It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• OMG: I am trying the Special K diet and could you believe...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-06-2009, 09:08 AM   #1
    Prestige
    (female)

Prestige HB User
    OMG: I am trying the Special K diet and could you believe...

Hello all, today is a new day for me, I could not believe that I have gained 40 pounds, I am back up to 200 pounds Why me and to let you know, this morning I have joined a gym, worked out for 40 minutes and started the Special K Diet, well OMG, : here is the reason to OMG: LOL
    Day 1 (TODAY)
    5:00 am workout for 40 minutes
    Vitamin
    Breakfast, Skim Milk, (Special K)
    Am Snack 1 yogurt
    AM Snack 1 yogurt
    totaling 2 yogurts
    20 oz of water
    OMG: I have been to the bathroom 10 times in 1.5 hours.
    WOW, I said to myself, that is all that water weight coming off.
    If this continue being on the Special K Diet, I will be very faithful to lose 40 pounds.

I have not had lunch yet......lol
    Any success stories on the Special K Diet.........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
    zara1
    (female)

zara1 HB User
    Re: OMG: I am trying the Special K diet and could you believe...

Hi Prestige,

I did the Special K diet 6 years ago and worked very well for me. The only thing is it recommends you do this diet for 2 weeks but i did for few months.
    i think my starting weight was around 130 and i think it came down to 118. As it was a long time ago i dont remeber the exact details but here is how i did it -
    Breakfast - special k with skimmed milk
    am snack - banana
    lunch - special k with skimmed milk
    afternoon snack - coffee with 2 pieces cookies
    evening meal - normal meal

I would then weigh myself every 2 weeks and as far as i can remember i would lose around 2lbs at every check. If i lost any weight i would have a small treat and start again for another 2 weeks. I went down 2 or 3 dress size.

I have to admit by then everyone commented on how skinny i looked so i managed my weight between 122lbs-125lbs and stayed that way up untill i had a baby recently. I now am stuck with 30lbs to shift and i've started the same diet but this time i'm eating weetabix instead of special k as i'm off special k now and its a little difficult for me to have 3 meals a day with a little baby taking over but i try to have 3meals.

Stick with it and before you know it you will lose weight. Remember to drink at least 2 litres of water a day.
    Good luck and i really hope this works for you as it did for me and hope it works for me this time too. Keep us posted on your progress.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
    zara1
    (female)

zara1 HB User

I forgot to mention when i was on the special k diet i woud always eat 3 hrs before i went to bed

Old 01-07-2009, 06:32 PM   #4
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

That is funny! I am that way when I drink green tea! It's a great way to get rid of any excess body weight if you're feeling bloated... but not so good if I'm busy out somewhere!

I haven't tried the Special K diet because I'm not a big cereal eater, but I know friends who liked it. They loved the cereal so they felt like it wasn't really a diet. I think this would be better than the Slim Fast diet, which I hear mixed reviews about. I hope it works great for you! Good luck!

Old 01-08-2009, 08:07 AM   #5
    shucky ducky
    Veteran
    (male)

shucky ducky HB User

I've always found when I eat cereal, my blood sugar spikes, which causes me to be hungry again within an hour or so.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:24 AM   #6
    Prestige
    (female)

Prestige HB User
    Unhappy Re: OMG: I am trying the Special K diet and could you believe...

I will follow up with you all and let you know how much I have lost so far.

STATS: I did not want to take any measurements-Just losing pounds on the scale count is fine with me.
    Jan 6, 2009 - 202 Pounds
    Next Weigh In: January 12, 2009

Old 01-12-2009, 05:27 AM   #7
    Prestige
    (female)

Prestige HB User
    WOW - FOLLOW UP-OMG Special K Diet..........

Hello everyone, well this morning was the day to weigh in for my Special K weightloss journey, Remember in the previous post I joined a gym on Tuesday January 6th, 2009 weighing in at 202 pounds, well I jumped on the scale this morning January 12th, 2009 and my weight today is 194 pounds...............................I LOST 8 POUNDS IN 1 WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!

I weigh myself again on Monday January 19th, 2009 and I will keep you posted on my Special K Weightloss Journey, I am so happy

Old 01-12-2009, 07:25 AM   #8
    LakotaGirl21
    (female)

LakotaGirl21 HB User
    Re: WOW - FOLLOW UP-OMG Special K Diet..........

Way to go! Congratulations!!!

Old 01-12-2009, 11:21 AM   #9
    Prestige
    (female)

Prestige HB User
    YES, YES, YES, I lost weight and .....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Prestige; 01-13-2009 at 08:25 AM.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:23 AM   #10
    shucky ducky
    Veteran
    (male)

shucky ducky HB User

Congrats! What a great start! My only concern is how long do you plan on sticking to this particular plan? These types of diets are great for a 2 week jump start but not at all healthy for long term. Plus, a lot of people grow tired of eating cereal all day, no matter how great the results are. Also, what are you eating for your evening meal? I've heard several people say while they were on the Special K diet, because the calories restriction during the day is so extreme, when it comes time to eat their regular meal in the evening, they usually end up eating more than they should because they are so hungry.

Last edited by shucky ducky; 01-15-2009 at 08:26 AM.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:53 AM   #11
    Prestige
    (female)

Prestige HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shucky ducky View Post
    Congrats! What a great start! My only concern is how long do you plan on sticking to this particular plan? These types of diets are great for a 2 week jump start but not at all healthy for long term. Plus, a lot of people grow tired of eating cereal all day, no matter how great the results are. Also, what are you eating for your evening meal? I've heard several people say while they were on the Special K diet, because the calories restriction during the day is so extreme, when it comes time to eat their regular meal in the evening, they usually end up eating more than they should because they are so hungry.
    Thank you for the congrats and I plan on focusing on eating healthy and exercising, I feel much better and this is a new year, I have a gym at my job and I joined a gym, I told myself if I can't lose weight with all this exercise equipment around me everyday all day, something is wrong with me and that's when I decided to get started with my weight loss journey: , here is my routine:

WEEK: 1 - 1/5/09 - I had to discipline myself very tough: Meaning I don't go out to party at all, I just go to my job, the gym 45 minutes 4 days a week and straight home to bed and watch tv. My menu for last week: 1/5/09- I had special k cereal w/ skim milk twice a day for (breakfast & lunch). I had chicken and vegatables for dinner, 2 yogurts a day for a snack, 80 ozs of water and 1 multivitamin. I eat the same thing all week and then switch up the next week.

WEEK: 2 - 1/12/09 - This week: 3 Bacon slices, 2 Eggs for breakfast grapefruit juice, Special K w/skim milk for lunch and Chicken and Vegetables for dinner. 2 Yogurts a day for Snacks, 80 ounces of water and 1 multivitamin.

Remember when you first start a weightloss transition with your body changing the way how you used to eat, it will go through the withdrawal symptoms craving for food, food, food and more food until your body gets adjusted to the new change. I eat the same thing all week, I am currently planning my menu for next week on 1/19/09. I weigh myself every Monday morning. So that is my routine, I eat the same foods all week, I just switch the food up so I don't get bored.

I will follow up with you all on Monday 1/19/08 to let you know my progress: meaning if I gained weight or lost weight, I will give you my weightloos progress numbers.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:04 PM   #12
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Prestige, I'm trying to make sense of this: Losing 8 pounds in 7 days is a lot of weight. Eight pounds of fat contains 28,000 calories. If you were going to burn the calories, you would have to burn an average of 4,000 calories per day. If you were going to cut the calories from your diet, you would have to cut an average of 4,000 calories per day. That's hardly possible so let's assume it was a combination of burning and cutting:

Is it possible to cut 2,000 calories per day from your diet while also burning 2,000 calories per day at the gym? Example: To burn 2,000 calories per day at the gym you would have to do something like jogging on the treadmill (at 5 mph) for 4 hours (burning 500 calories per hour).

Last edited by JohnR41; 01-15-2009 at 04:05 PM. Reason: adjusted icons

Old 01-16-2009, 06:25 AM   #13
    Prestige
    (female)

Prestige HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JohnR41 View Post
    Prestige, I'm trying to make sense of this: Losing 8 pounds in 7 days is a lot of weight. Eight pounds of fat contains 28,000 calories. If you were going to burn the calories, you would have to burn an average of 4,000 calories per day. If you were going to cut the calories from your diet, you would have to cut an average of 4,000 calories per day. That's hardly possible so let's assume it was a combination of burning and cutting:

Is it possible to cut 2,000 calories per day from your diet while also burning 2,000 calories per day at the gym? Example: To burn 2,000 calories per day at the gym you would have to do something like jogging on the treadmill (at 5 mph) for 4 hours (burning 500 calories per hour).
    Well, when it comes to an individual weightloss plan, everyone's body is different and as stated on many weightloss disclaimers: individual's results may vary, even though you are doing the same weightloss workout routine, but some may lose more weight than others, no matter how much you try to calculate food calories and exercise burning calories, you may lose more weight than the next person. I don't pay attention to the calculations like that above as you stated and as I said previously, on January 6th, 2009 I got on the scale weighing 202 pounds and joined the gym that same day working out 30-45 minutes per day straight non stop from (Tuesday January 6th, 2009 weighing 202 pounds) - (Monday January 1/12/09 weighing in at 194). and I also previously stated my weekly food intake and 80 ounces of water daily. I have been very disciplined with myself to lose this weight, because I have 2 gyms around me all day everyday at my job and down the street from my home, so there is no excuse for me not to lose weight, therefore I will follow up with you all on Monday January 19 to let you know my Week 3 results, and yes I will be honest to let you know if I lost weight, gained weight or hit a platue, so be sure to check on Monday morning January 19, 2009 for my results.

Last edited by Prestige; 01-16-2009 at 06:27 AM.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:41 AM   #14
    shucky ducky
    Veteran
    (male)

shucky ducky HB User

Unless someone is very morbidly obese, I don't think it's possible to lose 8 lbs of FAT in one week. Yes, it is very possible to lose 8 lbs in one week, but the bulk of that would be in water weight. People typically lose a lot of water weight during the initial phases of most weight reduction plans before the actual fat burning kicks in.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:06 AM   #15
    Prestige
    (female)

Prestige HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shucky ducky View Post
    Unless someone is very morbidly obese, I don't think it's possible to lose 8 lbs of FAT in one week. Yes, it is very possible to lose 8 lbs in one week, but the bulk of that would be in water weight. People typically lose a lot of water weight during the initial phases of most weight reduction plans before the actual fat burning kicks in.
    Water weight, fat burning weight or any weight that is coming off, as long as the scale is going down, that is all what matters to me. My goal is to lose weight not gain weight.

Closed Thread