactly is the Maggie Drozd method??

chesapeake girl

Old 04-19-2005, 01:46 PM   #7
    zabou69
    (female)

zabou69 HB User

Iam still wondering the same thing but had no replies. I went to the web site but I live in Canada and e-mailed them to see if it is availible to us Canadian residents and they have not replied back to me yet. Sounds interesting but still not sure what it all entails. I know people said there was articles in different magazines about the Maggie Drozd method but havent heard much else about it. I sure would like to know more!!

Old 05-06-2005, 10:26 AM   #8
    mfj10
    (female)

mfj10 HB User

I don't know exactly how it works, but I do know that you take a spice pill and at least two greent tea extract pills a day. Supposedly you can still eat what you want, when you want and as much of it as you want and lose weight and keep it off. My friend has almost finished her bottles and she has lost 35 lbs or so, she still wants to lose more, but she is going to see if it stays off for a couple of months and/or if she can keep losing without it. Basically all it does is speed up your metabolism.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-06-2005 at 10:30 AM.

Old 05-31-2005, 10:30 PM   #9
    tetrimble
    (female)

tetrimble HB User

The Maggie Drozd method is a little more than just the green tea extracts and spices. Essentially you can eat what you want, but you break it out. For instance, you can have your carbs, but don't eat proteins with it, and vice versa. In addition, it states that you should wait a certain period of time (anywhere from 2-7 hours depending on what you've eaten) before you eat another meal.

I had started the plan and was losing about a lb a day, but since my mother was diagnosed with cancer, I've been on that emotional roller-coaster eating frenzy. I need to stop that and start back to the program.

Old 05-31-2005, 11:23 PM   #10
    1plumppup
    (female)

1plumppup HB User

Tretrimble, I am sorry to hear about your mother.
    I understand how difficult it is toloose weight when things are going well, but when they aren't...
    Thanks for posting the info on Maggie Drozd method, I'd try anything that could have me loosing 1 pound per day!

Old 06-01-2005, 03:00 PM   #11
    tetrimble
    (female)

tetrimble HB User

I honestly don't know the website. I found the information in a magazine (a Woman's Day or something like that). It costs about $50 or $60. The big thing to remember is that you can't rely on just the pills. You can get those in any herbal store or GNC. The key is eliminating food combinations (as opposed to combining foods like other diets suggest).

You might want to try searching the web. From what I can tell, you won't find it on the first few search pages. There are also a lot of complaints from what I've read, but it seems that those people were relying almost entirely on the green tea and spices and still eating everything they wanted. This is definitely not an "eat everything you want, whenever you want, and you will lose weight overnight" types of plans.

Good luck in your search. I wish I still had the magazine, but I can't seem to find it.

Old 06-01-2005, 06:51 PM   #12
    tetrimble
    (female)

tetrimble HB User

( - removed - ) The prices range from $35 to $69 (s&h included) depending on the amount of weight you want to lose. You could go with the least expensive and always get the herbals at GNC later if you want. The book is the most important part of the program IMO. Again, please don't think this program is strictly diet pills. If you go in with that attitude, it will probably be like any other diet tried (and perhaps failed) in the past.

Last edited by moderator2; 06-01-2005 at 06:56 PM. Reason: please do not post commercial websites - use brand names only

Old 06-01-2005, 09:42 PM   #13
    bigcrush78
    (female)

bigcrush78 HB User
    Question Re: Maggie Drozd Method

The problem is to order it you need the code that is the top right hand corner of the coupon from the magazine. If you don't have it it won't let your order it. and make sure you type in drozd not "drodz". Hope this helps, you have all helped me alot. I realized it is not always what you eat but it is how and when you eat it and the pills kick up your metabolism but I don't mind the exercise. Kisses and lot's of Love.
    Brat

Last edited by moderator2; 06-15-2005 at 11:26 AM. Reason: please do not discuss the posting rules on the health topic boards

Old 06-07-2005, 01:03 PM   #14
    whackedback
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

whackedback HB Userwhackedback HB Userwhackedback HB User

Has anyone heard from the person that started this thread, and if they lost the 120 pounds using this method? The original post was in 2003, so I was wondering how it was going.

Anyone else started this method with good results?

wb

Old 06-15-2005, 11:04 AM   #15
    Kadilly
    (female)

Kadilly HB User
    Talking Re: Maggie Drozd Method

I am new here. I found this board trying to look up information about the Maggie Drozd diet. I read about it in the back of Cosmo, and I ordered it without researching it online. I didn't even tell my husband, I think he would get upset about me paying $35 for something I wasn't even sure worked. But, hopefully I'll get it and follow it without him knowing, and see what happens. Of all the reviews I've read online, it seems that the people who really follow it lose weight. I am 5' 1", and I weigh 160 lbs. I just had a baby 7 months ago, but I'm still carrying a lot of extra weight. I also have a two-year old, so it is difficult for me to get to the gym. Plus, when you've got a child that lives on Macaroni & Cheese, its hard to go low-carb and things like that. ( - removed - ) I ordered it Monday the 13th, and when I checked the order status today it said I should have it in 7-10 days. I'm wicked skeptical, but I will let you all know once I get it and start following it. Some family members of mine are taking Phentermine, and that is working for them, but I've read that it is habit-forming, and I'm afraid to take it.

Last edited by moderator2; 06-15-2005 at 11:27 AM. Reason: please do not discuss posting rules questions on the health topics boards

Closed Thread