It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• 6-week Body Makeover

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-17-2003, 06:07 PM   #1
    jessa_lee

jessa_lee HB User
    Post 6-week Body Makeover

I started the 6 week body makeover about 2.5 weeks ago, and have been pleased with my results. I lost nearly 10 pounds the first week. Since then I've lost another 4. I seem to be somewhat at a stand-still, but I know part of that is my lack of any form of exercise, as well as hitting menstruation during week 2.

If anyone has any questions about the body makeover "diet", I'm happy to answer. I've NEVER been one to diet before, but I got to the point where I felt I was just letting myself go. I think I comfortably weigh in around 155, and I'm currently at 180. I have always refused to use any form of pills/medication to alter my body & it's functions in order to lose weight.

With Body Makeover, you have to go through some materials they provide in order to understand more about how your body handles your food intake and your energy output. From what you learn, you pull out the information that applies to your body type. Then you put together meals so you're eating about 5 times a day. It trains you how to eat foods and make whole meals out of the foods that speed up your metabolism rather than slowing it down.

For the most part, my requirements for my body type are to completely cut out all added fat, sugar, salt, and dairy products for the six weeks. I have a long list of carbs (rice & potatoes, to name a few), protiens (turkey, chicken, tuna, etc), veggies & fruit that I'm allowed to eat. From there I learned to "fry" the meat in flavored vinegar or water, to season my veggies and meats with natural spices & peppers rather than salt. I use fruit to sweeten my oatmeal for breakfast and so forth.

Rather than taking a pill to alter my mind & body, I'm enhancing my mind with a new knowledge of how to really eat healthy and understand my body better. It's not an easy six weeks and it takes a LOT of will-power to stick to it. But I have seen myself go down an entire pant size, and I'm quite happy about it.

Let me know if you've got any questions! I'll try to keep my results posted

[This message has been edited by jessa_lee (edited 10-18-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2003, 11:13 AM   #2
    jessa_lee

jessa_lee HB User
    Thumbs up

Me again. I jumped out of the shower this morning and hopped on the scale, and low-and-behold, I weighed in at 175! I'm now nearly 20 pounds less than when I started - and it's only been 19 days. I feel so healthy, and my belt fits into the next hole - a bit smaller around the waist. I noticed I'm starting to get my shape back too - I have a waist again!

Old 10-18-2003, 09:16 PM   #3
    sjg2752
    Inactive

sjg2752 HB User
    jessa_lee,
    I just wanted to welcome you to the boards & Congra'ds on your weightloss!! I'm on Atkin's diet,and am happy with this diet. So guess I will stick with Atkin's. I hope you have comtinued success with your diet!!

Good Luck!!
    sjg

Old 10-19-2003, 09:01 AM   #4
    MrsLee
    Veteran
    (female)

MrsLee HB User
    Wow, congrats to both of you! I wish I had the willpower to stick to a diet. I have tried both. I figured my body type for the six week makeover one, and as luck would have it, I was stuck with what I found to be the most restrictive diet. I loved Atkins for a couple weeks, but I didn't the willpower to keep up with it. It's too hard when the people around me are not supportive and eat whatever they want to in front of me. I think the key to dieting is finding the one that works for you and sticking to it. So I commend both of you for doing this! I wish you good luck and continued sucess!

Old 10-28-2003, 09:45 PM   #5
    christy75

christy75 HB User
    Question

Jessa_lee,
    Can you please e-mail me this info, it sounds great and I really want to try this makeover, I have never heard of it. Your results have me hopeful. :-)
    Keep up the good work!!!!!
    Thanks,
    Christy

Old 11-09-2003, 01:52 AM   #6
    PennyLoafer

PennyLoafer HB User
    I would like information on it too if you don't mind. Let me know if you need my email address.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-14-2003 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Do not post your email address, as per the board posting guidelines accepted by you at registration..

Old 11-11-2003, 12:58 PM   #7
    kenportia

kenportia HB User
    Congratulations! I too ordered the 6 week body makeover and I lost 15lbs in the first 4 days. I then got sick and stopped using the program. I don't eat alot of meat, and I especially dislike red meat, but according to my body type thats all I'm supposed to eat. I have not tried the program because of that. My best friend just had GB and is loosing a lot of weight. I am so fustrated with my weight loss and I don't know where to turn. I am not BIG enough for GB, I don't like diets like Adkins, and Low Carb because I don't like meat and I don't eat alot of food during meals. I am thinking of trying Leptoprin, has anyone tried it? Does it work? I would like to know before I spend that kind of money.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jessa_lee
    Me again. I jumped out of the shower this morning and hopped on the scale, and low-and-behold, I weighed in at 175! I'm now nearly 20 pounds less than when I started - and it's only been 19 days. I feel so healthy, and my belt fits into the next hole - a bit smaller around the waist. I noticed I'm starting to get my shape back too - I have a waist again!
    [FONT=Tahoma]

Old 11-11-2003, 02:41 PM   #8
    PennyLoafer

PennyLoafer HB User
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kenportia
    Congratulations! I too ordered the 6 week body makeover and I lost 15lbs in the first 4 days. I then got sick and stopped using the program. I don't eat alot of meat, and I especially dislike red meat, but according to my body type thats all I'm supposed to eat. I have not tried the program because of that. My best friend just had GB and is loosing a lot of weight. I am so fustrated with my weight loss and I don't know where to turn. I am not BIG enough for GB, I don't like diets like Adkins, and Low Carb because I don't like meat and I don't eat alot of food during meals. I am thinking of trying Leptoprin, has anyone tried it? Does it work? I would like to know before I spend that kind of money.
    [FONT=Tahoma]
    Wow 15 pounds in 4 days! Do you still have your kit? I would like to lose some weight and I heard this was great. I am type C. Do you have any information to share? I can send you my email address if you would like. Thanks.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-14-2003 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Do not post your email address, as per the board posting guidelines accepted by you at registration..

Old 11-19-2003, 09:21 PM   #9
    ~Melody~

~Melody~ HB User
    Talking Re: 6-week Body Makeover

FONT[=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Blue]Hey there, this diet sounds great! Please let me know how it works. I would love to try it. Let me know if you need my email. Maybe we can all start the diet at the same time!

Old 11-26-2003, 03:18 PM   #10
    PennyLoafer

PennyLoafer HB User
    Re: 6-week Body Makeover

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kenportia
    [FONT=Tahoma]
    You must be type A. I have heard from everyone who used it that it works great. Maybe you can try Richard Simmons? Weight Watchers are good too. You order the stuff you need off ebay but things like LAWeight loss or Jenny Craig you have to pay for every week and the food is seperate and expensive.

Old 07-10-2005, 12:14 PM   #11
    tahoegirl
    (female)

tahoegirl HB User

What are the foods for type c?

Old 07-13-2005, 07:38 PM   #12
    SilentSuffering
    (female)

SilentSuffering HB User

Leptoprin is a diet drug that has not been approved by the Food & Drug Administration. Its ingredients have not been proven to work, but they do work on some people. It is also one of those pills that, when you stop using it, you'll gain your weight back. Leptoprin supposedly helps you lose a lot of water weight, and it's a whopping $153 per bottle! Leptoprin's ingredients supposedly cause some seriously unwanted side effects, as do most diet pills. Diet pills usually empty your wallet and leave you disappointed. With products like Leptoprin, you can basically apply the adage of "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." I say, beware of anything that makes huge promises. Just a thought.

Things like TrimSPA, MetaboLife, etc. are all the same: they tell you to take their supplement, change your diet, and start an exercise regimen. Well, why spend the money on the pills? Just skip the expensive "dietary aids" and go right to the reduced calorie diet and the exercise! Makes sense, doesn't it? Besides, you'll need the money for new clothes when you lose all that weight

Gastric Bypass isn't necessarily the ultimate answer. It's a $20,000 procedure that's more like a last hope than an answer to all of your weight loss hopes. And yes, though a lot of people have successfully lost weight after having such a procedure, a lot of people have died after having it.

The healing process is a long one, and most people don't realize that "GB" is also a lifestyle. Once you have it, you MUST reduce the amount of food you eat, or you risk vomiting or being in intense pain. You also have to eat responsibly; having a smaller stomach, but filling it with an ice cream sundae will cause you to gradually pack the pounds back on.

The Atkins diet has also been panned by many doctors because of what it does to your body. Also, as soon as you go off the diet, you will begin to gain the weight back. My sister lost an amazing 60 lbs. on the Atkins diet. Then, when she had lost a good enough amount of weight, she began slowly re-introducing flour, sugar, milk, etc. into her diet. And I'm sure you know what happened, right? She began slowly re-gaining everything she had lost. She now weighs more than I do.

Also, when you're on Atkins, you are cutting out the foods that provide your energy. That's what carbs are - the basic "building blocks" for energy. Your body burns carbs first whenever it needs fuel. That's why Atkins discourages exercise. The basic idea is that, since you're not taking in any fuel, you shouldn't exercise, and we all know that's not good.

I'm glad you've had success with a diet, but keep in mind that the 6-Week Body Makeover is a gimmick. The body isn't made to eat a lot of only one thing. Fad diets like Eat Right 4 Your Type and the 6-Week Body Makeover are long-term diets, which means if you go off of them, you will gain the weight back.

I heard that people tend to have the most success when they stick to the food pyramid. Eating a lot of fruits and vegetables will keep you full without giving you a lot of calories. Eating foods with high water content (like watermelon and lettuce) are supposed to fill you up faster and longer, and they don't cause blood sugar crashes or those terrible craving attacks.

The answer to losing weight and keeping it off lies in changing your lifestyle, and that's why (I believe) it's become so difficult for so many of us to lose weight. It's quite difficult, after 20 or more years of doing the same things, or getting used to certain behaviors to suddenly eat smaller amounts of the right foods. It's also difficult, after years of being couch (or computer) potatoes to get up and move yourself for at least 30 minutes per day. Those two things can work wonders for you... If you have the discipline for it. (I'm working on doing it myself.)

I wish you the best of luck in the future, but please be careful. According to doctors, healthy weight loss is about 2-3 pounds per week. Losing more than 5 lbs. per week is supposed to be stressful for your body.

suffering_in_silence

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he'll tell you the truth." -- Oscar Wilde

Last edited by SilentSuffering; 07-14-2005 at 10:57 AM.

Old 08-05-2005, 06:37 PM   #13
    tammy lee
    (female)

tammy lee HB User

i am currently on the six day body makeover and I was having the worst headaches and nausea yesterday, but today is better, more energy than I've had in days. I acutally got some exercising done. I lost four pounds in first two day, I went off for a little while yesterday, I call it my moment of insanity, but I'm back on full force today. I hope I can stick with this, I love that my pants are already fitting better. If you guys have any suggestions, my email is [ please read and follow the posting rules - no emails ] , or post a reply with more info.

Thanks,
    Tammy

[ Please read the posting rules which explain that offering or asking off board contact is not permitted. The boards are to be used for on board sharing, only. The email and private message features are turned off so that use of the message boards remain anonymous. The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board. ]

Last edited by moderator2; 08-05-2005 at 07:05 PM. Reason: please read and follow the posting rules

Old 08-10-2005, 08:49 AM   #14
    scotianprincess
    Inactive
    (female)

scotianprincess HB User

Is this a book?

I am looking for it online but have no idea what it is, can u offer some guidance?
    thanks!

Old 08-16-2005, 08:20 AM   #15
    gingerweezie
    (female)

gingerweezie HB User

Food for thought, no pun intended ...You're talking about Gastric Bypass, diet pills etc. maybe you need some direction on learning how to change your eating habits. Atkins and diets like that are great for immediate results but can you eat meat and fat for the rest of your life? Will you gain it all back and more when you stop eating that way? Diets like Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig teach you how to eat every type of food in moderation, including snacks and desserts. I myself have been on Jenny Craig since Valentine's Day and have lost almost 41 pounds. Even when I go out to restaurants I find myself making much better, healthier choices. I don't ever walk away from the table feeling SICK, stuffed, and angry with myself! I just thought I'd share my experience with you. Thanks!

Closed Thread